It's BACON

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

It's BACON

Postby wedeliver » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 am

Humm, interesting news... were there spanks involved?

http://www.wlwt.com/cnn-news/17637031/detail.html
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Here and there » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:05 pm

"One of Rep. John Boehner's local offices was evacuated Monday afternoon after a suspicious package arrived in the mail. ...

After an X-ray analysis, investigators determined the package contained bacon. ...

Some critics have charged that the legislation contained unnecessary giveaways, which are sometimes referred to as “pork barrel” spending."

Note added, July 15, 2011: The transition to the new forum wiped out most of this post. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember not being positively impressed with the idea of using taxpayer dollars and the trumping up of criminal charges in to order to punish somebody for mocking a politician. An unsuccessful attempt, I'm glad to say - I find no report of the anonymous sender of the package of preserved meat having been caught. Mr. Boehner has since been mocked further on Saturday Night Live. At last report, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig remained at large, with no word of pending charges for the unlawful use of humor in a public place.
Here and there

Return to Politics & Philosophy