DJ_Whatevah's Incessant Whining About Toursists Boring You?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Are You Bored Yet of the Burnier-Than-Thou Abrbiter of What Burningman Is?

Oh, fuck yes.
73%
Nah, he keeps me entertained in a tragic, train-wreck sort of way.
19%
No Shit! There really are Port-o-Bidets??
8%

Total votes : 26

DJ_Whatevah's Incessant Whining About Toursists Boring You?

Postby Isotopia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 pm

It happens every year and usually right after the event. The screaming, whining, teary-eyed slobberdonkeys who converge on the various boards to proclaim what *is* and what *isn't* in the spirit of Burningman.

In the spirit of World Cup level whining what might the rest of you dear readers have to say about the event this year and how fucked up it was given the high costs of a ticket?

Me, my biggest complaint was that we had to use regular toilets rather than the more sanitary Port-o-Bidets. Oh, and the camp next to us who wouldn't cut their music down during our afternoon chakra massage sessions for Really Cool Burners. And I was *really* pissed off about that two seater art car that wouldn't let us ride on their bumper as we were heading back to camp.

I could go on but I leave up to you insightful readers to contribute your greatest, most-event shattering un-Burnerly experience..
Isotopia

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah, not only does it bore me, it annoys me in my role as moderator. Eventually all his posts will be in one thread, I keep merging them.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Port-O-Bidets? Gotta be located at First Camp!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Kinetic V wrote:Port-O-Bidets? Gotta be located at First Camp!

super soaker camp........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:38 pm

IMO his concerns were valid (as was the claim that these were bussed-in tourists...whether one feels they should have been given day passes and allowed to snap photos or not) but his Nixonian carpet bombing tactics very bad form. Thanks for cleaning up his mess Anti! And thanks to Isotopia for appearing on my shoulder at the Burn to scold me for bitching. :!: (re: Moop Proliferation thread).

btw/ the bidets must be American-style with vertical power stream (as opposed to horizontal Euro/Middle East) or I'm not coming next year. Please make a note of it.
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby d6 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:56 pm

The bus / art tours are years on....but there will always be an aspect of "it didn't exist until i heard about it" reflexology, heralding the arrival of the truly burniest.
The me-first mentality lacking any and all manners demands your water / supply sacrifices whimsically chiding that the playa provides.....

And as for the porto-bidets, unless you're using a rubber glove and grey water, the experience is really quite lacking.

Now then, more about me and why i'm so fucking wonderful, and how BM is all for me. Why dirty people like fire i'll never know..........

I simply could not believe that there was so much dust and wind, and that i was expected to ever leave my 40ft Expedition to intermingle with the rabble. My trustfund paid some nameless crew to build my "art", transport & erect it and supply me designer vaginally stored (thanks,paris!) drugs for the 28 hours I graced brc with my presence. At least my driver did a nice parking job blocking 1/5th of the plaza.

It was unconscionable that I had to wait for Marian to finish her interview w/CNN and TMZ, explaining why the man that burned down the Contessa got free tickets this year, while I was relegated to waiting-in-the-wings like some forgotten and overlooked chubby bridesmaid.

And not one person recognized me! I swear I don't know why I even bothered after Bassnectar canceled and Glaude broke my favorite microphone yarbling to the crowd. And where was Daft Punk? I had my VIP wristband and for what? I was promised visibility and I never even got to do my sexy vip stage dance or blast my nips.

After all of that, I barely had satellite phone service, and was told i'd have to wait for my thai food to be flown in since the plane couldn't safely land in whiteout conditions or something. At least when i get back i'll be a level four thetan and have a new red yarn wristband to validate my existence.

Next year, I'm told to show up with no supplies at all, wait by the ticket box w/my "miracle" sign and offer "sensual massage" to every slobberdonkey Isotopia introduces me to, all the while telling them how wrong they are through a megaphone whenever my feather boa blows out of my mouth.

Or maybe I'll just be self-reliant.
again.

d6,
twice the age of a twenty-something and half as fast.

**Isotopia, you are my eplaya hero**
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot
d6

Postby goathead » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:41 am

ygmir wrote:

Goddess camp?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby AntiM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 am

goathead wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Goddess camp?

Incontinence Camp?
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to Politics & Philosophy