Badger and others more info about the damage to the lake bed

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:07 pm

A 426 Hemi in a Neon...NOW THAT would be something.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

rodent

Re: badger youwork at stanford correct?

Post by rodent » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:20 pm

allanon2 wrote: if thats so someof your smartest PHD"s can barelylive on their own
does thatmeanthey are nto smart?

no reasonto answer as intelgence is a braodmeasure and everyone has some defiencies.

most teachers have a mathlevel under 10th to 11th grade so does that mean they shoudl ntoteach becuase their math level is only 10th grade?

always lookign to bash me and catch me onthings
sigh
"thats" "someof" "PHD"s" "barelylive" "thatmeanthey" "nto" "reasonto" "intelgence" "braodmeasure" "defiencies" "mathlevel" "shoudl" "ntoteach" "lookign" "onthings"

PROOFREAD YOUR DAMN POSTS!!!

Take 10 seconds out and reread your post before hitting "submit".

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

rodent

Re: if BLMdoes nto have firm evidence either way how can I?

Post by rodent » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:24 pm

allanon2 wrote:It is BLM'sjob to study the area and they keep sayign that ummwell we are studing it
or umm well its not on federal land.
etc..

but the dunes are being studied acording to BLM yet what they said they wouldhave 3-4 years ago (mapsof them and size) they have yet to release that data

i have asked them and they still dont say anythign except wellwe are still studing it.
so if blm does not have data noone has firm data.
youcan get a private study to say almost anything. I have FOIA documents that go both ways.
"BLM'sjob" "sayign" "ummwell" "studing" "its" "wouldhave" "mapsof" "dont" "anythign" "wellwe" "studing" "youcan"

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: for 20,000 you can buy a neon that will do 0-60 in 5.9 s

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:39 pm

allanon2 wrote:it will outrun any car in its price range.
that same car will run aout 140 mph.
out handle most cars under 35K
just a fyi
Was going back for some yuks and came across this nonsense about your Neon...
You know, if you had any skill you could do better. My friend just put a fuel-injected 5.0 Ford V8 into a Mazda RX7, has under $500 in it, and it'll wipe ANY Neon. If he spent $20,000 on it, it would wipe almost anything you could name. (I was busy putting a Cadillac 500 into my Chevy dually truck, even THAT will run with a $20,000 Neon except in a tight turn, with a trailer on it!) You have to be more ambitious than putting on stickers that claim stuff you ain't got and listing that as a "modification".
You can even buy pre-made kits to put a Chevy V8 in an RX7, buy a pre-built motor and a nice RX7 and pay someone who knows what they're doing to put it together for you and still go much faster for much less money.

Gee, sorry, but a few friends were over reading that claim of yours and cracking up...
And you're still out in left field about the playa, too.

As long as you choose to hang out here trying to convince people we are ruining the playa, we (myself and I'm sure others) will be here to make sure you feel welcome and respected. Maybe we'll take up a collection to get you a copy of "Hooked On Phonics". Teacher.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Tancorix

Post by Tancorix » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:34 pm

A copy of Hooked on Phonics and MS Office 2003 for Students and Teachers? I'll gladly cough up $20 as the first donation to the cause. Seriously. And maybe help him get a different keyboard and see if that helps.

allanon2

Post by allanon2 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:43 pm

fine i should have said any new car.
I could also put a 100 shot on a 1980's K car and run 14 in the drag strip assuming i didnt blow the engine

[/quote]
Was going back for some yuks and came across this nonsense about your Neon...
You know, if you had any skill you could do better. My friend just put a fuel-injected 5.0 Ford V8 into a Mazda RX7, has under $500 in it, and it'll wipe ANY Neon. If he spent $20,000 on it, it would wipe almost anything you could name. (I was busy putting a Cadillac 500 into my Chevy dually truck, even THAT will run with a $20,000 Neon except in a tight turn, with a trailer on it!) You have to be more ambitious than putting on stickers that claim stuff you ain't got and listing that as a "modification".
You can even buy pre-made kits to put a Chevy V8 in an RX7, buy a pre-built motor and a nice RX7 and pay someone who knows what they're doing to put it together for you and still go much faster for much less money.

Gee, sorry, but a few friends were over reading that claim of yours and cracking up...
And you're still out in left field about the playa, too.

As long as you choose to hang out here trying to convince people we are ruining the playa, we (myself and I'm sure others) will be here to make sure you feel welcome and respected. Maybe we'll take up a collection to get you a copy of "Hooked On Phonics". Teacher.[/quote]

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:49 am

Neons and Mazda's aside, here is what I want to know;

1) Is BM causing "damage" to the Playa? If so, what form and how bad?

note: if the damage is no worse than existed before by other users or is less than natural fluctautions, I consider this to be negligible.

2) Is this damage substantial enough to endanger the future of BM?

3) What can be done to ensure BM continues for many years to come (assuming that #1 & #2 are Yes)?

4) Are there other issues besides Playa Serpents and Frog Pond that could crop up?

5) Lastly, who has the ultimate authority on this issue? The BLM? The EPA?

allanon2

good questions

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:21 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:Neons and Mazda's aside, here is what I want to know;

1) Is BM causing "damage" to the Playa? If so, what form and how bad?

note: if the damage is no worse than existed before by other users or is less than natural fluctautions, I consider this to be negligible.

that is still TBD but it is lookign liek that they are the cuase Blm has not said so publicly. Now privately thats a differnt story but until them publicly they dont know.

2) Is this damage substantial enough to endanger the future of BM?

if they get big enough or if they are directly linked to BM then yes the plaay serpents aka dunes could endager and possibly hut down the evnt cuase the NCA has issue with a use causign other uses to not occur.
I dont want to get into that as thats the future. but yes it can cuases bug time peroblems if it gets directly linked.

3) What can be done to ensure BM continues for many years to come (assuming that #1 & #2 are Yes)?

possibly move to a micro playa where the dust woudl go into the suroiugn plant area and hills and not uild up on the lake bed as dunes. also their is the wate issue.

4) Are there other issues besides Playa Serpents and Frog Pond that could crop up?

many other potential long term problems. that peopel have not quanitified yet. that is why a EIS is important it wouldd long at long term impacts and see how they can be built up and cuase what is now not forseen problemes. that is wa\hy a EIS with an enphasis on the BM event is important. I have and so does BLM have a list of potetntial impact is just as of now their is not enough info to say they are significant or not. but they might be
remeber acid rain and the east coast. it took 30 years to see what the problem was and took a logn time to build up until then the problem was slow and took a logn time to be bad. BM is haivng many other small impacts but will they get companounded year to year? not sure. the plaay serpents are that way in 200 they started getting bigger,
2001 bigger, 2002 bigger, etc...
in 2002 they got bad enough that BLM decided to tell people to be carefull. so the question you asked is a hard one to answer as not a lot of info exists. think about all that pee/poop on the playa and the flyign dust. that one to me is kinda gross. and yes many many peopel pee on the playa during the evnt i would guess that more pee is on the playa than in the porta poddies well at least at night. and yes i have been inside and oberserved this first hand.

5) Lastly, who has the ultimate authority on this issue? The BLM? The EPA?
good question each is in charge of iffern things
kinda liek the FCC has unltimate powr over airwaves. yet BLM wont enforce FCC laws.
rivers one group has authoirty over
etc...
but untiltmatly its up to the BLM to manage the land and enforce the regulations.

Tancorix

Post by Tancorix » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:24 pm

I wonder if there's a phpBB spellchecker mod?

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:14 pm

Probably wouldn't help - I ran a couple of Allanon's posts through the msword spell check, and it could only decipher about half of them.

A better option may be donating a voice-to-print device...plus it would assuredly be a lot more entertaining!

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:26 pm

Tancorix wrote:I wonder if there's a phpBB spellchecker mod?
Yes there is and I sent it up a year ago. Stop asking please.

Allonon is just doing what he is doing because you guys like this. Why else would you guys waste so much time with his thread?
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:28 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote: A better option may be donating a voice-to-print device...plus it would assuredly be a lot more entertaining!
I think you may be suprised to find out he speaks the way he writes. :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:37 pm

allanon2 wrote:fine i should have said any new car.
I could also put a 100 shot on a 1980's K car and run 14 in the drag strip assuming i didnt blow the engine
I could run 14s with a couple of plug wires pulled. Still for less. You just have to know how to do more than put on a few bolt-ons and stickers like a poser.

You're with Stopburningman.gag, and will find no friends here, and lack the wit or intelligence to influence anyone.
The longer you stay, the more of a punching bag you'll be.
I'm intentionally engaging you because the more I can get you to say, the more you hang yourself... so, give us more! It's just idle entertainment, until everyone gets bored, at which point we'll forget you and everything you said.

allanon2

peopel here might forget me but others wont

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:48 pm

You're with Stopburningman.gag, and will find no friends here, and lack the wit or intelligence to influence anyone.
The longer you stay, the more of a punching bag you'll be.
I'm intentionally engaging you because the more I can get you to say, the more you hang yourself... so, give us more! It's just idle entertainment, until everyone gets bored, at which point we'll forget you and everything you said.[/quote]

I am not looking for friends. I expect peopel to get upset when someone has a problem with somethign that they love to dear.

and the people i am trying to reach dont forget. they write emaisl to BLM.
Contact me about what they can do
Media calls me.
newspapers etc...
BLM begins to take notice and wala peopel are seeing reality. and that is what is occuring.

Captain Goddammit

Re: peopel here might forget me but others wont

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:15 pm

allanon2 wrote: and the people i am trying to reach dont forget. they write emaisl to BLM.
Contact me about what they can do
Media calls me.
newspapers etc...
BLM begins to take notice and wala peopel are seeing reality. and that is what is occuring.
Yeah, media and newspapers want to talk to ANY crackpot who makes a good story, that doesn't mean you have any real credibility. They also want to interview criminals, rapists, murderers, and other freakshows that think that "their word is getting out" when they are exploited for material to fill time like they do with you. They also want to talk to Michael Jackson about buggering little boys.
Every large event has an impact of some sort. It's ridiculous to point at one, especially one of the most responsible, self-policing, and clean ones to ever happen, and scream about it not being completely invisible.
If you were not smoking such large amounts of crack, you'd find much better places to aim your crusade against environmental atrocities.

Oh, and Teacher, your spelling, punctuation, and capitalization all still sucked enough to make you look like a dummy, edit a little harder so you're only handicapped by your content.

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:31 pm

A 426 Hemi in a Neon...NOW THAT would be something.
No Judge. 426 cc's of functioning neuro tissue inside Wreck's cranium would be impressive.

Damn impressive actually.

Kisses

ness

Post by ness » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:29 pm

allynone2 you soud top bey me hose som time i coud mebe hep you wth yor spelingy

BurnScar

Post by BurnScar » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:02 pm

My wife gets mad and upset when people slander me openly.
Hey Al, I fucked your wife.

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:24 pm

BurnScar wrote:
You didn't go back for seconds?

Well, that explains why she's pissed and he's psycho.
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

BurnScar

Post by BurnScar » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:47 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:
BurnScar wrote:
You didn't go back for seconds?

Well, that explains why she's pissed and he's psycho.
Couldn't. It started to burn when I pissed.

Return to “Philosophical Center”