This is why I hate religion.

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

ygmir wrote:
TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:
TomServo wrote:So, should we kill all muslims, to protect free speech and prevent further deaths?

No we shouldn't kill them, but those that react by violence and killing should be brought to justice, and the whole group of Muslims need to be brought into the twenty first century. what ever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but burning the Koran cam never hurt me?"

There is something really psychologically wrong with anyone that would kill over someone else burning a stupid book.

try telling them that! they are not the USA

so we should censor ourselves, as to not offend them, even though they are not the USA?

no...we should be careful what we say when we have OUR people in insane regions. I'm already pissed at Rev. Phelps, demonstrating hateful, vile shit at soldiers funerals. This asshole got people killed by his "freedom of expression"! We aren't an anarchist society just yet

are other peoples lives worth your freedom of speech?

I gotta disagree Tom.
we should, in no way, allow their actions, to dictate our behavior.

*redacted for getting to political*

even if it means people will die? and we know it?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 pm

i'D GLADLY FORSAKE MY FREEDOMS IF IT SAVED A HUMAN LIFE. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
TomServo

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

TomServo wrote:i'D GLADLY FORSAKE MY FREEDOMS IF IT SAVED A HUMAN LIFE. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Absolutely not! We fought and paid too dearly for those freedoms to allow fear to take them away. I'd fight to defend those that were killed from the deranged people that killed them.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

So we all should die...I see.
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm

on a personal, individual level I, like you Tom, would not say something that would cause harm to come to another.

But.

I defend, and believe it the right of the individual, to make that choice, for themselves.

if the preacher wants to burn a book, I'll defend his right.
As a free society, this must be sacrosanct. (we can argue how free out society is in another arena).
And, we must not allow, the actions of some wacks in the desert, to change our ways. It's a slippery slope, giving in to those things.

I note the scene in Blazing Saddles, when, the sheriff takes himself hostage...............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:41 pm

jkisha wrote:
TomServo wrote:i'D GLADLY FORSAKE MY FREEDOMS IF IT SAVED A HUMAN LIFE. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Absolutely not! We fought and paid too dearly for those freedoms to allow fear to take them away. I'd fight to defend those that were killed from the deranged people that killed them.

why don't we nuke the coutries that dont have free speech...or are muslim?
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

jkisha wrote:

well said.

Code: Select all
[quote]So we all should die...I see.[/quote]

perhaps, Tom.

and no, don't nuke the whole country, the whole contry, is (are?) not the perpetrators.

if the wack jobs, thought, they'd get their heads cut off for some of these things, I'd bet, it would happen less.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

ygmir wrote:on a personal, individual level I, like you Tom, would not say something that would cause harm to come to another.

But.

I defend, and believe it the right of the individual, to make that choice, for themselves.

As a free society, this must be sacrosanct. (we can argue how free out society is in another arena).
And, we must not allow, the actions of some wacks in the desert, to change our ways. It's a slippery slope, giving in to those things.

I note the scene in Blazing Saddles, when, the sheriff takes himself hostage...............

If we got in a fight at a grocery store, and an armed man came in wanting to kill someone, I'd forget my free speech about our argument, just to save you.
TomServo

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 pm

ygmir wrote:
jkisha wrote:

well said.

Code: Select all
[quote]So we all should die...I see.[/quote]

perhaps, Tom.

and no, don't nuke the whole country, the whole contry, is (are?) not the perpetrators.

if the wack jobs, thought, they'd get their heads cut off for some of these things, I'd bet, it would happen less.

we nuke the countries or start bombing the shit out of them, we just made more enemies.
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:47 pm

TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:on a personal, individual level I, like you Tom, would not say something that would cause harm to come to another.

But.

If we got in a fight at a grocery store, and an armed man came in wanting to kill someone, I'd forget my free speech about our argument, just to save you.

and ,I, you Tom........but, I think your analogy here is flawed........

perhaps:
If you said something, that pissed me off, and, a member of the studio audience rushed from behind curtain number 1, wanting to kill you for what you just said (did), I'd forget the argument and how pissed I am, to defend you.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Its not flawed logic! If your son were fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq or whever, would you do something soo stupid to put his life in danger? If you want THEM to change, you don't do it by pissing them off! I learned this as an anarchist.
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 pm

TomServo wrote:Its not flawed logic! If your son were fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq or whever, would you do something soo stupid to put his life in danger? If you want THEM to change, you don't do it by pissing them off! I learned this as an anarchist.

tell it to the media, they are the ones who covered the story.
but then again when have they ever giving a fuck about our people fighting.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:Its not flawed logic! If your son were fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq or whever, would you do something soo stupid to put his life in danger? If you want THEM to change, you don't do it by pissing them off! I learned this as an anarchist.

sure, blame the media...but, they didn't burn that stupid book. Like I said, abolish all media except the Onion!
TomServo

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 pm

fucking double posts
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:16 pm

TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:

sure, blame the media...but, they didn't burn that stupid book. Like I said, abolish all media except the Onion!

why not blame the ones who are committing these acts?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:

why not blame the ones who are committing these acts?

I do! both the muslim nut jobs and the christian nutjob
TomServo

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

TomServo wrote:we nuke the countries or start bombing the shit out of them, we just made more enemies.

Oh my, no. That's much too radical. We simply tell them that their behavior is totally unacceptable and ask them to please stop. Then, if they decide not to stop, we simply drop one small nuclear device on the city that the violent acts were continued.

We then appologise and let them know we are sorry, but we will not tolerate that kind of behavior. As long as you behave in a civilized manner, you have nothing further to worry about.

I doubt we'd need to drop another bomb on them. Well maybe one more if there were some slow learners.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm

goathead wrote:

How does that news slogan go? "if it bleeds, it leads."
JK
Elderberry

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

jkisha wrote:
TomServo wrote:we nuke the countries or start bombing the shit out of them, we just made more enemies.

Oh my, no. That's much too radical. We simply tell them that their behavior is totally unacceptable and ask them to please stop. Then, if they decide not to stop, we simply drop one small nuclear device on the city that the violent acts were continued.

We then appologise and let them know we are sorry, but we will not tolerate that kind of behavior. As long as you behave in a civilized manner, you have nothing further to worry about.

I doubt we'd need to drop another bomb on them. Well maybe one more if there were some slow learners.

Ok jkisha lets just nuke em! we have glass drilling technology.
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

one might assume, if my son were fighting somewhere, his life is already in danger.

I understand what you're saying, but, I said your analogy was flawed, not your logic.

Barney Fife wrote:and ,I, you Tom........but, I think your analogy here is flawed........

perhaps:
If you said something, that pissed me off, and, a member of the studio audience rushed from behind curtain number 1, wanting to kill you for what you just said (did), I'd forget the argument and how pissed I am, to defend you.

and, yes, my point back there, was not to condemn an entire nation (unless they were ALL in on it), but, exact a toll on the perpetrators.

Fife offers and wrote:and no, don't nuke the whole country, the whole country, is (are?) not the perpetrators.

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 pm

wondering, if it's not ok to offend islam, why is it ok to offend christians?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 pm

This thread is giving me a headache... bombing has only caused us trouble!

THOSE WHO DO NOT REMEMBER THE PAST, ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT!

wake the fuck up people!
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

goathead wrote:wondering, if it's not ok to offend islam, why is it ok to offend christians?

Prolly, cause most of the time, the christians don't hurt you.

Edit to change "do" to "don't" typo
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

goathead wrote:wondering, if it's not ok to offend islam, why is it ok to offend christians?

Silly question, because Islam is the only true religion, of course. :D :shock:
JK
Elderberry

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

jkisha wrote:

Silly question, because Islam is the only true religion, of course? :D

you rascal............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

ygmir wrote:

Prolly, cause most of the time, the christians do hurt you.

no...for the most part, christians are pussies..and you get to see them everyday.
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

jkisha wrote:

Silly question, because Islam is the only true religion, of course. :D :shock:

you don't mind if i bow and submit after you do.

LMAO

would die in good company anyway.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Prolly, cause most of the time, the christians [s]do[/s]don't hurt you.

no...for the most part, christians are pussies..and you get to see them everyday.

dang typo on my part
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm

TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:

so I have to ask tom, why provoke them? just because they are easy targets and don't fight back?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 pm

goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:

so I have to ask tom, why provoke them? just because they are easy targets and don't fight back?

Because it's fun, I know how to change a tail light and I'd beat their ass if they wanted to get physical.

but, they generally don't kill me for speaking out. They just endanger other American lives in the middle east....some of them
TomServo

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy