Survey about Religion and Spirituality at BMan

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:58 am

Hey,
_tears_ took it and nobody said anything about it.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sensei » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:05 am

Sensei wrote:Thank you _tears_. Now go practice setting that tent up.

And check those last two lists. Like I'm gonna forget our _tears_. Please.
Sensei

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:20 am

OOPS. :oops:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby The Fooley » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:39 am

you all did well.. the test being a test alright, a test of your commitment to your fello Burners and your willingness to participate and feature in what is to be the most interesting dissertation to spring from Berkley in decades.... buyaka!! honored to have become a statistic again, been a while...

last survey i did questioned my bareback philosophies.... i was one of the 50 odd % that endulged... careless yes!! have i learned, i have!

I took it to...

newbies don't count or do they???? is it the loud conscience that had you guys take the test or was it pure curiousity... (back to the karma effort)

Slain go phoils....

check out the www.burntheirishbar.com ... this years theme is a structure the preceeds the pyramids and has root in the oldest of celtic folklore... paganism is back, up the vagina (up meaning, fare play where i come from), the chalice of life.
FCEK, The Irish Connection
The Fooley

Postby Tancorix » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:48 am

is it the loud conscience that had you guys take the test or was it pure curiousity

It was neither...just a desire to help someone with a project who needed help and basic info that could be freely given.
Tancorix

Postby The Fooley » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:11 am

It was neither...just a desire to help someone with a project who needed help and basic info that could be freely given

i know i know i know...... did the same myself, survey of shit you don't even want to know about....

i to share your inearth desire to help.

c ya
The Fooley

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:28 pm

The Fooley wrote:
newbies don't count or do they???? is it the loud conscience that had you guys take the test or was it pure curiousity... (back to the karma effort)

paganism is back, up the vagina (up meaning, fare play where i come from), the chalice of life.

I only took the test to part of group. As you can tell, I always follow the majority!

As far as whether or not paganism has returned, my poll on the Gods thread show very cleary that BM believes in Diversity and especially, Religous Diversity.

But I will go out a limb, and predict that Most Burners want the event itself to be a non-religous event at least one that doesn't sanctifies any one perticular religion.

Am I Right?

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby JezebelinHell » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:18 am

I've always dreamed of getting a Jack Chick tract whilst out on the playa.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby The Fooley » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:41 am

As far as whether or not paganism has returned, my poll on the Gods thread show very cleary that BM believes in Diversity and especially, Religous Diversity.

But I will go out a limb, and predict that Most Burners want the event itself to be a non-religous event at least one that doesn't sanctifies any one perticular religion.

Am I Right?

Yes i imagine you are right.... not having experienced the BM as yet i can only speculate.....

the trouble be it a small one with threads in general, and i hope we agree.. is that its hard to distinguish between whats literal and metophoric... (my spellings not the best, but does'nt bother me either way)... i consider myself a paganolic... why? because i to worship the sun or love it should i say, and i drink on sundays, wine of course in the honor of his holy self JC....

im not religious at all ... spiritual yes! aware yes! enlightened no! thats why im going to the BM... to experience how to live beyond the pale, i've lost touch with a part of myself i used to love and I's gonna remember myself out in the desert. i expect to meet people who shall open my eyes that bit wider, get an education in life, love and expression..

am i right??
The Fooley

Postby The Fooley » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:45 am

Am I Right?

Yes i imagine you are right.... not having experienced the BM as yet i can only speculate.....

the trouble be it a small one with threads in general, and i hope we agree.. is that its hard to distinguish between whats literal and metophoric... (my spellings not the best, but does'nt bother me either way)... i consider myself a paganolic... why? because i to worship the sun or love it should i say, and i drink on sundays, wine of course in the honor of his holy self JC....

im not religious at all ... spiritual yes! aware yes! enlightened no! thats why im going to the BM... to experience how to live beyond the pale, i've lost touch with a part of myself i used to love and I's gonna remember myself out in the desert. i expect to meet people who shall open my eyes that bit wider, get an education in life, love and expression..

am i right??
The Fooley

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:43 pm

The Fooley wrote:the trouble be it a small one with threads in general, and i hope we agree.. is that its hard to distinguish between whats literal and metophoric...
... i consider myself a paganolic... why? because i to worship the sun or love it should i say, and i drink on sundays, wine of course in the honor of his holy self JC....

im not religious at all ... spiritual yes! aware yes!e nlightened no! thats why im going to the BM... to experience how to live beyond the pale, i've lost touch with a part of myself i used to love and I's gonna remember myself out in the desert. i expect to meet people who shall open my eyes that bit wider, get an education in life, love and expression..

am i right??

You are right!

Its the Metaphorical that confuses many people who demand that every verse of all things written be literal- they may make great generals and politicians, but are lousy at all things art and expressive.

You have kept, of what you could, your relations with your ancient Gods, Grannos, Maponos, Dumias and others along with christianity all though with those that have kept the flame going since St Patricks time even if they had to go underground much like us Hellenics have had too.

As far as the BM experience will do for you, I don't think that it will be a religous enlightenment as much as it will enlighten you to the that wonderful being within each and everyone of us that makes us all Klan.

May we meet and toast to Jesus the God of Man and Baccus the God of wine.

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby The Fooley » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:28 am

Clann as we spell it! CCC.... Celtic Clever Clann...

funny.. haha.

Apollo i raise my glass to you and toast your health, wealth and wisdom..

respect brother.

what camp you at??? i'll be doing my rounds, will be knocking in to those heads i've met here... whatever you think.

slain go phoil... (farewell my friend) gaelic!!
The Fooley

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy