blogging the burn

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby Zulegoona » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:51 pm

Kind of a cool idea, GPS location direction the camera is pointed time/date, encoded, all available to be called up....

Why would you ever look at that though, unless your using it as evidence in court?
Zulegoona

Postby geekster » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:57 pm

well, I like to hike. If we take pics as we are walking in a national forest or while geocaching ... we could do things like ... use a map as the background with an arrow pointing to where we took each pic and a line showing our path. Shouldn't be too hard to put GPS electronics in a camera.

Of, if we ever wanted to go back to a certain place again, we would know exactly where it was just by pulling up the pic, get the position data, download it to the GPS and take off ...

or BETTER ... if YOU took a pic of some awesome place and sent me the pic, I could find that exact location later just from the data in it.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby geekster » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:00 pm

or, to be kindof on topic ... if you saw some cool thing at BurningMan and posted it to eplaya, I could D/L the pic, get the position data, load it into my GPS and go there and see it too.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

New look for fall

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:12 am

Zulegoona wrote:Kind of a cool idea, GPS location direction the camera is pointed time/date, encoded, all available to be called up....

Why would you ever look at that though, unless your using it as evidence in court?

It would be great for real estate. Zulegoona- Is that the new Autumn look for your avitar? Love it!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Previous

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities