Getting Your Body Ready

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby paps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:08 am

I'd welcome into my MOUTH a wheel of freaking cheese right about now.
paps

Postby amnesia » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:14 am

Me too. I need to feed soon or will pass out.
amnesia

Postby nipples » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:17 am

I am omnivorous. Does that work for you?
nipples

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:18 am

I dont know why but every time I scan passed the name of this thread I keep seeing Booty. I know it's spelled diffrently but........

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:20 am

cheese self awareness
a free wheel for it's own sake
are we not cheeseheads
Sensei

Postby amnesia » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:22 am

I cannot recall, but from the stains on my pants it appears I am partially so.
amnesia

Postby paps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:25 am

I'm hypo-gylcemic, give me starch or give me give me give me quick
paps

Postby paps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:26 am

i wanna eat something now
paps

Postby paps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:28 am

okay, step back wit yo fingas
i gotta eat sometihing REAL QUICK
or pass out (and worry that you are hungry, too)
paps

Postby paps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:29 am

Wheaties™ and banannas on milk.
Thanks, eh.
paps

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:29 am

And as the west, northwest sky gives way from pitch black to dark blue...
Sensei

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:33 am

Before rest I will light three for you..
Sensei

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:34 am

3,,, 2,,, 1,,,
Sensei

Postby nipples » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:34 am

one for it
two for us
three for all!
nipples

Postby TheJudge » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:35 am

Sensei wrote:I feel it's important not to overlook basic survival skills. After much diligent practice, I can now roll a fatty - in less than 1 minute - that looks like it was made by a friggin' machine. Thank you.

Thats a very important skill. Especially since the local law considers every item used in the consumption as a seperate fine. Less is more.

Never learned how to roll correctly. Sadly, I am fatty deficient.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu
TheJudge

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:24 pm

I haven't had anything to drink for the past thirty-some-odd days except water. I have had milk in my cereal, but I've only had cereal about 8 or nine times. I figure that should help get me ready, no?

It hasn't been easy, either, people. I really miss coffee. I'm happy to say, though, that soda sounds like it would be pretty crappy, which is good, I guess, because soda's supposed to be pretty bad for you, right?

Can't wait for that hot nasty cup of coffee, though. mmmmmmm.......
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby SilkenTofu » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:35 pm

I'm happy to say, though, that soda sounds like it would be pretty crappy, which is good, I guess, because soda's supposed to be pretty bad for you, right?

I used to work for a fast food restaurant for just under 9 years, I was drinking close to 100oz. of Mountain Dew(TM) every day I worked. On my days off I used to get the worst headaches....needless to say I was a junkie. I am better now but it is still hard for me whenever I see a commercial for the stuff I fall to the floor and go into convulsions.

BTW my partner and I just spent $104.00 at the local 99 cent store for supplies, who says you have to spend a lot on food for Burningman...chili mac and canned tamales anyone?
I am a bit tied up at the moment...but if you leave your name and number.....
SilkenTofu

Location: in a cold case in the healthfood eisle at your local grocery store

RUNNING

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:42 pm

I'm running 5 miles a day. Losing 3 pounds a week.
No alcohol for the last 3 weeks. Tons of water.
I eat only fruit, vegitables, & meat.
So hateful - but . . .

I HATE biking & dancing out at BRC with extra pounds - and I think the above proves it.

I may not be panther-like by camp time - but I'll be 12 pounds lighter.
PetsUntilEaten

Postby Tancorix » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:39 pm

6 months ago I was averaging a minimum of a 6 pack of Coke per day, or Mountain Dew Code Red. I'm 2 weeks shy of 6 months now of NO COKE, and I'm making sure I piss clear all the time now. I've cut back on my candy bars and made other changes too.

But 6 months of no Coke is still a shock even for me. The first week was hell for all, then there was 2 months of strong cravings. Then it was the willpower test when you go out to eat and everyone else has a Coke. You can smell the stuff. Then it finally lets go and you're free!

Not being wired on caffeine should help me enjoy the event more and makes staying hydrated easier. And the inspiration for this was a certain eplayan who quit smoking...if she could do that even for a little bit, I could do this. And so I did.
Tancorix

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:27 pm

All right, one little itty bitty thread drift -

Tancorix, since you quit caffeine, is your spit very, very watery all the time? That's one thing I've noticed. I make a lot of saliva and it's really nice and thin - it's just like water...
Fat SAM

Postby Tancorix » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:53 pm

Yeah it is thinner.
Another interesting thing is I have more energy and stamina than I ever had on the caffeine. And on road trips I can stay awake longer and am more focused. Plus the money I was spending on all those 6 packs of bottles helped pay for my ticket this year. It's been a very positive change
Tancorix

Postby Sensei » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:27 am

Tancorix wrote:... And the inspiration for this was a certain eplayan who quit smoking...if she could do that even for a little bit, I could do this. And so I did.

OK, Tanc, spill. I want to know who just quit smoking...
Sensei

~

Postby sparkletarte » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:25 am

It's cool to see that BM inspires not just creativity, but a healthy change in diet and lifestyle as well! I already eat well (mostly), drink tons of water, blah, blah, blah, so I feel okay about that.

I dont know why but every time I scan passed the name of this thread I keep seeing Booty. I know it's spelled diffrently but........[/url]

haha, that's what I see too! I'm prepping by going to a 3 day dj party. Not only will this get my booty ready (and how), it will also get me into the 'up all night, sleep in the day/evening routine', and help with some sensory overload.
sparkletarte

Postby Rian Jackson » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:07 am

Fat SAM wrote:All right, one little itty bitty thread drift -

Tancorix, since you quit caffeine, is your spit very, very watery all the time? That's one thing I've noticed. I make a lot of saliva and it's really nice and thin - it's just like water...

Jesus. I thought this said 'your SPIRIT is very watered down.'

What a morning.
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:48 am

No. My spirit feels like it's chock full of methamphetamines. It has the mad gitters from outer space. I'm so amped trying to wait out the next three weeks, I can barely work or sleep. My wife says that it's good because we still have things that need doing, but dude...I'm freaking out.

It's funny how the context of the sentence changes with "spirit" instead of "spit" but the sentence still makes pretty good sense....

And Spakletarte, it had occurred (two c's?) to me, also, that Burning Man has created a change in my life already in that I'm eating healthier, exercising more, and living healthier in general. I wasn't sure it would be a "life changing" event, but it already has been and it hasn't even happened yet. Amazing!
Fat SAM

Spit

Postby Stormy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:56 pm

I switched to a mostly raw diet this summer. I have been reading an online community for raw food diets. Many people have noticed that once they detox, they produce more spit. Sounds like dehydration shouldn't be a problem for you guys.
Be the change you seek in the world.
Stormy

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:57 pm

Hopefully, it won't be. I do have rather a large stash of caffeinated teas, coffee, and a very impressive supply of soymilk white russian fixins - as well as the makins for a number of other hydro-sapping beverages.

Got plenty of water for the stay, though. Ran in sandals in the hills with the dog this morning. I should be a happy, healthy camper.
Fat SAM

Postby midgetsonparade » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:13 am

Sensei wrote:I feel it's important not to overlook basic survival skills. After much diligent practice, I can now roll a fatty - in less than 1 minute - that looks like it was made by a friggin' machine. Thank you.

I would like to give you props for this feat. I myself still have to use a dollar for a perfect one. If not it looks pregnant.
midgetsonparade

spoiled girl

Postby honeyfire » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:37 pm

Whereas i gotta props you both, i still can't roll for shit. Hearkens back to my teenage years, when my brother could whip 'em out quick and easy, so i'd just get him to do it. Helped make up for all the unearned bruises he gave me..

I've been thinking that, with my delicate lungs, sucking up a few gazillion cups of breathe easy tea in the weeks leading up to the playa would prob be a good idea...
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!
honeyfire

Postby AntiM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:06 pm

I don't smoke, but for some odd reason long ago and far away, I could roll perfectly. My brother could roll perfectly, one handed in the dark while driving. I'm not kidding. Maybe it was genetic. What a waste of innate talent, heh?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy