Camp Israel is looking for participants, sound system, djs

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:19 pm

Bob wrote:
Release Me wrote:The camp name itself screems of exclusivity. If that is what they want...let them play with themselves...

Shirley, you're mistaking them for the Lust Tribe of Hedon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bullD

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:43 pm

blyslv wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I was pm'd to join this camp after admitting that I have jewish blood

That's what I don't understand. Are there certain immutable charecteristics that one must have before they would be included in the camp? Are goyim excluded? Doesn't seem like radical inclusivity to me.
And I wasn't really flattered. I suppose that someone searched on "jewish" and got me. Now if the Sideshow camp had e-mailed me and said "All your comments about hirstutism have made us wonder, would you like to try out as our bearded woman?" or if Camp Raving Bullhorn had asked "Hey, after your challenges to BRR, would you like to join us?" or if "Avian Love Nest" had called and said "Anyone who would name herself after her parakeet deserves to be with us," I'd be flattered, because it would imply that hey were paying attention. But this just seems to be one word in one post--out of hundreds of both.
Oh well.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:10 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
blyslv wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I was pm'd to join this camp after admitting that I have jewish blood

That's what I don't understand. Are there certain immutable charecteristics that one must have before they would be included in the camp? Are goyim excluded? Doesn't seem like radical inclusivity to me.
And I wasn't really flattered. I suppose that someone searched on "jewish" and got me. Now if the Sideshow camp had e-mailed me and said "All your comments about hirstutism have made us wonder, would you like to try out as our bearded woman?" or if Camp Raving Bullhorn had asked "Hey, after your challenges to BRR, would you like to join us?" or if "Avian Love Nest" had called and said "Anyone who would name herself after her parakeet deserves to be with us," I'd be flattered, because it would imply that hey were paying attention. But this just seems to be one word in one post--out of hundreds of both.
Oh well.

Sigh... i know what you mean. Based on past posts I've made I was approached by the Limp-Wristed Crotch Rockets to help with some of their perfomance art. They want to throw random hissy fits in center camp. But I find it so so dreary to be typecast like that.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:19 pm

And throwing Random Hissy Fits is first camp is so dirivative.

Now a very focused hissy fit at 2:30 and the Abyss is High Art indeed.
theCryptofishist

holy shit i hate been a phillistine

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:57 pm

hey you jews really have your shit togther.. i'm so there.. what chuzpa... holy shit... all the fun stuff without the threat of dismemberment or suicide bombers.... do you have a phillistine area where we can observe??? or can we just mingle.... in fact ill volunteer for something if ya need it... ive been doing the burn for years... those big ass crackers will be good burning man grub..

Postby Badger » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:47 pm

Admin notified.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby emily86 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:27 am

lizwiz....fuck 'em if they can't be open-minded. Your camp sounds great. i do not fit into the ethnic variety, but these dumb shits who want to turn your well meaning intent into political hoopla should go fuck themselves and wander over to the next theme camp that fits their fancy.

No one person rules bman...not even larry harvey. HA
emily86

Postby emily86 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:27 am

lizwiz....fuck 'em if they can't be open-minded. Your camp sounds great. i do not fit into the ethnic variety, but these dumb shits who want to turn your well meaning intent into political hoopla should go fuck themselves and wander over to the next theme camp that fits their fancy.

emily86

Postby emily86 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:28 am

emily86

Postby blyslv » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:54 am

A post so nice you had to say it twice?

I don't care about the camp one way or the other, but I am a little saddened that it's membership criteria is imutable. That is to say I'll never be a member. Every camp does (and should) have criteria. Mostly it's don't be an asshole and what can you contribute? For others it's talent. Thus if I wanted to join the fire spinners, I'd have to learn to spin fire. That's something I can do, if I want to.

The notion of "radical inclusion" is something I take to heart and is one of the things that attracts me most about this thing we do in the desert. When I see what I think is a violation of that I am bummed and I will speak out.

The thing that made me maddest and saddest was lizwiz's refusal to accord basic human decency and recognition to a group that Isreal has repressed. Refusing to refer to Palestinains by what they choose to be called is hateful racism, pure and simple. I know it's foolish to think that I can escape that kind of blind hate on the playa, but I can always hope, yes? But lizwiz is young and maybe someday the world won't be so black and white to her.

Do the former victims have to turn into the heinous oppressors?
blyslv

Postby zzberlin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:34 pm

> these dumb shits who want to turn your well meaning intent
> into political hoopla should go fuck themselves

Emily, did you read any of what "lizwiz" wrote?

Nuggets like this one:

"[T]he way the arabs are trying to destroy Israel"

Emily, just FYI, such a statement is extremely political.

When's the last time you read anything longer than a few paragraphs?

I'm with dvd burner on this issue.
He's the only one that has any sense around here.
zzberlin

Postby blyslv » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:35 pm

Uh, hello mz. famous librarian, I've got a pocketful of euros. if that doesn't count as cents, I don't know what would.

<wink wink>
blyslv

Postby G.W.B. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:53 pm

blyslv wrote:Uh, hello mz. famous librarian, I've got a pocketful of euros. if that doesn't count as cents, I don't know what would.

<wink wink>

Well if this makes any cents, blyslv was given credit here:
viewtopic.php?t=4096&start=15

For eloquently posting what was posted above.
And I'm sure that this will go unnoticed as the prostilization continues in the same fashion as was originally intended. I just hope that these attitudes are lost before they arrive on the plaza.
Grand Whopping Bastard.
G.W.B.

Postby G.W.B. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:55 pm

Playa not Plaza.

Darn Edit.
Grand Whopping Bastard.
G.W.B.

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:09 pm

G.W.B. wrote:Playa not Plaza.
So much for your being able to speak Spanish.
theCryptofishist

Postby zzberlin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:35 pm

> And I'm sure that this will go unnoticed as the prostilization continues in the same fashion as was originally intended.

Oh, in fairness, that other thread of lizwiz's isn't so bad.

and hi yourself, mr. slinky black velvet dress with decorative penis gourd!
zzberlin

Postby Dakota » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:39 pm

It's too bad the famous librarian can't fix her website.
Dakota

Postby zzberlin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:22 pm

> It's too bad the famous librarian can't fix her website.

In the mood to be hostile today, Dakota?

I take it the 'k' in Dakota >> Kinetic sock puppet?
zzberlin

Postby zzberlin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:01 pm

Anyway, Dakota, I don't know who you are and it doesn't matter.
It's cool that you looked at my site, and yeah,
sometimes it goes down, and it's too bad it was
down when you happened upon it.
zzberlin

Postby Tancorix » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:49 pm

H, Dakota is indeed a sock, and the last one I have left on this board. I got rid of the others, they were too much trouble to maintain. And at the time I made the Dakota post I was testing the logins to make sure that I had killed off all the others. DF/DVD has mastered the "art" of the sock much better than I did, and so I will leave those efforts in his most capable hands.

The reason I made the comment was not long ago, you had an excellent website with lots of good content. When I checked it earlier it was not operational. I see it's back online but has been scaled back quite a bit. But the blog more than offsets any changes and was a very interesting read. I still consider you one of the most fascinating people I have run across online. And someday I'd like to meet you, even if it's for just a minute. We have more in common than you might expect. And I always read any post you create and share.

In any event I won't hijack the thread with further blathering. I'm glad your site is back up, and your observation skills are as sharp as ever. For the famous librarian, I expected nothing less.
Tancorix

Postby bullD » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:06 pm

zzberlin wrote:Anyway, Dakota, I don't know who you are and it doesn't matter.
It's cool that you looked at my site, and yeah,
sometimes it goes down, and it's too bad it was
down when you happened upon it.

Whoa, zzberlin, ther are some VERY cool pictures/art on your site, NICE!!!!
Also noticed the email address is edu berk,,, prof/teacher? student?
bullD

Postby zzberlin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:27 pm

hey bullD, thanks! I work at the library on campus. As for the images
on my site, probably about 35% were lifted from the eplaya in one
of its manifestations (here, the previous eplaya, trey's 3playa), from
the image threads. This community is a fabulous source of random
imagery, that's for sure. (Bob alone is probably responsible for about
10% of the graphic content)

Whoops, I was gonna attach a funky graphic but I see my site
had gone down, guess I better investigate : )

ps. K I think it's safe to say both you and I have learned
some painful lessons publicly, that's for sure!
zzberlin

Postby bullD » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:01 am

zzberlin wrote:hey bullD, thanks! I work at the library on campus.

so the nickname "Famous Librarian" has real life connotation,,, word... :)
bullD

Postby zzberlin » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:45 am

bull,

Yes, I am famous for coining the term 'famous librarian'

Hey it's better than nothing : )
zzberlin

Postby bullD » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:36 am

zzberlin,

:wink: I like it!

So, does anybody know you as 'famous librarian' in BRC?
bullD

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:27 pm

DVD Burner wrote:...and the synagogue is still across the street from where my parents still live for over 30 years.

That's just because DVD never got around to burning it down!

hehehe!

Just giving you shit D.

Now about those remaking those Traditional Jewish songs to Techno and I'll bring a few bottles of wine- kosher of course!

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

DJ rabi

Postby talolardo » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:17 am

to my dismay, i wont be attending the burn this year, due to my obligiations to camp IDF but i thought of sharing this with the camp adn anyone else interested in bizzare stuff.

www.rachlin.org.il

this is the site of a hasidic movement (hasidism, in very very short, is a collection of movements that believe in focusing more on the relationship between man and god and less on the commandments of god to man) which emphasises creativity, there "Master, Teacher and Rabbi" (the traditional title for hasidic leaders) produces psychadelic trance laced with prayers, and written acordins to mystical mumbo jumbo. its not that good but its a hell of a novelty. if you ask him mayeb hell give a set at the burn

- hail satan
work like you dont need the money
love like youve never been hurt
dance like nobodys watching
talolardo

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:45 am

Oh, and Oh yeah I forgot......Guess who said this:

Religion and Political Campaigns
Posted: May 20, 2004
Freedom of religion is one of our nation's most cherished liberties. This liberty extends to candidates for political office, all of whom have the right to believe and to worship as they choose. Furthermore, candidates should feel comfortable explaining their religious convictions to voters. At the same time, however, there is a point at which the emphasis on religion in a political campaign can become inappropriate and even unsettling in a religiously diverse society such as ours. Public professions of specific religious beliefs should not become an elemental part of our nation's political campaigns.

As the 2004 elections - federal, state and local - draw closer, and campaigns begin to heat up, responsible candidates should recognize that appealing to voters along religious lines is divisive, and contrary to the American ideal. Voters should not be made to feel inferior or left out of the process because they are part of a religious minority. To the contrary, all Americans, of every faith, should be encouraged to make their decisions based upon their assessments of the qualifications and political positions of candidates, not their religiosity.

The (Jewish) Anti-Defamation League.

The irony of the Hypocritical damage to ones self.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:47 am

Religion and Politics suck.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby dirtygirl » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:40 pm

I would like for you to meet a friend of mine. She will not attend the Burn this year in body however her spirit lives in in many of her friends and on the playa itself. We will be there in large numbers, the memory of her smile on our minds, the memory of her words in our hearts. We will not forget her.

Meet her here..
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Learn why she will not be on the playa here...
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/16/rafah.death/
dirtygirl

PreviousNext

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities