Handicapped Burners want to PARTICIPATE!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Handicapped Burners want to PARTICIPATE!

Postby Mr. Fixit » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:38 am

Burners with Disabilities ready to PARTICIPATE!

Is your Themecamp, Art Installation, or Mutant Vehicle “wheelchair friendly”? Do you have a volunteer opportunity, service, or activity at BM 2004 that could be filled by someone using a chair? If you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions on making Burning Man more accessible to everyone, we'd love to talk with you.

If so, please contact me, Mr. Fixit: burningmanbiggianthead@hotmail.com, (or send an email to wheelchairs@burningman.com). I am the camp host of Hot Wheelz Camp: http://groups.msn.com/HotWheelzCamp. We provide our Hot Wheelz Cartz with hand controls to Burners who use wheelchairs as an enhancement to their Burning Man experience. We are Burning Man’s Equal Enjoyment Opportunity Camp (EEOC)

We are compiling a list of opportunities for our friends to PARTICIPATE! We would love to add your name and contact information to our list.

Here at Hot Wheelz Camp, we offer the gift of mobility to fellow Burners who might have difficulty traveling to the far reaches of Black Rock City. It is our goal to expand and enhance the opportunities of our Themecamp guests to PARTICIPATE!

Thanx.
Mr. Fixit
Mr. Fixit

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:02 pm

Mr Fixitt
When I first read the discription of HotWheelz camp last year I just about let out a cheer.
My own disability issues are not centered on mobility (although a recent sprain has made me realize how lucky I am usually), but I really appreciate you and your camp opening those (tent) doors. Good luck and see ya on the playa.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mr. Fixit » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Hot Wheelz Camp, (Orion's Belt & 6:00), cordially invites all Mutant Vehicles who wish to offer rides for Burners with Disabilities to please swing by any day @ either 9:00am or 9:00pm.

Hopefully, you will find a person who would love to share your Mutant Space for a jaunt into Black Rock City and its environs.

Thanx for your Mutant Vehicle contribution to our community!

Mr. Fixit, host of Hot Wheelz wheelchair Camp, Burning Man’s Equal Enjoyment Opportunity Camp (EEOC)
Mr. Fixit

Postby Icepack » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:12 am

Skim through the playa calendar. I'm sure there are lots of things that are wheelchair friendly. I'm not in charge so I don't know what the floor/entrance to our community space will be like, but I imagine there are lots of camps that are wheelchair accessible. I am camping with Burning Friends, aka L-A F Camp, and we are doing some art stuff. Pretty simple. Seems like anyone who can handle a magic marker or a paint brush would be able to have fun. I'm just not sure what the flooring/entrance/etc is like for the shade structure.
Icepack

Postby Mr. Fixit » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:43 pm

IcePack,
Thanx for your suggestion to check the Playa Calendar. Great Idea.

I got this email from Fancy, I think she is in your group:
Hello,

My hat’s off to you for such a grand endeavor. Thank you for all your efforts!

We’re the “Burning Friends aka LAFers” and we’ll be painting daily on the playa. Be glad to make room for a hot wheel, come paint with us. We’ll have all supplies necessary and you can keep your painting, gift it, burn it, it’s yours to do with as you please.
Be glad to help in any way we can. See you on the playa!
“Fancy”, head zookeeper at the LAFers www.artpacific.com/burningfriends.html
Mr. Fixit

Postby Icepack » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:35 pm

Mr. Fixit wrote:IcePack,
Thanx for your suggestion to check the Playa Calendar. Great Idea.

I got this email from Fancy, I think she is in your group:
Hello,

My hat’s off to you for such a grand endeavor. Thank you for all your efforts!

We’re the “Burning Friends aka LAFers” and we’ll be painting daily on the playa. Be glad to make room for a hot wheel, come paint with us. We’ll have all supplies necessary and you can keep your painting, gift it, burn it, it’s yours to do with as you please.
Be glad to help in any way we can. See you on the playa!
“Fancy”, head zookeeper at the LAFers www.artpacific.com/burningfriends.html

YAY Fancy! Fancy is our camp contact #1. So if she said the area will be hot wheel compatible, then you have it from the Queen's ears. Should be fun.
Icepack

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities