Ticket prices

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Re: Ticket prices

Postby gyre » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 am

dadara wrote:In 2002 I built the Fools Ark, which cost me a lot of money, blood, sweat, tears, paint and wood, then I shipped it to the States, which was costing an extra few grand and then I burnt it. Art=Potential Money, Money=Potential Food . Did I burn food? Lots of people declared me crazy. One of them being my accountant.......

I think it's their job to say that.

I've observed that some of the craziest motherfuckers I've known have been accountants.

There is some kind of pattern there.
gyre

Postby dadara » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:54 am

gyre wrote:
dadara wrote:In 2002 I built the Fools Ark, which cost me a lot of money, blood, sweat, tears, paint and wood, then I shipped it to the States, which was costing an extra few grand and then I burnt it. Art=Potential Money, Money=Potential Food . Did I burn food? Lots of people declared me crazy. One of them being my accountant.......

I think it's their job to say that.

I've observed that some of the craziest motherfuckers I've known have been accountants.

There is some kind of pattern there.

Well. I listened to him. And became a bankdirector ......... http://www.artasmoney.com
CEO and Founder
Exchanghibition Bank
The Art of Turning Art into Money
[url]http://www.artasmoney.com[/url]
dadara

Postby marck » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm

dadara wrote:
capjbadger wrote:Food = potential money. Money = potential food. Burning money = Burning food.

In 2002 I built the Fools Ark, which cost me a lot of money, blood, sweat, tears, paint and wood, then I shipped it to the States, which was costing an extra few grand and then I burnt it. Art=Potential Money, Money=Potential Food . Did I burn food?

From one perspective, yes, instead of using those resources for something else, you used them to create an object which you then destroyed.

I'm not saying that what you did was either wrong or right, that is not my intent nor my place.

In my attempt to view Burning Man from the perspective of someone living in poverty or without the amenities I have in this country, I might view the entire event as wasteful, excessive and unnecessary.

I do not attend to make the world a better place, I attend because I enjoy it. If I wanted to fix the world, I would have to sacrifice the life I currently enjoy. I prefer to effect change through a different means and hope it might someday make a difference. If I can't accept the actions of other people I will simple not associate with them socially or financially.
May Shai-Hulud clear the path for you.

Kомиссáр Logan
Over here sand blows; over there sand blows.
Over there a rich man waits; over here I wait.
Secrets give birth to more secrets
marck

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Playawaste Raiders

Postby Cheyenne » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Bleacher seats at a baseball game now seem to go for $40 (it's the same damned bleacher that was in the $20-$25 range 5 years ago).

We just shelled out $65 each to see a fridyay night Dodgers game before picking up our RV on the saturday we drive to Reno...

And we aren't even in particularly good seats... outfield side of 1st base

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy