gross ebay post

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:47 pm

curiouser and curiouser.

in 97' i met a sprightly 70 yr. old named Wisp....he was wearing a sarong and reeked of dirty hippy.

i later found out he was a retired Board (bored?) Member of Xerox.

you never know, now do ya'...
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Packoderm » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:52 pm

If you go to Gonzaga Bay, Baja California, you'll see the richest of the rich fly in with their planes, change into ragged clothing, and be just the nicest, humblest people you'd ever hope to meet. Their vacation homes are basically just shacks. I had no idea of their wealth when we were all hanging out.
Packoderm

Postby sacramentogames » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 pm

The one thing I love about BM, you never know who you are talking to. You have no idea is you are talking to a homeless person, lawyer, peace officer or an exec from a large corporation. I highly recommend giving everyone the opportunity before passing judgment. Who knows you might miss out.
sacramentogames

Re: My conversation with the seller

Postby sacramentogames » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 pm

BaalTeshuva wrote:Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..

Dear inflatablegames,

As you seemed too incised to continue our conversation or apologize I am reporting this entire conversation to Ebay customer service... have a nice night and do try to relax

- bebop.404

To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:32:25 PST

Dear bebop.404,

Take it to your attorney tomorrow. I may prosecute this

- inflatablegames

To: inflatablegames
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:25:51 PST

Dear inflatablegames,

At no point did I make a treat towards you or any one else... I simply stated that what your doing is contrary to the spirit of burning man. At no point did I threaten a government official... I simply stated that Karma is a bitch sometimes... That there is a natural ebb and flow to the good will in the universe... If you cant stand to hear that what your doing is bad karma then you shouldn't do it... And please let me repeat my ending statement Have a nice day... Try not to be too much of an A-hole while your at it.
However the statements you have made toward me are what I would call a threat... I would love to talk to one of many lawyers that I know, both friends and family and see what my legal options are... However I will gladly accept an apology before I decide to contact E-bay and let them know of your reproachable words...

Thank you and enjoy your night... Unless your panties are too bunched up, in which case I would suggest you take a chill pill in what ever form you my enjoy,be it chemical or natural, positive or negative... May I recommend a hot bath with some relaxing music and some candles... Well good night

- bebop.404

Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:11:58 PST

Dear bebop.404,

Did you know you can do a year in jail for threatening a government official? Be careful on who you threaten. You have no idea who is on the other side of your threats. Better go read up on penal code 76(A).

- inflatablegames

Subject: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:03:47 PST

Dear inflatablegames,

People like you are a threat to the great spirit that fills the playa with love and positive vibes.... Just wanted to say the karma's a bitch... I normally do not wish harm on others, but I'm sure that karma will bitch slap you for this one... I don't know how or when, but it will happen... Have a nice day while you can... Peace

- bebop.404

It wouldn't be fair to cut bits and pieces of our conversation here and try to pit the group against me. I love a good debate. That's why we are all here, right? After reading everything you emailed to me on Ebay, I find it hard to believe I am the one with a stress disorder. I like to think I have been very respectful to everyone who has participated in this thread.

BTW, you left out your last comment:

Dear inflatablegames,

I understand that you have issues with yourself esteem, just like any other, bully. I would recommend that you take my advice and take a nice hot bath with some relaxing music. the amount of anger your putting off cant be good for your blood pressure... Relax and reread what I said... I at no point stated that I would take any harmful action towards you. I simply stated that karma comes around... It could be as simple as bad luck... it could be ill health... we never know how our actions will affect us and those around us... We can only try to be the best we can be.., I would suggest that you try to spread more positivity and light rather then anger and hate... remember as Gandhi said "be the change you wish to see in the world" or something along those lines. Have a nice night unless your too worked up at this point...
try to relax...

however should you actually decide to take legal action I would have a solid case against you for threatening behavior, And if I'm not mistaken impersonating a government official is an actual crime... One that I'm sure at the least incurs some sort of fines...
well take care my friend and hope you can relax... you know that too much stress and anger increases the likelihood of a stroke or heart attack... you should take a stress test to make sure your in good health... take care and relax... and eat your cheerios, I hear that they are great a reducing cholesterol, another component in heart and stoke prevention, as is regular exercise, which has the added benefit of also reducing stress... Have you tried bike riding or running, they are both enjoyable forms of exercise
well good night

- bebop.404
sacramentogames

Postby BaalTeshuva » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm

[quote="sacramentogames"][quote="BaalTeshuva"][u][b]Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..[/b][/u]

Dear inflatablegames,

As you seemed too incised to continue our conversation or apologize I am reporting this entire conversation to Ebay customer service... have a nice night and do try to relax

- bebop.404

Dear bebop.404,

- inflatablegames

Dear inflatablegames,

At no point did I make a treat towards you or any one else... I simply stated that what your doing is contrary to the spirit of burning man. At no point did I threaten a government official... I simply stated that Karma is a bitch sometimes... That there is a natural ebb and flow to the good will in the universe... If you cant stand to hear that what your doing is bad karma then you shouldn't do it... And please let me repeat my ending statement Have a nice day... Try not to be too much of an A-hole while your at it.
However the statements you have made toward me are what I would call a threat... I would love to talk to one of many lawyers that I know, both friends and family and see what my legal options are... However I will gladly accept an apology before I decide to contact E-bay and let them know of your reproachable words...

Thank you and enjoy your night... Unless your panties are too bunched up, in which case I would suggest you take a chill pill in what ever form you my enjoy,be it chemical or natural, positive or negative... May I recommend a hot bath with some relaxing music and some candles... Well good night

- bebop.404

Dear bebop.404,

Did you know you can do a year in jail for threatening a government official? Be careful on who you threaten. You have no idea who is on the other side of your threats. Better go read up on penal code 76(A).

- inflatablegames

Subject: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539

Dear inflatablegames,

People like you are a threat to the great spirit that fills the playa with love and positive vibes.... Just wanted to say the karma's a bitch... I normally do not wish harm on others, but I'm sure that karma will bitch slap you for this one... I don't know how or when, but it will happen... Have a nice day while you can... Peace

- bebop.404[/quote]

It wouldn't be fair to cut bits and pieces of our conversation here and try to pit the group against me. I love a good debate. That's why we are all here, right? After reading everything you emailed to me on Ebay, I find it hard to believe I am the one with a stress disorder. I like to think I have been very respectful to everyone who has participated in this thread.

Dear inflatablegames,

I understand that you have issues with yourself esteem, just like any other, bully. I would recommend that you take my advice and take a nice hot bath with some relaxing music. the amount of anger your putting off cant be good for your blood pressure... Relax and reread what I said... I at no point stated that I would take any harmful action towards you. I simply stated that karma comes around... It could be as simple as bad luck... it could be ill health... we never know how our actions will affect us and those around us... We can only try to be the best we can be.., I would suggest that you try to spread more positivity and light rather then anger and hate... remember as Gandhi said "be the change you wish to see in the world" or something along those lines. Have a nice night unless your too worked up at this point...
try to relax...

however should you actually decide to take legal action I would have a solid case against you for threatening behavior, And if I'm not mistaken impersonating a government official is an actual crime... One that I'm sure at the least incurs some sort of fines...
well take care my friend and hope you can relax... you know that too much stress and anger increases the likelihood of a stroke or heart attack... you should take a stress test to make sure your in good health... take care and relax... and eat your cheerios, I hear that they are great a reducing cholesterol, another component in heart and stoke prevention, as is regular exercise, which has the added benefit of also reducing stress... Have you tried bike riding or running, they are both enjoyable forms of exercise
well good night

- bebop.404[/quote]

My apologies for not updating after i posted this... I am both surprised and not surprised you would be on this board... Maybe you indeed do work for the government as you so claimed... My guess is that you are some sort of narc.... well have a nice night
Got Peace, Love, And Flow?
BaalTeshuva

my socalled stress disorder

Postby BaalTeshuva » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:27 pm

If I do indeed has some sort of stress disorder it is that I enjoy telling people what I think... I feel that expressing my opinion is more satisfying then violence or empty legal threats... especially with how broken the American legal system is... But you know what they say: you get what you pay for and the US Gov. is always after the cheapest and easiest fix to any problem, IE lowest bidder always get the contract, Especially if they bribe the right officials or politicians... That's why Monsanto was able to induce all of their horrible poisons into our food supply... I mean who in their right mind would trust the same people who made agent orange for Vietnam to make a food additive[/i]
BaalTeshuva

Postby sacramentogames » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 pm

BaalTeshuva wrote:
sacramentogames wrote:
BaalTeshuva wrote:Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..

Dear inflatablegames,

- bebop.404

Dear bebop.404,

- inflatablegames

Dear inflatablegames,

- bebop.404

Dear bebop.404,

- inflatablegames

Dear inflatablegames,

- bebop.404

Dear inflatablegames,

try to relax...

well good night

- bebop.404

My apologies for not updating after i posted this... I am both surprised and not surprised you would be on this board... Maybe you indeed do work for the government as you so claimed... My guess is that you are some sort of narc.... well have a nice night

Can't we all just get along?! Where is the love here?

Maybe once we all get out on the playa we can all share into a group hug. I hope that everyone going to enjoy BM will leave their work and their problems at the gate. Aren't we all freaks in one way or another?
sacramentogames

Postby ibdave » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 pm

move on, nothing to see here.... :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

lets agree on one thing

Postby BaalTeshuva » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 pm

to disagree

However If I do indeed meet you out on the playa I will indeed give you a hug... I am all about healing and hugs are like emotional band aids... that are both never ending and transferable... well i have to get up in about 5 hours so I will talk to you tomorrow..
and again my apologies for talking shit... I just like to piss of internet trolls as I am a troll slayer... I had mistaken you for a troll.. My bad lol Well take care and have a great night...
BaalTeshuva

Postby goathead » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:26 am

yAAAwwwnnnnn....
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Re: lets agree on one thing

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 am

BaalTeshuva wrote:to disagree

However If I do indeed meet you out on the playa I will indeed give you a hug... I am all about healing and hugs are like emotional band aids... that are both never ending and transferable... well i have to get up in about 5 hours so I will talk to you tomorrow..
and again my apologies for talking shit... I just like to piss of internet trolls as I am a troll slayer... I had mistaken you for a troll.. My bad lol Well take care and have a great night...

hurrah for hugs! and on the playa i hope all this is left behind :)
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: gross ebay post

Postby Bob » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:55 am

curiousgnate wrote:check out this ad on ebay fucking disgusting! http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0647559539

Fink.

That is all.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby grape » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 am

"Move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for.."
"we must keep searching. for the end of all our travels shall be to arrive at the point at which we started and know it for the first time."
T. S. Eliot
grape

we will bury you.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:56 am

fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 am

BaalTeshuva wrote:That's why Monsanto was able to induce all of their horrible poisons into our food supply... I mean who in their right mind would trust the same people who made agent orange for Vietnam to make a food additive

M0n$ant0 has an incredibly active, productive and forceful team of lawyers. I would never post anything like this in the public record of the internet and I recommend you don't again.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Packoderm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:04 am

I double that about Mon$ant0. They will likely take on a very active role in the Ministry of Plenty and can make your life very miserable in the not too distant future.
Packoderm

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 am

I thought Agent Orange was from DuPont.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Packoderm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 am

From Wiki: "In the 1960s and 1970s, Monsanto became one of 10-36 producers of Agent Orange for US Military operations in Vietnam."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com
Packoderm

Postby ygmir » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 am

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

The People Spectrum

Postby grape » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:49 am

Getting back to the diversity of BM participants;
I met a lovely couple camped with friends on the Esplanade in '98. Talked about physics, astronomy, cabbages & kings. We laughed for three days.
I camped with them for four years. Then someone clued me that my science buddy was the number 4 guy @ Pixar and had won a technical merit Academy Award. We still get together for martinis @ the burn.
"we must keep searching. for the end of all our travels shall be to arrive at the point at which we started and know it for the first time."
T. S. Eliot
grape

Postby alt12 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am

OK, I know this is a dead horse but I'm going to beat it anyways. I saw this add weeks ago being discussed on a bm volunter e-mail forum and I just now saw and have been reading this thread on eplaya.

I have to say, what really irritates me here is sacramentogames' attitude. You are like a coprorate-BORG. You just assimilate everything people say on here to craft a better advertisement. Reading your posts is like watching a commercial for some alternate-reality corporate burningman. Its a soul-less practice of profiteering off the event with no concept whatsoever of the basic element of burning man, which for most people, is giving. Giving in some way. participarting whatever you want to call it the event runs on a deep spirit of giving. You parrot the words of "participate" etc but you are essentially about taking, taking, taking. Take knowledege, lingo, words (christ, you don't even know what fucking MOOP is...that speaks volumes about your experience or lack thereof at BM) from eplaya to craft a more luring advertisement. You take the shared resource of burning man as a means to make a private profit. Giving out 1,000 trinkets to comply with some concept of what giving should be is not really giving. Again its a robotic response from an obvious outsider. And it falls flat. Everything you endeavor will always be at best a soul-less facsimile because starts from a premise that misses the point because you obviously don't know shit about burning man other than what you've read in a pamphlet or on this website....

And I couldn't care less about the service being offered, quite frankly. There are always some lazy rich tourists showing up at BM with a fleet of RVs and all labor outsourced (and yes lazy is the word, not "too busy" or "can't be bothered.") I've seen it many times. They usually don't come back (anyone remember the Rubber Duck art-car? and the british billionaires that came with it?). Obviously people are offering this service. So be it. Who gives a shit.

But I have to say to come on to this messageboard and just take take take under the guise of "I'm listening to your concerns" is kind of sickening to me. Someone else called you out on it and obviously is picking up on the disingenuity of your comments.
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Elderberry » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:28 pm

ygmir wrote:Image
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby sacramentogames » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 pm

jkisha wrote:
ygmir wrote:Image

I THINK IT STILL HAS A PULSE......HIT IT AGAIN!!!!! *Chuckle* :wink:
sacramentogames

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:36 pm

How else are you suppose to tenderize a horse? :?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby sacramentogames » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 pm

FIGJAM wrote:How else are you suppose to tenderize a horse? :?
OMG...FUNNY!
sacramentogames

Postby fuck-head. » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 pm

sacgames....

i will say this once and ONLY once.

quit while your ahead.
"beware of false profits"
fuck-head.

Postby Sic Pup » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:27 pm

His fifteen minutes are long over.

I'm pretty sure he has a deluded notion that if he keeps bumping the thread he'll get someone from here to bite.

I guess he's not quite the professional he makes himself out to be. Anyone with 15 years invested in any business will have made enough contacts/clients not to have to resort to eBay and message boards to pitch his scheme.

It's not insulting enough that he didn't bother to due dilligence and explore what he was getting in to personnaly but rather connived many of us to do his dirty work for him, now he insults us futher with his transparency.

Everything else aside, not knowing the culture, what might fly and what might not, what would make his service more desirable and really the very basics of the event is just bad business pure and simple. Why any thinking person would even remotely consider his offer at any price is beyond me, particularly when others have being doing it regualrly, have a track record and at least the smarts to keep it on the down low.

He and his offers have already gotten much more attention that they deserve if for nothing else for how little homework was done.

Godspeed on your trip to oblivion, Mr Inflatablegames.

Apologies for bumping the thread, it won't happen again.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby sacramentogames » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:54 pm

fuck-head. wrote:sacgames....

i will say this once and ONLY once.

quit while your ahead.
Bite me
sacramentogames

Postby fuck-head. » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm

as you wish.
"beware of false profits"
fuck-head.