Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon May 26, 2014 1:08 pm

(((peace))) I hope you come lurk at the Meet & Greet this year so I can give you a shit gift and thank you for posting. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 pm

The fact that this place is damn near unregulated is what makes it interesting. Hell even here I occasionally get threads or posts yanked. I'm on a few other Internet forums that cater to a few specific interests of mine but I get quickly bored with them because they are so stern about enforcing political correctness. Or I get shit canned like most of us would!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
User avatar
Captain Goddammit
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby peace » Mon May 26, 2014 2:18 pm

My Dear Friend...

Hell it's only May and I still think I'm not going this year.
peace
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

peace wrote:My Dear Friend...

Hell it's only May and I still think I'm not going this year.


I will hope to see you, then. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby peace » Mon May 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Yep...I'll be propping up the piano
peace
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon May 26, 2014 9:04 pm

peace wrote:Yep...I'll be propping up the piano


*makes a note*

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Elorrum » Mon May 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Can't we find a piano that is more firmly constructed?
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Elorrum wrote:Can't we find a piano that is more firmly constructed?

Now you say that? It took me hours to rickify it!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39861
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby gaminwench » Mon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Tom Lehrer.
Paging Tom Lehrer.

:mrgreen:
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 2001
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby ^Rhino! » Tue May 27, 2014 7:26 am

gaminwench wrote:Tom Lehrer.
Paging Tom Lehrer.

:mrgreen:


Just for you, gaminwench:

[media]
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
User avatar
^Rhino!
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Casanova » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 am

Hello there!

I noticed that you are:
[] Looking for tickets / asking about tickets
[] Looking for someone /a group to fund your burn
[] Looking to DJ at a sound camp
[] Asking questions that can easily be answered by a Google search
[] Asking questions that can easily be answered by reading the survival guide
[X] Trolling

The answer to your question can be found by:
[] Reading the Jackrabbit newsletter
[] Reading the survival guide
[] Visiting the official Burning Man website
[] Performing a Google search
[] Reading previous questions posted this day answering your question
[X] Using common sense
[] Getting a job
[X] Trolling more
[] Prepare better

Also you should know that:
[] Nobody here is selling tickets
[] Nobody knows anyone selling tickets and if we did we know someone that needs them
[] Sign up for STEP or the OMG sale
[] You are the 10th person today asking that question
[X] Figure it out on your own (Radical Self-Reliance)
[] Your art car is your art car; pay for it yourself
[] Burning Man is expensive, and no we will not give you money
[] There are enough DJs at Burning Man already so no one is looking for DJs
[] Burning Man isn’t a rave
[X] That’s great you discovered Burning Man, you are not the unique snowflake that you think you are and we don’t care if you don’t go or if you don’t like us
[X] Everyone here is a troll

In conclusion:
[X] GTFO
[X] Go fuck yourself
[X] No one cares
[X] Don’t ever post here again
[] This year was cancelled so screw it
[X] Fuck yer day
[] Daft Punk. Trash Fence.
[] It was better last year
[] No one cares about your Soundcloud or if you we don’t DJ at Burning Man
[X] Meh
[] No tickets here
User avatar
Casanova
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Hellfire Society

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am

[X] I can't wait for Southern California to fall into the fucking ocean.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
User avatar
Roberto Dobbisano
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Dobbidossola, Italy.

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby ^Rhino! » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:[X] I can't wait for Southern California to fall into the fucking ocean.


Wrong type of plate boundary. I can't wait for certain wonks to get a little geology education.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
User avatar
^Rhino!
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:33 am

Roberto's a wonk? I thought he was a wop.

And I can't help but feeling a little bit of pride when Casanova does something good. Our newbs, they grow up so fast...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39861
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby graidawg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Casanova wrote:Hello there!

I noticed that you are:
[] Looking for tickets / asking about tickets
[] Looking for someone /a group to fund your burn
[] Looking to DJ at a sound camp
[] Asking questions that can easily be answered by a Google search
[] Asking questions that can easily be answered by reading the survival guide
[X] Trolling

The answer to your question can be found by:
[] Reading the Jackrabbit newsletter
[] Reading the survival guide
[] Visiting the official Burning Man website
[] Performing a Google search
[] Reading previous questions posted this day answering your question
[X] Using common sense
[] Getting a job
[X] Trolling more
[] Prepare better

Also you should know that:
[] Nobody here is selling tickets
[] Nobody knows anyone selling tickets and if we did we know someone that needs them
[] Sign up for STEP or the OMG sale
[] You are the 10th person today asking that question
[X] Figure it out on your own (Radical Self-Reliance)
[] Your art car is your art car; pay for it yourself
[] Burning Man is expensive, and no we will not give you money
[] There are enough DJs at Burning Man already so no one is looking for DJs
[] Burning Man isn’t a rave
[X] That’s great you discovered Burning Man, you are not the unique snowflake that you think you are and we don’t care if you don’t go or if you don’t like us
[X] Everyone here is a troll

