If Burners Ran the World

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby TheGemini » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:13 am

^^^ what do u do when those nice things packaged in a pretty lil bow are not provided for u any more? uh oh, no electricity... no heat... no gas. reality sure does not paint the same pretty picture anymore.

"No serious government pressure has been brought to bear on the banks to help homeowners stay in their homes through mortgage payment adjustments."

[quote]Knowmad, you speak of the utopia where everyone willingly participates in a common project for the good of all. I do not think you would go so far as to say we all have equal gifts, talents and abilities. But I do agree that, when people are truly free to practice, perfect and exercise what they truly enjoy doing, work becomes play,,,, or visa versa.[/quote]

people with different gifts, talents and abilities would use them for the good of the community ie. carpentry, plumbing, electricity, water prep, gardening... the list goes on. u work everyday maybe 3-6 hours depending on what your doing. it would be a building process.

we are in a time of dramatic change. this change is coming sooner than we realize. most of the people on the planet are dumbed down and asleep, but we are not. we have the power to change. to build a better society were there is no ruling class or corruption of authority figures. we have the strength in numbers to have an evolving ecosystem to grow a city. we need to give back to the land. the earth cannot sustain being stripped any longer. i feel that the worst will happen in the next two years. our oil sustainability is going dry, and by 2050 will be nearly non-existent. we need to come together with ideas for a plan an act accordingly. the majority of the surviving society will live underground or in mountains or FEMA camps. those are places future generations should not live in and neither should we. our children need to inherit the beauty of the outdoors in a thriving ecosystem. i urge you to help to start planning [b]NOW[/b]. before its to late. we need to come together as a new school tribe of like minded, creative individuals who will [b]GET THE JOB DONE[/b]. There is no one else but us. Our generation must take the helm in advancing our own utopia and live in a fully sustainable ecosystem. what will you do to make the change? how will you choose to live out life when it starts to get worse than it is? will you come together and find others who share your passion and ambition to live in a sustainable society? do you want to be in a community where music and art flourish? where should we begin because it is clearly evident how it will end.
TheGemini

dbl post

Postby TheGemini » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:14 am

:?:
TheGemini

Postby TomServo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:59 am

TheGemini wrote:^^^ what do u do when those nice things packaged in a pretty lil bow are not provided for u any more? uh oh, no electricity... no heat... no gas. reality sure does not paint the same pretty picture anymore.

"No serious government pressure has been brought to bear on the banks to help homeowners stay in their homes through mortgage payment adjustments."

Knowmad, you speak of the utopia where everyone willingly participates in a common project for the good of all. I do not think you would go so far as to say we all have equal gifts, talents and abilities. But I do agree that, when people are truly free to practice, perfect and exercise what they truly enjoy doing, work becomes play,,,, or visa versa.

people with different gifts, talents and abilities would use them for the good of the community ie. carpentry, plumbing, electricity, water prep, gardening... the list goes on. u work everyday maybe 3-6 hours depending on what your doing. it would be a building process.

we are in a time of dramatic change. this change is coming sooner than we realize. most of the people on the planet are dumbed down and asleep, but we are not. we have the power to change. to build a better society were there is no ruling class or corruption of authority figures. we have the strength in numbers to have an evolving ecosystem to grow a city. we need to give back to the land. the earth cannot sustain being stripped any longer. i feel that the worst will happen in the next two years. our oil sustainability is going dry, and by 2050 will be nearly non-existent. we need to come together with ideas for a plan an act accordingly. the majority of the surviving society will live underground or in mountains or FEMA camps. those are places future generations should not live in and neither should we. our children need to inherit the beauty of the outdoors in a thriving ecosystem. i urge you to help to start planning NOW. before its to late. we need to come together as a new school tribe of like minded, creative individuals who will GET THE JOB DONE. There is no one else but us. Our generation must take the helm in advancing our own utopia and live in a fully sustainable ecosystem. what will you do to make the change? how will you choose to live out life when it starts to get worse than it is? will you come together and find others who share your passion and ambition to live in a sustainable society? do you want to be in a community where music and art flourish? where should we begin because it is clearly evident how it will end.

Are you an Anarchist? Burners won't change the world right now, but we plant the seeds for change. Its an uphill battle, with the dumbed down american public...I won't say world wide just yet..

What happened to the TAZ thread?!?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Mojojita » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Pssstt.... I hate to tell you this but, look around - burners do run the world.....
Mojojita

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 pm

TheGemini wrote:^^^ what do u do when those nice things packaged in a pretty lil bow are not provided for u any more? uh oh, no electricity... no heat... no gas. reality sure does not paint the same pretty picture anymore.

Knowmad, you speak of the utopia where everyone willingly participates in a common project for the good of all. I do not think you would go so far as to say we all have equal gifts, talents and abilities. But I do agree that, when people are truly free to practice, perfect and exercise what they truly enjoy doing, work becomes play,,,, or visa versa.

we are in a time of dramatic change. this change is coming sooner than we realize. most of the people on the planet are dumbed down and asleep, but we are not. we have the power to change. to build a better society were there is no ruling class or corruption of authority figures. we have the strength in numbers to have an evolving ecosystem to grow a city. we need to give back to the land. the earth cannot sustain being stripped any longer. i feel that the worst will happen in the next two years. our oil sustainability is going dry, and by 2050 will be nearly non-existent. we need to come together with ideas for a plan an act accordingly. the majority of the surviving society will live underground or in mountains or FEMA camps. those are places future generations should not live in and neither should we. our children need to inherit the beauty of the outdoors in a thriving ecosystem. i urge you to help to start planning NOW. before its to late. we need to come together as a new school tribe of like minded, creative individuals who will GET THE JOB DONE. There is no one else but us. Our generation must take the helm in advancing our own utopia and live in a fully sustainable ecosystem. what will you do to make the change? how will you choose to live out life when it starts to get worse than it is? will you come together and find others who share your passion and ambition to live in a sustainable society? do you want to be in a community where music and art flourish? where should we begin because it is clearly evident how it will end.

i dont know about you, but i've been polluting a WHOLE LOT on the hopes that it will speed up this whole global warming thingy.

i am SO sick of this Snow and Ice Bullshit, i cant WAIT til the Great Lakes are Palm Tree Lined and called the "New Riveria."
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby TomServo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Mojojita wrote:Pssstt.... I hate to tell you this but, look around - burners do run the world.....

do they?
TomServo

Postby TomServo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mE_-BV7mg[/youtube]
TomServo

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy