Community Poll: Floor Show or The Burning Man on Fire?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Would you like to sit through a half hour long pre-show fire performance, or would you rather not wait, and wouldn't at all mind seeing the Man getting ignited prematurely, even if it was through an act of sabotage?

Yes, I'd like to watch a show that lasts for 30 or more minutes.
51%
No, I wouldn't like to sit through a show that lasts that long, but if it means getting a good seat for the burn I guess I have to.
6%
No, I'm not going to wait through a show that long, but I don't want to see the Man get burned before the organizer's own
14%
I would like see the Burning Man ignited earlier than the current plan and by act of sabotage is necessary, but only if it could be done with no injury.
23%
I don't care if someone may get injured by a premature ignition, we're there for the Burning Man and not the show. Light him up!
6%

Total votes : 35

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue May 25, 2004 7:45 pm

"Clear view of the Man as he burns"?!?!

He's standing fifty feet over our heads! There ain't anyone on the Playa or above it that <i><b>doesn't</i><b> have a clear view of the Man burning, wherever they sit!

It ain't the Beatles, folks. Front 'n centre ain't necessary. Any vantage point is a good one, even back in the City.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue May 25, 2004 7:50 pm

</i></b>

Damn! Didn't let me fix the last post.
Where's that damn Edit and Delete button?
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Tiahaar » Wed May 26, 2004 12:07 am

Yay Fire Conclave! Awesome 2003 burn performance and can hardly wait for 2004!! Burn night is timeless, what is a minute or hour, you head out towards the Man as the sun sets, you dance, hear drums & music, mingle, see wild and scary wonderful things/people, watch fire dancers, suddenly there's fireworks, explosions, flames, great gusts of hot searing cleansing winds, howling and great cheering, the Man roars in glory and the energy is spun off in a zillion directions as people circle the hot embers then scatter and live the night. Celebrate already!
Burning Man 2003-14; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech
Keru's Phenomenal Phantasmagoria of Terrors and Delights
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 1:33 am

I like the length of the fire dancing and all the other crap. Get's you worked up just right for the burn. If it's too long for you stay in camp and come out later. If you want a front row seat, learn to fire dance.

Postby DVD Burner » Wed May 26, 2004 1:42 am

diane o'thirst wrote:"Clear view of the Man as he burns"?!?!

He's standing fifty feet over our heads! There ain't anyone on the Playa or above it that <i><b>doesn't</i><b> have a clear view of the Man burning, wherever they sit!

It ain't the Beatles, folks. Front 'n centre ain't necessary. Any vantage point is a good one, even back in the City.

I guess some would like to either be in the fire or be the fire.

How's that for closeness.Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy