gross ebay post

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Better yet, come back to the table after you are more experienced and educated burner and maybe then you will understand why everyone thinks you and your idea suck.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Postby falk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:28 pm

jkisha wrote:I don't see anything wrong with it. It's certainly not the first time this has been done. In fact, the big yurt camp did something similar just last year and all the participants had a great time.


Lots of camps have tiered membership dues, where the more you pay, the less work you have to do. Pay enough, and it's like checking into a hotel.

In '08, the village behind us apparently set up a literal hotel out of stacked shipping containers. For like $1000 for the week, you had a room, three meals a day, and didn't have to do any work.

It's tacky, but it doesn't hurt the rest of us, and it would be impossible to formulate let alone enforce a rule against it, so I figure it's best to let it go.
User avatar
falk
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:15 am
Location: Silicon Valley

Postby Clar-i-ty » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

I think the real concern is that the rest of us feel subservient to this new class of Burners by creating something that they come to enjoy but that they themselves don't genuinely contribute to.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
User avatar
Clar-i-ty
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Sometimes Here, Sometimes There
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Re: burningman

Postby AntiM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

sacramentogames wrote:I have had a wonderful conversation with a fellow Burner who has been since 2000. He came up with a suggestion that I like very much. When I do my proposals I figure X many dollars for profit in the work I do and I also figure a percentage for unforeseen costs. I am thinking that all that is left from unforeseen costs should go to a fund to provide for future theme camps.

Any thoughts?


Theme camps or art projects. There are always good art projects who do not get funded, and great camps which can use a little umph. The 2011 forums are crawling with likely candidates.

Ask each client to bring a small art piece, painting, poem, photo, piece of jewelry, whatever. Bring it to my art project and leave it to be adopted by another burner at random. If they see any art they would like to make a part of their family, they fill out a little card, and take the art home. Fun, easy, and a step toward deeper participation.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17585
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby sacramentogames » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Better yet, come back to the table after you are more experienced and educated burner and maybe then you will understand why everyone thinks you and your idea suck.


I get what you are trying to say, however why am I getting calls from Veteran Burners who have for many years did everything themselves. They are having me put together packages for them to show up to a camp that is preset and they want me to remove all trash. I am merely providing a service.

I get your frustration and I would like to make this as proactive as I possibly can. Since I am not going to just go away, lets find a way I can do this in a positive manor. I am giving you all an opportunity to express yourselves and I am making changes to my Ebay ad accordingly.
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Better yet, come back to the table after you are more experienced and educated burner and maybe then you will understand why everyone thinks you and your idea suck.


I don't think it's such a bad idea..Let everyone enjoy BM. But this guy is pissing into the wind.. He don't know how the use a computer.. Don't appear to know much about BM..Has waffled on almost every statement..

He is offering prime camp location???

One MV for one day

Been to BM..Did not know moop..

Claims he bought tickets ar top ??320??

Lets call it a TROLL and call it a day..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby Clar-i-ty » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Troll in the Dungeon! Burn Him!

Oh wait, thats witches...Burn Him Anyway!!!!!
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
User avatar
Clar-i-ty
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Sometimes Here, Sometimes There
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby sacramentogames » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

unjonharley wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:Better yet, come back to the table after you are more experienced and educated burner and maybe then you will understand why everyone thinks you and your idea suck.


I don't think it's such a bad idea..Let everyone enjoy BM. But this guy is pissing into the wind.. He don't know how the use a computer.. Don't appear to know much about BM..Has waffled on almost every statement..

He is offering prime camp location???

One MV for one day

Been to BM..Did not know moop..

Claims he bought tickets ar top ??320??

Lets call it a TROLL and call it a day..


I am not waffling on statements. I have been very upfront about everything.

As for the term MOOP, you are right and I am wrong. I didn't remember the term. I stood corrected and took my beating, so lets move on.

As for the tickets, I will be happy to show that I paid $320. Have someone you know from sac meet me and I will gladly show them. I have nothing to hide.

As for camp location, I am not after any prime location. I have been to several BM a couple years and I will not take the best away of anything. I proved that by buying the most expensive tickets.

As for pissing in the wind, it sure seems that way. Why isn't there this much controversy over the companies already doing this? I think because they choose not to listen to you voice your concerns.

Well.....I am not going to throw in the towel and quit what I do. Feel free to voice your opinion and I will listen and make changes for the better of Burningman.
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Kevin; I'm one of the people who doesn't really have a problem with what you're doing (see my posts at the beginning of this thread)

Eric wrote:Personally, I wouldn't do the event this way; but if it gets some rich people out of their bubble and seeing something as different & inspiring as Burning Man I don't have a problem with it.


I'm currently unemployed & would like to make you an offer- I'm available for hire on a contract basis to work with you to build your kits explaining the event to your guests, and to work with you some on-playa with your guests as a "concierge" on their first day.

I've got some ideas how to do this so people from the community benefit, and, while it won't remove the heat from people who are just opposed to the idea from the get-go, it will let your guests fit in better with the Event.

You can PM me using the button below, we can talk.

There will probably be some whining from people on the board about this, but, you know what- it's going to happen whether we like it or not. Shouldn't we make it work well instead of just screaming "no"?

edit: weird formatting
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8259
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby knowmad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

sacramentogames wrote:
Isotopia wrote:
It would not be fair for me to come in and swoop up on all the tickets at the lower level.


Considering the potential profit you stand to make from this abomination it certainly wouldn't be fair.

Of course, I fully expect to read the requisite reply that the profit motive is not the driving reason behind your entrepreneurial parasitism. Rather, I suspect we'll be on the receiving end of some smarmy, feel-good justification of how you feel a compelling need - a drive - to introduce others to the wondrous nature of Burningman.

To which I'll skip ahead and ask would you feel so motivated if someone challenged you to make a percentage of your spots available for individuals in economic dire straits. Would you make them free or at a radically reduced price? You know, something like the event does or municipalities demand of individuals (or corporations) who stand to profit tremendously off of the work of others.

Because that's what you're doing. In spite of whatever obvious (or ulterior) motives you have for doing this the bottom line is that you are making a profit off the work of hundreds - thousands of other who give of themselves freely.

You are parasitic to the event.

Your idea is anathema to the event and contributes absolutely fucking NOTHING to it save for some artificially manufactured pretentious, semblance of creativity and spontaneous generosity from the comfort of a catered RV. Do you charge extra for wiping the asses of your customers?

What you propose is to vicariously suck off the energy and creativity of others under the pretense of 'providing to those who might not ever experience the event.'

Well, fuck that.

You are a bug and I hope your endeavor fails miserably.


I am sorry you feel this way. It seems emotions are still running high for this is a new concept for some. Although this is not a new concept, I am the first to stand before you all with the idea. I think you should take a day to vent and come back to the table when you aren't so upset.


ScatGames: I saw your E-bay ad and thought "wow, this is how covetous others have become of mine and my friends lifestyle." Sad.

That your profit derives from your customers excess of wealth and lack of cultural skills does make me think of you and your services as being parasitic. And you fail to show; how or if your camp qualifies as a Theme Cam. So why should we, your fellow citizens, of BRC allow you or your "victims" to excuse themselves of participation in lieu of Cash? I have looked hard into the concept of radical self reliance, and don't see you.

I also do sincerely hope your endeavors fail. Not just because I am an asshat, but because of the threat to my culture your success poses.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby ygmir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Eric wrote:Kevin; I'm one of the people who doesn't really have a problem with what you're doing (see my posts at the beginning of this thread)

Eric wrote:Personally, I wouldn't do the event this way; but if it gets some rich people out of their bubble and seeing something as different & inspiring as Burning Man I don't have a problem with it.


I'm currently unemployed & would like to make you an offer- I'm available for hire on a contract basis to work with you to build your kits explaining the event to your guests, and to work with you some on-playa with your guests as a "concierge" on their first day.

I've got some ideas how to do this so people from the community benefit, and, while it won't remove the heat from people who are just opposed to the idea from the get-go, it will let your guests fit in better with the Event.

You can PM me using the button below, we can talk.

There will probably be some whining from people on the board about this, but, you know what- it's going to happen whether we like it or not. Shouldn't we make it work well instead of just screaming "no"?

edit: weird formatting




Image
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I have not said this is not a good idea.. I say the OP is full of it..

The more he post the more foot in mouth..


"" I have been to several Burning Man a couple of years"" WTF

Ebay OP offers location.. Waffel on that will ya..

Addmitt it you a poor con man
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby sacramentogames » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Eric wrote:Kevin; I'm one of the people who doesn't really have a problem with what you're doing (see my posts at the beginning of this thread)

Eric wrote:Personally, I wouldn't do the event this way; but if it gets some rich people out of their bubble and seeing something as different & inspiring as Burning Man I don't have a problem with it.


I'm currently unemployed & would like to make you an offer- I'm available for hire on a contract basis to work with you to build your kits explaining the event to your guests, and to work with you some on-playa with your guests as a "concierge" on their first day.

I've got some ideas how to do this so people from the community benefit, and, while it won't remove the heat from people who are just opposed to the idea from the get-go, it will let your guests fit in better with the Event.

You can PM me using the button below, we can talk.

There will probably be some whining from people on the board about this, but, you know what- it's going to happen whether we like it or not. Shouldn't we make it work well instead of just screaming "no"?

edit: weird formatting


I tried to send you a PM but I am still trying to figure out this forum. Please PM me and I will be happy to reply
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby AntiM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

You click on the PM button in Eric's post.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17585
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby JStep » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 pm

I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
User avatar
JStep
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm just glad he's here so we can find solidarity in hating him.

Yeah you, Goldstein!*





*Still hate the novel.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39895
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby jerroc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 pm

This is just simply not good for the comunity. Your promoting a Spring break party concept. You looking to make money off of our art, our ideas, our work... Or maybe you are saying that the culture of burning man is not important fuck the art and just come to "party". naked girls, drugs, free beer, and concerts all night. You should expect to have your ass handed to you by your fellow burners. Try promoting in a way that is true to the event.
jerroc
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am
Location: Oregon

Postby sacramentogames » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 pm

JStep wrote:I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.


I put my time into BM and yes I did flub with MOOP. My bad. If it feels good to beat the dead horse, well then go ahead and rub the salt in the wound. I have taken everything everyone has dished out.

As for forums, I don't spend time in forums at all. I am not familiar with this one. I was only alerted to this forum because a fellow burner called my cell phone and told me about the verbal whirlwind I had started. I don't go into forums because in any other case I could care less about gossip. To me its like reality TV and I find it to be junk food for the brain. Because I do not choose to spend time in forums does not make me computer illiterate.
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:05 pm

sacramentogames wrote:
JStep wrote:I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.


I put my time into BM and yes I did flub with MOOP. My bad. If it feels good to beat the dead horse, well then go ahead and rub the salt in the wound. I have taken everything everyone has dished out.

As for forums, I don't spend time in forums at all. I am not familiar with this one. I was only alerted to this forum because a fellow burner called my cell phone and told me about the verbal whirlwind I had started. I don't go into forums because in any other case I could care less about gossip. To me its like reality TV and I find it to be junk food for the brain. Because I do not choose to spend time in forums does not make me computer illiterate.




Now that's just fuck'en lame..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby AntiM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:12 pm

More than half the new users fuck up the BBCode. Some never figure out the plonk button not the PM function. So?

Hey, we don't have the dead horse gif posted yet, this old grey mare still has a heartbeat.

Wait, if this is reality TV, why don't I have my own line of kicks, an interview on the Early Show and an invitation to Dancing with the Stars yet? At least a blurb on TMZ?

Like Eric, I'm going with it (curiosity not the least factor). No skin off my nose. There is also potential for learning and well, intangible gains all round. I want to see this through, with comments afterburn. I am intrigued now.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17585
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby JStep » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

sacramentogames wrote:
JStep wrote:I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.


I put my time into BM and yes I did flub with MOOP. My bad. If it feels good to beat the dead horse, well then go ahead and rub the salt in the wound. I have taken everything everyone has dished out.


I'm not rubbing salt in a wound, I'm pointing out a glaring implausibility to your story line. IMO It simply can't be true, unless your several years of BM experience were spent passively consuming the event like a spectator at the zoo and you spent no time researching, prepping and networking. Kind of what it sounds like people are afraid you're trying to set up for other customers; to pay their cash and spectate at BM because they don't have the "time" to prep and participate but really want to come gawk at the freaks who spend their lives building a community.


As for forums, I don't spend time in forums at all. I am not familiar with this one. I was only alerted to this forum because a fellow burner called my cell phone and told me about the verbal whirlwind I had started. I don't go into forums because in any other case I could care less about gossip. To me its like reality TV and I find it to be junk food for the brain. Because I do not choose to spend time in forums does not make me computer illiterate.


I'm sorry our online community is junk food to you, but again your story line lacks the ring of truth. You're obviously not computer illiterate (you're posting here), but someone who operates at the level you claim to should be well versed in online forums, able to figure out how to PM someone without asking for help, etc. Kind of like how anyone with any experience with BM knows what MOOP is, it's the most basic of terms and one of the first things you read about if you read ANYTHING about BM. And not something you forget after several years of going. (I knew what MOOP was in the first 10 minutes of reading the website and I've never even been there yet!)

Maybe I'm wrong, but my intuition says things just don't seem right. Apologies if I turn out to be incorrect too. Just awfully fishy.
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
User avatar
JStep
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Burning Since: 2011

Postby knowmad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

sacramentogames wrote:
JStep wrote:I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.


I put my time into BM and yes I did flub with MOOP. My bad. If it feels good to beat the dead horse, well then go ahead and rub the salt in the wound. I have taken everything everyone has dished out.

As for forums, I don't spend time in forums at all. I am not familiar with this one. I was only alerted to this forum because a fellow burner called my cell phone and told me about the verbal whirlwind I had started. I don't go into forums because in any other case I could care less about gossip. To me its like reality TV and I find it to be junk food for the brain. Because I do not choose to spend time in forums does not make me computer illiterate.


No you've dodged the very direct question asked by my self and others.

ISO's "[sic]would you feel so motivated if someone challenged you to make a percentage of your spots available for individuals in economic dire straits. Would you make them free or at a radically reduced price? "

And my Question: about how your camp qualifies as a articipant and not just taking up space.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby Major Krash » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

...I am straining to see how they can guarantee being able to deliver a mutated vehicle...unless they do not plan on going through the normal permit process, or they have access to several vehicles (or a well known one that "get's licensed every year"). From the answers this person is giving, I hope no one gives him any cash. This has "Nigerian Prince" written all over it!
User avatar
Major Krash
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: just off the Oregon Trail
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby knowmad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Major Krash wrote:...I am straining to see how they can guarantee being able to deliver a mutated vehicle...unless they do not plan on going through the normal permit process, or they have access to several vehicles (or a well known one that "get's licensed every year"). From the answers this person is giving, I hope no one gives him any cash. This has "Nigerian Prince" written all over it!


not only that, but there is a bunch of DMVers that read this. wonder how hard a permit will be to secure for a car that has "safety" issues. might just be one of us "gosipiy, computer literate, creative types that does the inspection. would be a shame if your art car sat in D-lot for the duration of the week.

pay atintion Scatgames, this world unlike defaultia takes bribes from the poorest members for the cheapest fees to hinder the larger messes made by those that feel entitled.

not to harsh your mellow SG. I left the burn lingo in there snark and all cause I know you groak it.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

AntiM wrote:Like Eric, I'm going with it (curiosity not the least factor). No skin off my nose. There is also potential for learning and well, intangible gains all round. I want to see this through, with comments afterburn. I am intrigued now.


Kevin has responded to my offer, and I am very serious about it.

Those opposed can play Canute or they can learn how to teach all the birgins, regardless of how they camp.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8259
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Gizmo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

AntiM wrote:The 1000 watt Dj system concerns me, as the limit for residential camping areas, per the survival guide, is 300 watts. Thoughts?


Not a major point in this discussion, but
probably the least enforced rule at Burning Man.
User avatar
Gizmo
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby sacramentogames » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 pm

knowmad wrote:
sacramentogames wrote:
JStep wrote:I can kind of see both sides to this argument. But I also think things don't add up the more Sgames posts. He's been to several years worth of BM but he "forgot" what MOOP is and really doesn't want anyone bringing it up again? He's savvy enough to manage a lucrative business catering to wealthy executives but can't figure out basic forum functions?

Something is very fishy. No offense Cryptofishist.


I put my time into BM and yes I did flub with MOOP. My bad. If it feels good to beat the dead horse, well then go ahead and rub the salt in the wound. I have taken everything everyone has dished out.

As for forums, I don't spend time in forums at all. I am not familiar with this one. I was only alerted to this forum because a fellow burner called my cell phone and told me about the verbal whirlwind I had started. I don't go into forums because in any other case I could care less about gossip. To me its like reality TV and I find it to be junk food for the brain. Because I do not choose to spend time in forums does not make me computer illiterate.


No you've dodged the very direct question asked by my self and others.

ISO's "[sic]would you feel so motivated if someone challenged you to make a percentage of your spots available for individuals in economic dire straits. Would you make them free or at a radically reduced price? "

And my Question: about how your camp qualifies as a articipant and not just taking up space.


would you feel so motivated if someone challenged you to make a percentage of your spots available for individuals in economic dire straits. Would you make them free or at a radically reduced price? No matter how I answer this one I'm going to be burned at the stake. So why open up more sores for you to pick at?

about how your camp qualifies as a articipant and not just taking up space. Please rephrase your question
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby Major Krash » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Eric wrote:Kevin has responded to my offer, and I am very serious about it.


..this is good - however, I still see some potential issues for Kevin and Crew even if they accept your services.

Are they planning a registered theme camp, with early entry passes to set-up early for their Clients? If so, then they probably will not be completely truthful on the application for placement (if they expect to get placed - unless there is another placement option for profit-making ventures not available to the lowly masses).

If they are not a theme camp, then they will be rushing in with everyone else in the Monday traffic jam...scrambling for a decent spot (all RV's in a caravan, weaving through the streets of BRC in the pre-dawn hours...hopefully not another dust storm). Then, a mad rush to set-up the shade, get the water bottles on-ice, get the mutated vehicle ready (and licensed for day, and night) all in time for the arrival at the airport (by plane or chopper...)

???
User avatar
Major Krash
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: just off the Oregon Trail
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Gizmo wrote:
AntiM wrote:The 1000 watt Dj system concerns me, as the limit for residential camping areas, per the survival guide, is 300 watts. Thoughts?


Not a major point in this discussion, but
probably the least enforced rule at Burning Man.



I believe it is inforced if the complant is done right..

Most just complan to the wind.. Instead of takeing the "steps" to stop the noise..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I trust in Eric!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests