Looking for badass drummers/percussionists...

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Looking for badass drummers/percussionists...

Postby mamasaid » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:46 pm

:twisted: the pinche puta mobile hot-ass unit :twisted: is looking for about 3-4 drummers/percussionists to help support our show. We are potentially looking for the following qualities:

Good drumming skills
Ability to improvise and play off what we are doing
Likes to work with 3 maybe 4 hot ass putas
Wants to practice the first few days of BM to get it together
Is Fun to be around
can help ask spirits to be present (duh, as if they wouldn't already be ALL over the playa anyway)
Great looking in anyway that means to you.

If you are interested, PM me back and we can chat...
Thanks..
Maldita :twisted:
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

making music with the unit

Postby Baterista Marc » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:26 am

Maldita,

Jammin' with the pinche puta mobile hot-ass unit sound cool. I play the drums in a punk band. I'm thinking of bringing my whole drum kit to BM but will also be brining my marching snare (I'll be playing with the Drum Consortium on the night of the burn). What instruments does the unit play? What king of music does it dig?

Marc
in peace, justice & lucha
Baterista Marc

I could help out

Postby Poledouris » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:06 am

I'm a self-taught drummer who has just finally gotten good enough to feel comfortable playing for others. I'm planning on taking my kit out to BM so it would be great to have a place to stay that welcomed a full kit (as opposed to just hand perc).
Poledouris

badass/bareass drummer

Postby pescadorr » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:57 am

i would love to play con algos pinche putas caliente!!! i play mobile percussion/drums and so does my crew and would love to back you up and make you shake quake and wiggle. we play brazilian style drums but can bust a beat in any style-funk,house, dancehall,latin. we will be at SUNSET SAMBA CIRCUS CAMP at 3:15 and Mercury with nightly(sunset as the name implies) parades and a show on thur. we also have songs we do with just the drums so we could coloborate with you if you want. i'll be there monday, pescadorr :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
pescadorr

Postby pescadorr » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

pescadorr here. my email is pescadorr@hotmail.com. too bad all these cool font options don't seem to be working for me :!: :!: :!:
pescadorr

kiwi drummer at your service

Postby Yonder Burn » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Hi - I drum on a full drum kit in a 70s style rock band, and also drum with a djembe. I will have the latter with me if you want djembe drumming - am used to improvisation. Get back to me via messages on eplaya or at newzealand@burningman.com if you are interested. It all sounds interesting to me.
Yondermon :)
Yonder is my name and Yonder is my home
Yonder Burn

I play Djembe

Postby littlebear » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:04 pm

Hey I am a first time burner looking for other musicians. I have a couple years expiernce playing with a funk, reggae, rock band. i will be bringing two djembe and would love to play. As I am a newbie I don't know where ill be on the playa but plan on being there around sunday night.

Much Love
littlebear

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities