Preparing To Be Nude

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby AntiM » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:05 am

E) sodium benzoate or potassium benzoate, may cause fatigue, sore throat, swollen lymph glands, headache, basically flu symptoms sans fever. I hate that shit.

What does that have to do with nekkid? Haven't a clue.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby philosopher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:13 pm

stormfeather wrote:Maybe the burn is where I will gain some acceptance of my nude self, of just how I am today.... That would be nice.

So, did you gain, lose, or forget about acceptance?
philosopher

hang out at nude places

Postby honeyfire » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:40 am

What i find interesting is how fast a nude body becomes visually neutral when you get a bunch of 'em together. In a group of clothed people, a nude person's body is a focal point. In a group of nude people, the faces quickly become the focal point, partly, i imagine, because that's where the action is in terms of communication, and partly because our facial features differ a whole lot more than our bodies do. I lucked out on the body consciousness thing, my parents started taking me to clothing optional locations/events when i was an anklebiter, so it's all no big whoop to me.
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!
honeyfire

Postby BitterDan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:51 pm

I grew up as the fat kid that everyone teased. And, for whatever reason, some of my fat setteled into my chest, giving me man tits from my earliest age. Those two things, combined with the easily predicted actions of crowds of other kids made my life hell whenever I had to take off my clothing in "public."

I was kind of the same way. While I wasn't exactly "fat" in my youth (though maybe a little chubby) I had these hard lumps under my nipples that came with the onset of puberty (apparently this is normal and happens to a lot of guys at puberty). I was a swimmer up to that point and I remember being ridiculed because my nipples stuck out. It didn't take long before I started wearing a tshirt in the pool but even then the kids could see them and would constantly point them out and laugh. As if there were something I could do about it. After a while my parents noticed that I wouldn't go in the pool as much as I used to and eventually they inquired if it was because of the lumps. I told them that it was and they forked over $5000 to a plastic surgeon to have them removed.

The damage had already been done though and to this day I still am VERY hesitant about taking my shirt off in public. I haven't even dared try to reach the point where I would show off my 2 inches of manhood in public, not even at BM where it wouldn't even be a big deal (no pun intended). :D
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 am

If you were to trim back about five inches of your bush, it would give the illusion of being bigger.
Penile implants are so hip , and they are surprisingly affordable nowadays. :)
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:35 am

i usually go with the crochet dick sock....

i cant help myself, it's the german tourist in me....
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:35 am

Wool, or a cotton-poly blend?
AntiM

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:36 am

Permanent Press Gabradine.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby mdmf007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am

thats a niche market - custom banana hammocks?
mdmf007

Camp Name: ESD

Postby BookBurner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:29 pm

robotland wrote:I'd start out being naked around the house....Not as easy as it sounds, once you're out of the bathroom and bedroom. Try getting comfortable doing everyday around-the-house things while naked. I work in the studio naked SOMETIMES, although metal scupting generally makes that challenging. Just getting more comfortable in your own skin is the first step to "taking your skin on the road". When we first moved to our old house, in a very rural and isolated part of Western Michigan, I declared that I'd be "officially moved in" when I could walk naked out to the road and get the Sunday newspaper...Of course I'd gotten most of the way there when the church traffic started coming by, inspiring a hasty dive into the bushes.

Awesome.
Rah, rah, rah.
BookBurner

the biggist conformists of all

Postby wonderhope » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:09 pm

you are all big drug doing confomists. Put your clothes on or go hang out in Nevada's strip joints and brothels where you belong!!!!!
wonderhope

Re: the biggist conformists of all

Postby ibdave » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:55 pm

wonderhope wrote:you are all big drug doing confomists. Put your clothes on or go hang out in Nevada's strip joints and brothels where you belong!!!!!

WOW :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water ...

Sock, troll or disturbed 12 year old?
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:42 pm

confomist

I love that word...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:42 pm

and my bet's for troll.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MozyBonz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:48 pm

disturbed 12 year old gets my vote
MozyBonz

Postby twinwitin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:57 am

I am a 5' tall (ha) woman. I have had children, gained and lost weight, and am no longer a 20-something. And let me tell you the only one who seems to worry about getting any kind of erection around me is the same guy who has had to have sex with me for 20 years!
As much as lovely gentlemen say "your body is beautiful no matter what your size." It just never rings true for me. Remember that guy said think about FAT nuns on trampolines, to help get rid of a public boner. I haven't ever heard anyone needing a thin woman to get rid of one...hmmmm. Not that I believe that naked is all about sex, my fam and I have been naked in many "public" naked places. I just get tired of hearing the "patronize the fat girl lines." It always ends the same way, cover up, hide my body, nobody needs to see that.
Some(I said some)women can be just as uncaring. I don't care what they think or say about my body. No woman will have a perfect body forever, even if she stays "skinny" gravity will win out eventually, so why waste time worrying about some other sisters' body, I have enough of my own body issues. ha ha. No, women I know have a tendency to make you feel like there is something wrong with you if you don't feel o.k. about your body. Like I am putting a blight on the whole of sisterhood because, I feel unattractive.
The only world I know is the one I live in, the only examples of fact I have are my experiences. I read on these threads alot and most everyone who writes in are very well educated and what g-ma called worldly wise. Alot of you have seen the world, maybe you have learned different views, and I applaude you for them. Maybe my opinion is ignorant, but it is what I have lived.
This trip to Burning man is, I feel more important to me than I can tell you. I have been waitng alot of years to have such an opportunity to open myself and learn, and experience whatever I can participate in, but naked? I doubt it.
twinwitin

Postby plowman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 am

The nice thing about Burning Man is that you can wear or not wear whatever you want. And noone critisizes, at least in our camp.
As the days go by you will find the intimidation factor in your mind will go down and the comfort zone will increase
Once you get there you will see.
plowman

Postby twinwitin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:10 pm

thanks plowman, you seem very nice. :)
twinwitin

Postby BitterDan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Sock, troll or disturbed 12 year old?

Probably all three.

And noone critisizes, at least in our camp.

Oh yes they do. There are people sitting around judging you just for sake of judging you. :twisted:
BitterDan

Postby AntiM » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:29 pm

We only do that when out Camp Curmudgeon sign is out.

(Hey I'm five two and over 200 pounds, with many surgery scars and I feel gorgeous!)
AntiM

Postby plowman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:32 pm

AntiM,
you are gorgeous, I can see it in your heart!

BitterDan: Your ePlaya name says it all. Sorry about your luck pal.
plowman

Postby BitterDan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:43 pm

BitterDan: Your ePlaya name says it all. Sorry about your luck pal.

Yeah, I am just a big dick because of my small dick. I'm so bitter I make lemons sweet. :wink:
BitterDan

Re: hang out at nude places

Postby RedheadBarbie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:49 pm

[quote="honeyfire"]What i find interesting is how fast a nude body becomes visually neutral when you get a bunch of 'em together. In a group of clothed people, a nude person's body is a focal point. In a group of nude people, the faces quickly become the focal point[/quote]

I've been in a Spencer Tunick photo and that is exactly what I found. Everything I have read about other's experience with Spencer said the same. Nudity is a great equalizer. It was so beautiful to be among old/young, hip/geek, punk/yuppie, skinny/big, black/white etc and see all of them start to talk, really talk and connect, and see the person inside without the definitions we fall into with our clothes on.
RedheadBarbie

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:03 pm

After Monday evening I only notice the oddities in a naked person.

You know - the 350 pound guy naked on a bike (where did that seat go is what I wonder)

even then I stop noticing that by wednesday.
mdmf007

Camp Name: ESD

Postby ragabashpup » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 pm

I got used to nudity really fast in brc. Our neighbors across the street didnt have clothes on the whole time. I enjoyed seeing what color they were going to be that day or what shoes, wonderful hats they would be wearing.

Even though I am young and in decent shape and run around nekkid in my home all of the time I am nervous about being nude at burning man. I really hate society for pounding it into womens heads that we can not be nude and happy with ourselves in public. It is something I am trying to break myself of before August. I think my first step will being naked in the local gym locker room with all those other women. For some reason its the idea of women seeing me nude that bothers me not men...

I think it is because I know men will think it is beautiful no matter what while women are quicker to judge...
ragabashpup

Postby Dreamer121 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:21 am

I'm a burner virgin and cant wait to be nude for a week!

I've never done the whole nudist thing before and thought heck why not.

I wouldnt mind getting covered in body paint and have been looking around the net for how much paint would be needed or which type would be best. Anyone got any suggestions??

Also the whole cleaning it off myself might pose a problem in Black Rock City... anyone experience with body paints at the burning man??

Scott x
Dreamer121

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:44 am

If you're eating spicy tacos, then wash your hands BEFORE you go to pee. You will not be warned again.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 am

In the ancient Greek games, a naked competitor wore a Kynodesme to restrain his penis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kynodesme

Ugly Dougly

Postby BitterDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:28 pm

If you're eating spicy tacos

Mmmm indian tacos.... drool

In the ancient Greek games, a naked competitor wore a Kynodesme to restrain his penis.

One word. OWWWWWWW!!!
BitterDan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy