Xara & Mutaytor Farewell To BRC - Burn Night 04

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby Crunchy Mama 2 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:18 pm

oddconvergence wrote:You misunderstand my point. That was actually your point - you presented having sell out crowds in LA as meaning you guys are good, musically or otherise. I was saying that just because you have a following doesn't mean you guys are better than mediocre.

Oddconvergence-now I see what you were saying. 2 things: 1) Please reread my post: I never said we were great or amazing or even mediochre - I said that many people in LA do dig our show refuting your general comment that we suck in our community- our fans dig us even if you don't. 2) Saying we've "sucked it up in LA for too long" is very different than saying "I personally don't like their music or their attitude." Your original post made it sound that you were speaking for others, not your own musical taste-and our attendance simply shows that many others in LA have different tastes than you. That's fair. Now I see where you stand, and you're entitled to your own opinion. We can end the tit for tat on musical taste. If you want to continue this debate, just contact me directly and we can talk in person-Crunchy@gigsville.org. I think we've both said our peace.

To GuiniverseElise-My God, if I had known I would have taken immediate steps to get the wheelchaired person a better place to see (we had a few people that were physically challenged on special platforms and perches so they could see better-I only wish I had known at the time). If you know who the person was, I'd love to apologize and try to make it up to them. Though we did have some friends and acquaintences videoing the show, I can't imagine any of them not moving for anyone in that situation-that totally sucks. Thank you so much for letting me know. When things like this happen I often don't find out until after the fact. We'll all be getting together soon to watch footage and I'll definitely get to the bottom of it so it never happens again.

Best,
Crunchy
Crunchy Mama 2

Postby GuinivereElise » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:00 pm

Cheesus wrote:GuinivereElise, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and Daniel. We did have a few people filming the show for us, but there were also a lot of people in the audience with their own personal cameras. I would hope that none of the people we asked to film for us would be so inconsiderate - I don't suppose you got his name, did you?

Alas, no, I didn't think of it. Honestly, I was so taken aback at the situation that i wasn't thinking clearly. Also, my brain just moved on to finding a different way to get my newly-made friend in closer to see the show. He was one of the lucky filmers INSIDE the orange fencing, so I'm assuming that he was asked to be there, as opposed to just one more video-toting audience member... he had a tripod, too, so I, again, assume that he was a 'hiree'.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, though. It's good to get some affirmation that this isn't the norm.....
GuinivereElise

Postby GuinivereElise » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:08 pm

Crunchy Mama 2 wrote:To GuiniverseElise-My God, if I had known I would have taken immediate steps to get the wheelchaired person a better place to see (we had a few people that were physically challenged on special platforms and perches so they could see better-I only wish I had known at the time). If you know who the person was, I'd love to apologize and try to make it up to them. Though we did have some friends and acquaintences videoing the show, I can't imagine any of them not moving for anyone in that situation-that totally sucks. Thank you so much for letting me know. When things like this happen I often don't find out until after the fact. We'll all be getting together soon to watch footage and I'll definitely get to the bottom of it so it never happens again.

Best,
Crunchy

Crunchy...

Thanks so much. I don't know his name at all... he was simply a lovely playa gift in the form of a beautiful personal aquaintance for only a short time... As it was, we ended up finding him a perfect spot (it took a little while, but we did it) and he saw perhaps the last 20 minutes from a great front-row seat. As the girls took their bras off at the end, I managed to squeeze back in and say "aren't you glad we worked so hard to get you this spot?" and his reply was a rousing "YEAH!". So, I think that no apology is necessary. He left a very happy camper, as did we all. Thanks for a great show! I only wish I was a part of it...!!!

-guinivere
GuinivereElise

The Mutaytor Fan Club

Postby Wunder » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:52 pm

First off, a big shout out and thankyou to The Mutaytor and Xara crew for a fabulous show on Saturday night. It's sad to think of these two mainstays not being on the Playa, but I'm looking forward to what may be created in their absence and the regional events.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Matty the Mutaytor perform on the Playa back in the day with Dr. Megavolt, the Azteca crew, the insectasomethingorotherbugband, etc. and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even if I have not exactly cared for the music (insectasomethingorotherbugband). I appreciate the tremendous amount of effort and discipline it takes to create and persevere, whether the outcome is good, bad or in between. Matty and The Mutaytor have done both.

Personally, I fu!#$in' dig where The Mutaytor is now. I love the music, energy, performance art and type of people who attend a Mutaytor show. Where else can you get right up the stage to see the performances? Where else is the entire audience feeling the energy and dancing like mad? How many other groups with that kind of intensity, that sell out shows, have very minimal, if any, problems with people getting violent?

I have taken many, many new people to Mutaytor shows and they have also taken many new people to Mutaytor shows. Out of all these people only a handful have not been coverted to full on Mutaytor fans, as is their perogitive. Even though it was not something they cared for they still appreciated the spirit of what The Mutaytor is trying to do.

Everyone has their opinions, obviously I have mine.

Wunder
Wunder

Postby jimbobby » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:59 pm

Where else can you get right up the stage to see the performances?

Largo

check out a Michael Penn/Aimee Mann show

no violence

and get this

writing
jimbobby

Previous

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities