HELP! (Nevada Lawyers) Drug bust on the way into burning man

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:13 pm

If you have a friend with a big cat, that works far better.
A friend of mine had a cougar and it only took one sniff of the animal from a distance to flip them out.
Her attack trained rottweilers were very neurotic around it too.

When she first brought it home some dogs left the area and would not come back.
gyre

Postby Elorrum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:26 pm

I saw this cartoon in the portapotties: two stick figures, one says "I need to collect the urine from my cat to throw off the drug sniffing dogs, but it is just so messy and difficult." Other stick figure says: "Go to Cat Pee Funnel Camp."
Elorrum

Postby cwnation » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm

a good craft project after you have your bike all fured up, is to take your stash and vacume seal it, clean the outside of the bag with alcohol, then roll it up tightly. take a crock pot and melt some wax. dip your stash in the wax, let dry and dip it again, dip and dry, dip and dry, till you get a couple of good complete layers of wax, the vacume seal again. make sure that the outside does not get in contact with your stash during the entire process. then take your new piece of art and spend a full hour taking your dash apart and reassembling it... then if you do get pulled over, be polite, surrender your rights, and grant a search. the cop will look in typical places (glove box, ashtrays, bag or two, and under the seat maybe etc), and then send you on your way...

i know that surrendering your rights might not swallow well, however, if a cop gets a refusal to search, they get excited and call a K9. all the cop needs for a to legally search your car is for a dog to be alerted...and if the cope is in a really bad mood, he can make the dog "false alert", and the cop and his cop buddy's will pull all of your crap out and do a really really clean search...
cwnation

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:11 pm

cwnation wrote:a good craft project after you have your bike all fured up, is to take your stash and vacume seal it, clean the outside of the bag with alcohol, then roll it up tightly. take a crock pot and melt some wax. dip your stash in the wax, let dry and dip it again, dip and dry, dip and dry, till you get a couple of good complete layers of wax, the vacume seal again. make sure that the outside does not get in contact with your stash during the entire process. then take your new piece of art and spend a full hour taking your dash apart and reassembling it... then if you do get pulled over, be polite, surrender your rights, and grant a search. the cop will look in typical places (glove box, ashtrays, bag or two, and under the seat maybe etc), and then send you on your way...

Wow. That just seems ... obsessive.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Badger » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Not obsessive if you live in Texas where LEO lives to bust a hippie or two.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Intubater69 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:06 pm

AntiM wrote:
cwnation wrote:a good craft project after you have your bike all fured up, is to take your stash and vacume seal it, clean the outside of the bag with alcohol, then roll it up tightly. take a crock pot and melt some wax. dip your stash in the wax, let dry and dip it again, dip and dry, dip and dry, till you get a couple of good complete layers of wax, the vacume seal again. make sure that the outside does not get in contact with your stash during the entire process. then take your new piece of art and spend a full hour taking your dash apart and reassembling it... then if you do get pulled over, be polite, surrender your rights, and grant a search. the cop will look in typical places (glove box, ashtrays, bag or two, and under the seat maybe etc), and then send you on your way...

Wow. That just seems ... obsessive.

Not with the right drugs. Uh, wait.....

"Uh, CW, dude, was this supposed to be added to the stash before you sealed it, dude?"
I get to drive the ambulance how fast?!!

SailMan
Intubater69

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am

A Friend Who Definitely Knows says that those heavy-duty ziplock microwave bags for cooking chicken and turkey will fool most drug dogs. Wouldn't stake my freedom on it, myself, but, apparently it got him back from Amsterdam a couple of times.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby local » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:57 pm

I have an idea .
Why don't you drug infested maggots stay the fuck home !!!!
local

Postby ibdave » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:15 pm

local wrote:I have an idea .

So Local, I don't drink and I don't use drugs ( sober 21 years) and this year was my 11th time attending. Am I a clean Maggot??

When you have something real to say come back and play, in the mean time go pound sand.... :roll: :shock: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby gyre » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Give local a break.
Probably drinks at the typewriter.

At least no drugs, right?
gyre

Postby ibdave » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:40 pm

gyre wrote:Give local a break.
Probably drinks at the typewriter.

At least no drugs, right?

Ha Ha....LOL 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby hsdavis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 pm

At least you spelled everything correctly. Just remember Local, there is no space between your sentence and the punctuation at the end. Put it nice and snug against the last letter!
hsdavis

Postby gyre » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:44 pm

I can see a space!
gyre

Postby AntiM » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:20 pm

gyre wrote:I can see a space!

"It's full of stars!"
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Mavis Beacon teaches Typing CD's are on the discount rack at Wal-Mart for under $5. You might want to pick up some soap for that foul mouth of yours while you're there.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby hsdavis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 am

AntiM wrote:

"It's full of stars!"

.....and asteroids!
hsdavis

Postby gyre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:04 am

ImageImage
gyre

Postby Elderberry » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 am

That's not a very nice thing to say.

JK
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Sail Man » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 am

ygmir wrote:get some kitty Depends and wring them out at the end of the day.............

:lol: Why not just wring the cat out instead?
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Sail Man » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:If you own or know someone that wouldn't mind if you take the cats litter box, you just separate the shit from and it and soak the litter with water or rubbing alcohol and then spray the to your vehicles undercarriage.

It's extremely effective and recommended by jilted ex-dea agents all the time

or...

you can try using coyote, wolf piss or better, skunk if you don't a cat litter source but you will have tolerate all the neighborhood dogs pissing on your vehicle. Anyway it would distract the dogs from there task.

Cat is better

Note to self: Do not ever, EVER, sniff the little bottle of deer urine again.
I've had dead patients smell better. :shock:

Sail Man

Postby Isotopia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 pm

I have an idea .

Yeah, and why don't you check your sister's pockets for her cigs the next time you roll over on her to kiss her goodnight?
Isotopia

Postby Elderberry » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Isotopia wrote:
Yeah, and why don't you check your sister's pockets for her cigs the next time you roll over on her to kiss her goodnight?

LOL Ooops. I mean that's not a very nice thing to say either.

JK
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Sail Man » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:46 am

Is it between Local's ears? :lol:

Sail Man

Postby princesspisces » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 am

Congratulations Local! You might be slightly more intelligent than a rock.

To call burners "drug infested maggots" proves your ignorance, and your maturity level.

Not all burners do drugs.

To all of the burners that do drugs and get caught, get a lawyer. It sucks that you were busted, but what did you think would happen? You know the consequences.
princesspisces

Postby ari_gold » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 am

hi Queen,

one of our friends was arrested at the Dome last year as well. He was grabbed by 2 BLM officers and handcuffed immediately for smoking marijuana. he was then coerced to be searched which then resulted in them finding illegal substance on him. he was later booked in Pershing county. he's out on bail like ur bf and he has retained a lawyer. he retained a lawyer that is familiar with such cases. the lawyer is very experienced but he comes at a price. if you want to discuss this in more detail, pls post your email address and I will have him email you directly. he's in a very similar situation as ur bf, but he has a lot of info he can share with you. dont panic, the best thing to do is talk to several laywers before deciding to retain one. also go to this link
www.lawyersforburners.com
ari_gold

Weeds and Piss

Postby professorzed » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

(I thought I would leave this picture, because I really like it.)

I don't mean to sound passe (Gawd no) but I call it as I see it. I'm sure your quite the creative little sensitive artist so why don't you help me come up with a better term for them. Neo Nazi is out, Big Brother Worshiping Hate Monger maybe, Mindless Narc Scumbag perhaps. Try coming up with some good acronyms. Apathy obviously isn't doing much to end the drug war maybe what's needed is a more creative vocabulary.

How about calling them "Errand boys sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill?"

Errand boys= Law enforcement officers
Grocery clerks= DEA
Collect a bill= Generate revenues from fines, seizures, incarceration.

What some people don't see, or fail to mention is that some psychoactive plants such as marijuana have been growing in the ground for billions of years, and have been used by humans for recreational and medicinal purposes with no known negative side effects (apart from addiction) for millions of years.

(Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.)

These plants were only made illegal or 'bad' less than a hundred years ago, just as alchohol was made illegal during the prohibition. Some of the drugs made illegal are freely available medicine (when growing in nature) which can help treat a wide range of medical ailments such as glaucoma.

However, the 'good drugs' made by pharmaceutical companies (such as Thalidomide for example) are 'legal'. They are manufactured, advertised, and distributed as a panacea which will solve all your problems.

Sometimes, the drugs are even manufactured first and then a problem is later found or even 'engineered' which these pharmaceuticals will be applied to. Valium is a good example of this.

(Advertisement: Not only will Rogaine make all your hair grow back, but you will start earning enough to buy a speedboat and finally get laid by crowds of beautiful women. Well, at least getting laid by the beautiful women who are shallow enough to worry about whether a guy is bald with no motorboat. This is cool if you are shallow too.)

Part of the problem is that allowing some medical problems to be treated with herbs and plants which can be obtained for free cuts into the huuuge profits that the pharmaceutical companies are making by cranking out all their poisonous crap. Is anyone familiar with the side effects of anti-depressants? It's phenomenal.

Ever read a psychiatric trade magazine? All of the sponsors are pharmaceutical companies, and some of these have contests where they actually award vacations in Hawaii to the psychiatrists who prescribe the largest amount of anti-depressants.

Right now in Australia for example, they are giving anti-depressants to newborn babies. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I guess the diagnosis is that the babies are crying right after being born, so they must be depressed and therefore require psychiatric medication?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 98,00.html

Marijuana's not the only victim of the war on herbs. Even such plants as the seemingly harmless dandelion have been targeted.

Consider this for a moment please. Why there is such a genocidal zeal to eliminate the harmless dandelion from the racially pure lawns of North America?

Why are dandelions considered such a nuisance, while their closest relative the sunflower gets a passing grade? Is it because we have been told that they are 'ugly'? Are sunflowers that much more attractive?

Can you make wine, beer, coffee and salad from a sunflower the way you can from Dandelions?

If you look up the botanical name of Dandelion it's 'Taraxacum officianalis'. This is Latin for 'The official cure'. It got this name because dandelions were used to cure a wide range of ailments in the Ancient world.

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/d/dandel08.html

In order to try and eliminate the hideous dandelions from our lawns, it's the petrochemical industry to the rescue again. The recommended procedure to eliminate dandelions is to spread this horrible petrochemical defoliant onto our lawns, where it makes it's way into the water supply.

As a result, many people (especially children) are developing chemical sensitivity to these poisons, and can't go outside at all during the spring without getting sick from all the chemicals idiots are using on their lawns. Some towns and cities have tried to ban the use of these chemicals, and have decided to just let the dandelions grow. These municipalities came under extreme pressure from chemical manufacturers and citizen's groups to make it mandatory to have the dandelions removed from municipal lawns again.

It's not just the human beings that are suffering though, it's the bees that are dying as well. Dandelion pollen is an important part of the honey bee's diet. As a result of herbicides designed to eliminate the dandelions, we are also killing off the domesticated (Italian) honey bee. Even if you don't like honey, bees are an important carrier of pollen to help fertilize thousands of other important plants in our ecosystem such as fruit trees for example. Very, very important.

Cat Piss

Incidentally, I don't think cat piss works to throw off dogs. I saw an episode on Mythbusters where they tried this.

http://www.mythbustersfanclub.com/mb2/c ... ew/215/27/

One thing that DOES work very well though, is the urine from a female dogin heat (or other canine species). It smells incredibly rancid, but it drives the dogs bananas.

Here's where to get the scent. Try coyote or wolf, they are both canine species:

http://www.inheatscents.net/timsboar2.html

I'm not sure it will stop the drug sniffing dogs completely though, it just throws them off for about ten minutes.
professorzed

Postby mk-ultra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:43 pm

ari_gold wrote:hi Queen,

one of our friends was arrested at the Dome last year as well. He was grabbed by 2 BLM officers and handcuffed immediately for smoking marijuana. he was then coerced to be searched which then resulted in them finding illegal substance on him. he was later booked in Pershing county. he's out on bail like ur bf and he has retained a lawyer. he retained a lawyer that is familiar with such cases. the lawyer is very experienced but he comes at a price. if you want to discuss this in more detail, pls post your email address and I will have him email you directly. he's in a very similar situation as ur bf, but he has a lot of info he can share with you. dont panic, the best thing to do is talk to several laywers before deciding to retain one. also go to this link
www.lawyersforburners.com

Just wanted to point out that your friend wasn't "coerced" into being searched if he was arrested for smoking pot.

It's called "search incident to arrest" -- and it doesn't require the consent of the person being searched. The police can also search in the "grab area" around the person being arrested.

This is why it's never a good idea to carry a smorgasbord of drugs on you. You may get popped for something silly, like smoking a joint -- and then wind up with multiple felonies if they find other goodies on you when you're arrested and searched for the pot smoking.
mk-ultra

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:06 pm

When an arrest is made, no warrant is required to search the person, or vehicle in connection with that person. Up until the mid 80's the police could also search hotel rooms and private homes if they were adjacent to the arrest i.e. in the driveway,as you come out, etc. Now it requires a separate warrant. Vehicles still do not require a warrant. Your person is definitely fair game.

SEARCH INCIDENT TO LAWFUL ARREST - A search is reasonable, and a search warrant is not required, if a search is conducted as an incident to a lawful arrest.
Under this exception to the search warrant requirement, an arresting officer may search only the person arrested and the area within which that person might gain possession of a weapon or might destroy or hide evidence.

See also Terry -vs- Ohio foundation of the Terry Stop. Terry stops allow an officer to stop, detain and search a person they (the officer) believe is about to, is or has committed a crime. i.e. Get seen smoking pot (or insert probable cause here), get arrested. Get arrested - get searched. Get searched and more evidence which the court has held to be admissible can be gained by the state for other crimes.

Google search also:

Terry -vs- Ohio
Weeks -vs- United States
Carrol -vs- United States
Gustafson -vs- Florida
Chimel -vs- California

All these cases deal with search incident to arrest.

So one angle will come down to the search being conducted before or after arrest. If the car door was opened and a search was conducted Pre arrest you may have grounds to exclude. If it was after arrest, there is no hope. IMO it will come down to the officers word.

"Officer was the search made prior to arrest or post arrest" asks Defense attorney in open court.

"After" responds the officer regardless of when the search was made.

They will also attest to Miranda being advised as well. Plea it down as best you can. Or get a good attorney - the public defender given you will have 45 open cases and will have no zealous defense in mind.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby edeveber » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Yikes, drug sniffing dogs.

I'd better wash all my stuff before I come, of course I am not going to bring anything illegal but I wouldn't want the cops taking all my stuff apart or trying to arrest me because a dog picked up some residual weed smell on something I own.

That is kind of scary.
edeveber

Postby gyre » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

If a case gets thrown out, the search could be invalidated, dogs are virtually useless and all searches can be challenged.
This is why they ask for permission.
I once opened my trunk for a drug interdiction stop in texas and still specifically refused permission to search.

It amazes me that people are worried about Obama and gun rights, when the real threat to gun rights, if any, is due to bushys steady and calculated gutting of constitutional rights, which may set a precedent to be used against gun owners.
We have a long way to go just to get back to twenty years ago.
Thank you morons, for putting up with this.

Another traditional approach, and I can't think of the term for it, is to spread drug scent everywhere possible, including leo vehicles, etc, etc.
Overload any dogs present.
They are very sensitive.
So sensitive that tests prove they cannot distinguish between normal background drug scent, say on dollar bills, and something unusual.

I have heard of pepper working.
i can't vouch for it, but only birds are immune.
Pure pepper.
Available damn near everywhere.
Makes a crude but extremely hearty stew too.
I'm thinking tear gas might work too.`

Edit: Removed image link that was causing authentication popups
gyre

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy