How hard do you party?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Party hardy?

Always.
66%
I'm too old and snarky for "partying".
34%

Total votes : 59

Re: How hard do you party?

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 am

A big key for me is to map out my daily/nightly intoxication cocktail roadmap ahead of time so that I don't get too caught up in just eating/drinking whatever is in front of me. I usually go Monday.. "up" all night.. Tuesday/Wednesday drink all night in moderation with a decent little sleep to party during the day too.. then Thur/Fri/Sat a solid "up" all night, doubling up each night and building into a crescendo of complete and total out of body experience. Sunday recharge and drink for the temple burn and final thoughts.. Monday help tear down camp and do NOTHING that night except maybe an Advil PM to knock myself out around 8-9pm.. get up early Tue and be out of camp by 6:30am.

Loves it! lol
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby illy dilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I go for a similar but different Off-on-off-on routine. Part of that being that I work Ice early in the day every other day.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Life is too fraqing short not to live every day to its fullest.

When you sleep the loooooong sleep, will you have enough memories stored to get through the rough times breathing dirt rather than dust?

Then again... what I call partying and what you do may well be 2 different things. Never to mind... if you're living life to the fullest, you win.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby atomosk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I would like to point out that sobering up before you sleep is much better. The sun will wake you up very early, but the more alchohol in your system the less restful your sleep will be. If you sleep at midnight, but you're still drunk until 5, it's more like getting a good 3 hours of sleep than 8. Not a good idea to drink so you can sleep at burning man.
atomosk

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Who said anything about drinking? :lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby RedHeaven » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 pm

I have a fairly moderate list of things I like and I do little bits of em all thruout the week. Never alcohol in the daytime. Never drink to get wasted. More whippets, less weed. Hahaha. This year I did my partying the beginning of the week. by the weekend I met an older man I wanted to hang out with and he was fairly sober so I wanted to be on his level so I had a sober Man burn and Temple Burn. It was perfect!!! I like a little bit of clarity and a little bit of swirly.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy