Worse Case Scenario: War or No War?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:47 am

I'm not seeing the sock thing. Y'all are too sock paranoid?

I think Anyplace came here, saw a forum marked "philosophy" and got excited, jumping right in. What he didn't realize, is the politics and philosophy forums were originally intended to discuss the P&P of Burning Man. Technically, his threads belong in Open Discussion.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby ygmir » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

I think it's fun to guess.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: go away kid, ya bother me.

Postby bx1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:wow, who IS this schmuck?

Anyplace.

If ya want I think he may be hanging out at Camp Emo-Nerd this year.
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby gunsmith » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 am

the end of the world has been coming since the beginning of story telling around the campfire, in the 70's we were told by environmentalist that, due to overpopulation we would run out of resources by the nineties with certain mass death/destruction by 2000- some of this would be due to the ice age, the anthropogenic global warming religion hadn't yet been invented.

In the 80's it was "save a tree" so the environmentalist made every store switch to plastic bags- at the time I tried telling them that at least paper was bio degradable but the doomsday environmentalist always know more than everyone else.

The climate change/globalwarming religion is no different then any Christian apocalyptic sect psychologically. they just have different irrational beliefs
I may not be here now but I was there then
gunsmith

Postby jerroc » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:23 am

I understand your concerns of over population, food shortage, and further destruction of our eco systems. I have my own concerns, and i have decided not to have anymore kids. I'm doing research on micro farming and renewable energy for a home. I really don't think there needs to be a war to take care of population control Mother nature is doing some of the work for us. The rest is up to us and what we can teach our kids. I'm not all peace and love and I don't care for hippies. I care for my kids and the world they will grow up in, and war Is not that world. With that said honestly this is the wrong place to have this debate. I stoped tring to talk to people about these issues and took a more active aproach.
jerroc

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy