"...Don't stop believin', hold on to that feelin'...&qu

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

"...Don't stop believin', hold on to that feelin'...&qu

Postby mamasaid » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:45 pm

I resolve to hold on to what I learned this year. I wrote this prayer yesterday before my meditation so that I may remind myself when the playa dust settles, when city angst gets to me, when I am pre-menstrual, when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and when I lack faith...

Spirit that guides me, help me remember the teachings I learned on the playa each day. let not my daily life and old habits creep in to break my faith in love, truth and unity.
In reality, let me remember not to allow worry to manifest in my consicousness. help me to remember that whatever comes my way is exactly right, always in line with what God has provided me. Let me be open always to the possibilities each surprise that rolls in holds.
Help me to tame my bitterness, the side of me that is offended by other people's weaknesses. Instead, let me remain calm and let me look beyond and see the truth of that person, so that I may react with love and kindness, gentleness, compassion, and a will that allows the other people to feel safe, to feel love with me.
Let fire burn in me every moment in my soul, in my heart, in my eyes. Let it fuel the work of my hands. Let me remain stable when the embers are low, always knowing more fuel is right by me, in my power to fuel and stoke the fire, an unending resource from God.
Let me know what I left behind and burned on the playa. Let me know they are not part of me anymore, and that if they seem present, it is only my conditioning, and that I need new reactions to rising feeling of fear. Judgment, self-doubt, bad body image, lack of faith are all gone from me.
I ask for help with new ways to look at my life, new possibilities, new vantage points from which to see.
In gratitude for a blessed playa experience...amen.
(pick an ending word that works for you...)

I hope this is useful to you...

lots of love,
Maldita
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby jimbobby » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:56 pm

I listened to that journey song on the way out. Nearly cried my eyes out.
jimbobby

Postby mamasaid » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 pm

I dont care what anyone says, journey rocks. I still love them...

"...when the lights, go down, in the city..."

maldita
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Return to Politics & Philosophy