An act of true kindness - you saved my burn..

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

An act of true kindness - you saved my burn..

Postby furrball » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:54 pm

Saturday pm I left my Camelbak in the loo at (I think) Dogma and 6:30. When I found out I realised that the only thing keeping my alive plus my wallet and camera were gone - which quite upset me.
I was sulking in my camp half an hour later when to my immense relief, my buddy walks up carrying my gear.

The guy who had found my stuff had called him up on the radio clipped to the bag and handed it over in toto.

I think he was from Opera camp (6:30 and Esp.) but when I scooted by on the way out, I couldn't find it and no-one seemed to know where it was.

So, altruistic burner guy, I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my first burn even better than it was already. I can see that the people who come here really do look out for others. Not only did I have a (literally) mind blowing time, I also regained my faith in the goodness of others...

...If you're 'the' guy who did this, or know who found my stuff and got it back to me, please get in touch, I'd love to thank you personally.

*incredibly tired but incredibly happy*
furrball

Postby barbu » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:19 pm

the sheer number of retrieved items, hearts, and faith in humanity that i experienced are innumberable (redundant?). thank you to all of you that took and take the extra step, looking out for your fellow burners, returning things that seem lost beyond all hope.....love, love, love
high on the hilltop...
barbu

Postby bgirl » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:41 pm

8) Good to hear positive experiences,of which I am sure are many, lets hear some more.
bgirl

Return to Politics & Philosophy