In conclusion:
[X] GTFO
[X] Go fuck yourself
[X] No one cares
[X] Don’t ever post here again
[] This year was cancelled so screw it
[X] Fuck yer day
[] Daft Punk. Trash Fence.
[] It was better last year
[] No one cares about your Soundcloud or if you we don’t DJ at Burning Man
[X] Meh
[] No tickets here


i love you already
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 am

"Ironically, this hypocrisy pattern was especially strong among persons scoring high on a self-report measure of moral responsibility (Batson et al., 1997; Batson, Thompson, Seuferling, Whitney, & Strongman, 1999)"

No doubt, the more righteous and noble a "burner" describes themselves, the more someone else is needed to fill in the details for the dreamer.
I was going to take the playa name of "Pretentious", but I found out that 20,000 others beat me to it.
Some take pride in snark, others in the lies they form about themselves.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide
User avatar
Lonesomebri
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: NorCal
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 am

Prescient might be better.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Fan C » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:14 am

^Rhino! wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:[X] I can't wait for Southern California to fall into the fucking ocean.


Wrong type of plate boundary. I can't wait for certain wonks to get a little geology education.


Exactly I think of it as waiting for So Cal to slide up the coast until we're a weird island off oregon.

I first learned about ttitd from a Cacophony friend in the early '90's and watched from the sidelines for nearly twenty years before I finally went.

From my perspective it seems that the snark level on playa has gone down over time, mostly I'd guess as the population changed over time add more ravers, dilute the original Cacophany, add more hippies dilute again etc.

"You're doing wrong!" sums it all up. Part of it is perception too. In person you get a better feel for intent than the written word. I found plenty of snark on playa, though very little bad will, the secret I'm about to spill? We're all doing it wrong.
Last edited by Fan C on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan C
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:11 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: live fast die

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:28 am

As an aside, I discover this kind soul who started this thread is in the same camp as me....fate....karma.... It's a funny thing. I take back back everything I have posted.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide
User avatar
Lonesomebri
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: NorCal
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby ^Rhino! » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Fan C wrote:
^Rhino! wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:[X] I can't wait for Southern California to fall into the fucking ocean.


Wrong type of plate boundary. I can't wait for certain wonks to get a little geology education.


Exactly I think of it as waiting for So Cal to slide up the coast until we're a weird island off oregon.

I first learned about ttitd from a Cacophony friend in the early '90's and watched from the sidelines for nearly twenty years before I finally went.

From my perspective it seems that the snark level on playa has gone down over time, mostly I'd guess as the population changed over time add more ravers, dilute the original Cacophany, add more hippies dilute again etc.

"You're doing wrong!" sums it all up. Part of it is perception too. In person you get a better feel for intent than the written word. I found plenty of snark on playa, though very little bad will, the secret I'm about to spill? We're all doing it wrong.


**Doffs hat in a salute to Fan C***

Exactly. I am waiting until SoCal is across the bay from SF, then the shit will really hit the fan.

I've been using "You're doing it wrong" for years, in another form with my drillers to keep them on their toes.

I had one of my drillers getting a little holier-than-thou one day with his crew, and I stepped up to his control plaform. I leaned over to him, while looking at his next adjustment to drilling speed, and very flatly stated to him, "Leroy wouldn't have drilled it like that." (Leroy was at the time, our safest driller). The offending holier-than-thou nitwit gave a huge start, when he realized that without being cruel, I had put him in his place quite neatly. Smiles all around from the crew, who had heard what I said. Nitwit became human for the remainder of the day.

Don't be pretentious about it, don't even be hateful. State it flat out. Last year, a girl I met was putting unprotected rebar into the corners of her tent to hold up the guy cables. I stopped her, gave her some large landscape nails with washers, and showed her my way of holding those guy cables without endangering everyone else in her camp. "you're doing it wrong' should be replaced by "here's a better way" and then jump in LIKE A LEADER and show them how.THAT is how BRC is supposed to operate, but sometimes doesn't because we're human and subject to feelings and change.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
User avatar
^Rhino!
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby BBadger » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:As an aside, I discover this kind soul who started this thread is in the same camp as me....fate....karma.... It's a funny thing. I take back back everything I have posted.


Yin to your yang?
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 4432
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 am

I'd say here on eplaya, yes absolutely. But as already said out there on the real playa, no... there's 90% the coolest people you've ever met, blended with 10% the hugest assholes in the universe. Pretty great odds, considering.
And don't worry about your first burn, you'll do fine. I'm like you, research everything through and through before I buy, commit, or engage. This may sound counter to what you're expecting but: You need this burn. You've got to let go and just let it work it's relaxing fingers into you. It'll be weird, hard, amazing, silly, ridiculous, annoying, stupid and the most incredible experience ever. Trust me, you'll love it.
User avatar
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Lonesomebri » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:01 am

Gunslinger wrote:I'd say here on eplaya, yes absolutely. But as already said out there on the real playa, no... there's 90% the coolest people you've ever met, blended with 10% the hugest assholes in the universe.


The implication here, totally wrong and scientifically inaccurate, is that those who snark are not the coolest people.....not cool, at least.....like those who consider themselves saints.
"Ironically, this hypocrisy pattern was especially strong among persons scoring high on a self-report measure of moral responsibility (Batson et al., 1997; Batson, Thompson, Seuferling, Whitney, & Strongman, 1999)"

The coolest people I know don't have to tell everyone how spiritual and giving they are, they are smart, quick witted, not easily upset, laughs at themselves, able to understand and use humor (truly a lost art among the idealist). Snark weeds out those who think the world owes them a good time, that everyone else has a job to uphold their own self-worth, those unable to face opposition (which the natural world of the playa will dish out without sympathy, no mistake, it ain't your mother). I don't know, but the OP, after this, is going to be a better burner, able to take what the playa gives, even if it isn't constant reassurance and confirmations. The OP is going to love the Burn, and make it better, bring the fire (metaphorically, even if they cook of anothers). If anyone decided to drop out because on-line snark..... yeah.....
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide
User avatar
Lonesomebri
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: NorCal
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby some seeing eye » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

If people are taking their free time to give advice, I have no problem if they want to wrap it in snark. It may not have the intended effect. But this is the internet.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
User avatar
some seeing eye
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Location: The Oregon
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Jovankat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Lonesomebri wrote: If anyone decided to drop out because on-line snark..... yeah.....



That made me think of this
it's just a fucking picnic in the desert, but it's with some of the best people on earth.
User avatar
Jovankat
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 am
Location: Australia
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby BBadger » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:The coolest people I know don't have to tell everyone how spiritual and giving they are, they are smart, quick witted, not easily upset, laughs at themselves, able to understand and use humor (truly a lost art among the idealist). Snark weeds out those who think the world owes them a good time, that everyone else has a job to uphold their own self-worth, those unable to face opposition (which the natural world of the playa will dish out without sympathy, no mistake, it ain't your mother). I don't know, but the OP, after this, is going to be a better burner, able to take what the playa gives, even if it isn't constant reassurance and confirmations. The OP is going to love the Burn, and make it better, bring the fire (metaphorically, even if they cook of anothers). If anyone decided to drop out because on-line snark..... yeah.....


^-- This.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 4432
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby brcprincess » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 am

More often than not people who snark online will be nice as pie when you meet them on the Playa.

In a post burn wrap up a few years back I posted that I thought while the Temple was beautiful, I felt having the staircase in the centre detracted a little from the stillness (can't remember which year it was). It was a minor point but I got a long and very snarky PM from someone who helped build the Temple, nasty stuff really. Just goes to show anyone can snark, even the holiest of Burners.

The key is not to take it personally. None of us are perfect, and even the nicest people can snark if they are irritated and have the anonymity of the internet to protect them.

Thankfully we are face to face on the Playa so most of the time we're seeing the best side :)
User avatar
brcprincess
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 am

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

brcprincess wrote:It was a minor point but I got a long and very snarky PM from someone who helped build the Temple, nasty stuff really. Just goes to show anyone can snark, even the holiest of Burners.


Building the Temple doesn't make you "holy", it means you have a huge enough ego that you want to be known as part of the (usually) single largest piece of participant created art on the playa (since the Man is done by the Org).
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby Lonesomebri » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:54 pm

brcprincess wrote:More often than not people who snark online will be nice as pie when you meet them on the Playa.
In a post burn wrap up a few years back I posted that I thought while the Temple was beautiful, I felt having the staircase in the centre detracted a little from the stillness (can't remember which year it was). It was a minor point but I got a long and very snarky PM from someone who helped build the Temple, nasty stuff really. Just goes to show anyone can snark, even the holiest of Burners. The key is not to take it personally. None of us are perfect, and even the nicest people can snark if they are irritated and have the anonymity of the internet to protect them.
Thankfully we are face to face on the Playa so most of the time we're seeing the best side :)


Maybe he wasn't snarking. He probably sees himself above snark, maybe he is just touchy and rude, with little room to laugh at themselves. I contend that snarking is not bad and not done by bad people, as so many on this thread reflectively imply. "Even the best Burner can resort to snark". No shit, ALL THE BEST BURNERS RESORT TO SNARK. It is a good side. I contend that the people who don't snark, who see it as beneath them and negative, perhaps like this Temple builder, sometimes are just plain worse. Engaging someone in humor and sarcasm, receiving a response, even if it is couched in snark, being able to be self-depreciating and snap back under adversity, give and take, a dance, that is the thing of life. Someone who can't handle that is somehow superior?

I've already apologized to the original poster, I'll see how long that holds.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide
User avatar
Lonesomebri
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: NorCal
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Re: Snark, is that really something burners take pride in?

Postby ^Rhino! » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:05 pm

"Engaging someone in humor and sarcasm, receiving a response, even if it is couched in snark, being able to be self-depreciating and snap back under adversity, give and take, a dance, that is the thing of life."

True 'dat. I've seen it happen repeatedly. Of course, I look like Buddy Hackett and my equipment operator's name was really Jerry Lewis. When he got out of the cab and yelled "Hey, lady!" like Jerry did in the movies, I just about hyperventilated I was laughing so hard.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
User avatar
^Rhino!
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest