This is why I hate religion.

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 pm

jkisha wrote:I love Lewis Black.

And GoatHead, notice there are NOT any Muslim "toys" on that site.

there use to be, years ago....

:twisted:

wonder why they don't have them now?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:36 pm

And another thing, how can anyone even try to defend religion when this is its ultimate consequence? There is no god and the sooner people can get this through their thick skulls the sooner the world will move toward rational thinking and maybe we can finally all be at peace. Well, except for the oil thing.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm

goathead wrote:

Might it be that they have gotten death threats? :shock:
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:42 pm

jkisha wrote:
goathead wrote:

Might it be that they have gotten death threats? :shock:

Dildo's ain't worth dying for?

:shock:
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby Mojojita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 pm

goathead wrote:
Wonder if Mary, Mother of Jesus was a MILF?

People who kill over cartoons should be made fun of.

I think probably yes to both. But I don't think I will fuck off just yet. I just have a low tolerance for nut jobs who intentionally put OTHER people at risk. The Koran burning douchebag was not attempting performance art.
Mojojita

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Mojojita wrote:
goathead wrote:

I think probably yes to both. But I don't think I will fuck off just yet. I just have a low tolerance for nut jobs who intentionally put OTHER people at risk. the Koran burning douchebag was not attempting performance art.

what about the cartoonists?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:55 pm

goathead wrote:
Mojojita wrote:
goathead wrote:

I think probably yes to both. But I don't think I will fuck off just yet. I just have a low tolerance for nut jobs who intentionally put OTHER people at risk. the Koran burning douchebag was not attempting performance art.

Take your pick: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... f87d4138e7
JK
Elderberry

Postby Mojojita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm

goathead wrote:
Mojojita wrote:
goathead wrote:

It is a hard issue that begs the question of where the lines are between art, free speech, political satire, and rabid bible-thumping religionmongers. Most of the others have endangered themselves much more than Terry Jones. He knew, after protracted discussions occurring over many months, what the backlash would be and that he would not be the likely target of that backlash.

He certainly has the right in this country to act as he did - just as I have the right to believe he is a murdering asshat.
Mojojita

Postby Mojojita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:08 pm

However, I really likes me some Goathead and JK - so I'm going to go fuck off now as directed. See ya later boys!
Mojojita

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Mojojita wrote:
goathead wrote:
Mojojita wrote:
goathead wrote:

It is a hard issue that begs the question of where the lines are between art, free speech, political satire, and rabid bible-thumping religionmongers. Most of the others have endangered themselves much more than Terry Jones. He knew, after protracted discussions occurring over many months, what the backlash would be and that he would not be the likely target of that backlash.

He certainly has the right in this country to act as he did - just as I have the right to believe he is a murdering asshat.

So any one who provokes Islamic idiots is a murdering asshat?

Sorry sounds like your picking and choosing your murdering asshats here.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby Mojojita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes, I am picking and choosing. In particular, I am picking the ones who cause harm to others just to promote their religion.

Ok back to fucking off.......
Mojojita

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:15 pm

So, should we kill all muslims, to protect free speech and prevent further deaths? Shooting one of the Westboro congregation members is simply freedom of expression? Free speech draws the line when it gets people killed...and asshole Terry Jones was warned in advance...I dont care how fucking insane the muslims have become!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Mojojita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:36 pm

I agree....that old biblical "eye for an eye" stuff is used as a sad justification for horrible, unconscionable, acts.
Mojojita

Postby graidawg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

At what point does a person cease to be responsible?

If you are told if you do that someone will die as a result of your actions?

or is it the news reporters who trasmit the infomation so the maniacs a world away can see it happen?

is it the knowledge for the fanatics that if you burnt a bible nothing would happen?

is it the secular world blaming it on religion without offering something to replace it?

like i say where does responsibility stop are you responsible for not stopping the burning in the first place? its been planned for a while.

if you want to pin blame be sure it ends up in the right place
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:40 pm

graidawg wrote:is it the secular world blaming it on religion without offering something to replace it?

at least Burning Man is non denominational...and I'm proud, that yes! we have provided an option!
TomServo

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 pm

I say we build a Thunderdome in every country! Ill donate half my pay to that cause.
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Mojojita wrote:Yes, I am picking and choosing. In particular, I am picking the ones who cause harm to others just to promote their religion.

fucking off is fun
:lol:

it is an interesting discussion though.

so where do we draw the lines, who are the bigots?

don't have much use for the guy down in Florida

but then think of the work "Piss Christ" "Dung Madonna"

weren't their works meant to inflame?

so tom should we censor ourselves so we allah forbid we offend someone?

wikileak publishes secrets that inflame, could get people killed, yet many support them.

yet a 2 bit preacher burn a quran and the world goes nuts.

still think it is a good thing to insult those who would kill over a cartoon.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

TomServo wrote:So, should we kill all muslims, to protect free speech and prevent further deaths?

