Full article: http://www.renogazette.com/news/stories ... /71413.php
"After facing scant opposition, Burning Man organizers have secured a two-year permit to stage the counterculture festival on the Northern Nevada desert.
Bureau of Land Management officials said the gathering that has generated considerable controversy in the past prompted complaints from only a few people this year.
“Burning Man has an excellent track record,” said Dave Cooper of the BLM’s Winnemucca field office. “This group teaches and practices leave no trace and other large events can learn a lot from it.”
Burning Man founder Larry Harvey said it was the first time he has won a two-year permit since moving the festival from San Francisco to Nevada in 1990. He previously had to reapply for a permit every year.
“We’ve outlived the controversy,” he said Sunday. “We’ve become a cultural landmark in Nevada. Every time any objections were raised we’ve been responsible.”