Reflections of Serenity

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Reflections of Serenity

Postby JermDoggOne » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:47 pm

So as I sit in my lawnchair as BM 03', I feel a gentle wave come over my sunburned face: calm and collected serenity. The year before was a gruling pace of humanity, as I also attended the event in 02'. That year, I spent my week consumed in a haze of new social reasonings that I ( being from a small town in Northeastern Oregon) had never seen. I have done art since I was 12 years old ( now at the ripe age of 22) and the work I saw on the playa was mindboggling. How gorgoeus the neon, the flames, the smell of human copassion and love. It made me weak in the knees. That year I also made the mistake to drink alcohol and take mushrooms. It was a mistake, because I felt like I wasn't being the true me, only the distorted version. But, in 03', all I did was drink plenty of water and try to eat a good amount of food-thus putting a whole new approach to things. Plus, my new girlfriend and friend were there for the first time, and that is where the reflection is at. As I sat there, I could see the bead of anticipation in their eye just waiting to see what the night's mystery held in store. It was like seeing them in a whole new light- invigorated and full of potential, just waiting to unleash their personality. The night of the burn, we came back to camp and made a quick bite to eat. They were racing to get going, and I myself was very excited. I told them to go ahead as I know where they would start out. After they left, I made a batch of coffee. I took out a winston 100 and slowly took a drag. The sound. The sights. The People. The whole... I just sat and smirked for a minute. How grand this life can be when we have a playground on which to play...
JermDoggOne

Postby Chimp » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:44 am

Hi all, this is a blatant crossthread attempt to push certain crossthread irritants to the bottom of the pile.
Chimp

Return to Politics & Philosophy