No we shouldn't kill them, but those that react by violence and killing should be brought to justice, and the whole group of Muslims need to be brought into the twenty first century. what ever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but burning the Koran cam never hurt me?"

There is something really psychologically wrong with anyone that would kill over someone else burning a stupid book.
JK
Elderberry

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:58 pm

goathead wrote:
Mojojita wrote:Yes, I am picking and choosing. In particular, I am picking the ones who cause harm to others just to promote their religion.

fucking off is fun
:lol:

it is an interesting discussion though.

so where do we draw the lines, who are the bigots?

don't have much use for the guy down in Florida

but then think of the work "Piss Christ" "Dung Madonna"

weren't their works meant to inflame?

so tom should we censor ourselves so we allah forbid we offend someone?

wikileak publishes secrets that inflame, could get people killed, yet many support them.

yet a 2 bit preacher burn a quran and the world goes nuts.

still think it is a good thing to insult those who would kill over a cartoon.

I say offend as many as people as possible! Just know when to be quiet....we are dealing with some real gems in the middle east, and as long as our people are over, trying to help..THEM.. we need to be cautious. thats all
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 pm

jkisha wrote:
TomServo wrote:So, should we kill all muslims, to protect free speech and prevent further deaths?

No we shouldn't kill them, but those that react by violence and killing should be brought to justice, and the whole group of Muslims need to be brought into the twenty first century. what ever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but burning the Koran cam never hurt me?"

There is something really psychologically wrong with anyone that would kill over someone else burning a stupid book.

:D
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 pm

jkisha wrote:

try telling them that! they are not the USA
TomServo

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Not all people have the ability to say "fuck it! I don't care"..the Romans were almost their...
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm

TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

so we should censor ourselves, as to not offend them, even though they are not the USA?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 pm

goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

so we should censor ourselves, as to not offend them, even though they are not the USA?

no...we should be careful what we say when we have OUR people in insane regions. I'm already pissed at Rev. Phelps, demonstrating hateful, vile shit at soldiers funerals. This asshole got people killed by his "freedom of expression"! We aren't an anarchist society just yet

are other peoples lives worth your freedom of speech?
TomServo

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm

TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

no...we should be careful what we say when we have OUR people in insane regions. I'm already pissed at Rev. Phelps, demonstrating hateful, vile shit at soldiers funerals. This asshole got people killed by his "freedom of expression"! We aren't an anarchist society just yet

some might say yes, how many news articles have lead to riot in the middle east? publishing pics, different stories KNOWING dam well what would happen. isn't the press just as guilty as the dickhead in florida?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby Elderberry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm

TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

You know, they might be. They might be the impetus to see the futility of our boys fighting over there and get them the hell out already. Those people are only proving that they are barbaric savages, not worth our blood and treasure. That certainly is no way for them to show how much our sacrifice has been worth to them. Time to pack up and go home. Let them go on living in the dark ages.
JK
Elderberry

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Well, I hate book burners.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby goathead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

why, just another form of protest.
burn the flag, burn the books, burn the man.

we can all find something to be offended by
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

some might say yes, how many news articles have lead to riot in the middle east? publishing pics, different stories KNOWING dam well what would happen. isn't the press just as guilty as the dickhead in florida?

perhaps they are, but our "rights' don't excuse the endangering of other civilians...Especially in the Middle East! They are nuts! Ive already said that! You don't win the hearts and minds of crazy people by letting other crazy people entice them. And fuck our freedoms! several people are dead because of said freedoms! Freedom is great if your not an idiot!
TomServo

Postby ygmir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 pm

TomServo wrote:
goathead wrote:
TomServo wrote:
jkisha wrote:

I gotta disagree Tom.
we should, in no way, allow their actions, to dictate our behavior.

*redacted for getting to political*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy