Drug Scene

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:55 pm

Wish I had ever had enough to be "done" with it. I've only tripped twice!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Flux » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:41 pm

Angry Butterfly wrote:Wish I had ever had enough to be "done" with it. I've only tripped twice!

Well, we'll just have to remedy that! <sticking foot out in front of AB>
Flux

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:10 am

Lydia Love wrote:I think I'm finished with LSD on a rather permanent basis. The recovery period ('specially at BM) is too much for me to handle anymore. I'm getting too old for trippin anymore.

However, the perfectly legal combo of booze and caffiene made me *very* *very* happy this year.

/

I carry my "happy" with me at all times. Dont need any more "good shit"
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby alice » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:50 pm

sobriety sucks.

i'm off the pain killers and the speed.

jesus, do i ever hurt.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.
alice

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:18 pm

alice wrote:sobriety sucks.

i'm off the pain killers and the speed.

/
I'm getting used to it now. Been clean for 41 years.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby SED » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:26 pm

In my experience, most people unfa,iliarwith Burningman think it's about drugs and sex. And it is, but if it weren't about a whole lot more than that, why would we bother?

You can get high or drunk anywhere.

Of course, I've been loaded most of the time I've been at BRC. Maybe I was too fucked up to notice, but my impression was that far fewer people were screamingly out of control than at your typical large sporting event.

I think the desert just takes it out of you. The physical landscape demands so much from your system that you have to keep pumping in the dope just to keep up a buzz. There are also enough people around, most of the time, who are interested in looking after others that the bad overdoses or drunken acts cruelty doen't happen with the intensity and frequency you'd expect.

As far as cops go, they are like sharks. They react to aberrations in their environment and atypical thought patterns. They are looking for trouble, not just your stash. The key to successful drug use is to be discreet. IMO, there's nothing oppressive in having to do that. It just makes us more mindful of our actions. Not everyone should be fucked up all at once. I mean jeez, we're there to run around naked and play with fire.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy