can I #*%& in your camp?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Mistress of Mirth » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:15 pm

Our camp had the feely box and because of that there was a lot of charged up sexual energy all around us. We had a couple couples who asked if they could have sex on our couch or chairs (at night) and because we too used the couch for sleeping I asked them to use what they wanted except the couch and try and just clean up any messes they might make. One couple just moved on and another just went back into the feely box and enjoyed themselves. Everyone was great about not leaving condoms or anything else behind. Our camp was really open to anyone stopping by and having a sit in the shade or just to rest at night, the only time we had problems was when we would 'catch' someone behind the bar helping themselves. I agree with other post about just asking...I never turned down anyone who asked, but the guy who just came into our camp and decided to pee on our cook stove got a rude awakening when I showed him that girls can hurt you too :shock: I have found that most people are shy about asking for anything, so this is a great place to practice. Yes we did have to ask a few people to leave because they got agressive with the feely box but by far it was a very low percentage.......
Mistress of Mirth

kitchens......

Postby KurtRuckus » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:35 pm

Juju wrote:If they'd gone at it in my kitchen chillspace tho, there'd have been a problem.

That reminds me of a few years ago when "The Bubbler" (iblowbubbles.com) decided that sitting in our kitchen while he applied talcum powder to his sac would be a good idea.
It wasn't.
KurtRuckus

Postby shuranuff » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:45 pm

oh my god! the visuals! bwahhahahaha!
shuranuff

Re: kitchens......

Postby nymphgonebad » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:08 am

KurtRuckus wrote:That reminds me of a few years ago when "The Bubbler" (iblowbubbles.com) decided that sitting in our kitchen while he applied talcum powder to his sac would be a good idea.
It wasn't.

let me guess....he ended up with talcum powder everywhere but his sac?
nymphgonebad

careful application

Postby KurtRuckus » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:20 am

His application efforts were careful enough that talcum powder didn't go everywhere. I was aghast that someone would invite himself over for a visit to our kitchen while we're eating, sit down, and start applying talcum powder to his balls in plain view of everyone. Ewwwww, hey, we're eating here!
KurtRuckus

Postby shuranuff » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:31 am

maybe it was an invitation.
shuranuff

Re: careful application

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:10 pm

KurtRuckus wrote:...I was aghast that someone would invite himself over for a visit to our kitchen while we're eating, sit down, and start applying talcum powder to his balls in plain view of everyone.

Maybe that was cocaine?
PJ

Postby III » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:52 pm

i don't get it. it's not like he was scrubbing his sphincter with a toothbrush, after all...
III

Postby Tiara » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:21 pm

I think that there are a lot of clues given by camps about where they welcome guests, versus where they consider private. . .

Many domes and other large structures actually have signs near the door that say "welcome" or "please come back later" or other variations of those themes.

People/camps that welcome company generally have lights, sound, or other activity to lure visitors in. . . and "company" implies that at least one of the hosts of that space should probably be in the vicinity.

Most camps arrange their space with interactive elements and large "public" structures near the street. I've always assumed that they prefer strangers not to wander among tents at the back of their spaces--I know that I feel uncomfortable enough to question people I don't know when I find them wandering near my tent, or among the "homes" of my campmates.

And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't dream of attending to any of a variety of "bodily functions" in someone else's kitchen/dining/food prep area.
Tiara

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:23 pm

I was camped at authority and riddiculus at the love project. we had an art project my girlfriend made called the 'chapel of temptation' it was a large chapel structure that was a mix between a vegas chapel and a church. inside it was all red and had velvet style curtains and glass windows and several large photos of jesus statues that were extreemly sexual. to top it off there was a bed with red velvet bedding and fuzzy pillows and of course there was a mirror over the bed. we changed the sheets once a day in the morning. there were poems all over the walls written in the 16th century by nuns who were confessing theyre passion and love for jesus in a very sexual manner. photos below...

the short of it is....lots of peopel were fucking in our camp... oh the stories...

photos:
http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/ ... _night.jpg
http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/ ... chap07.jpg
http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/ ... apel12.jpg
http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/ ... chap11.jpg
http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/ ... chap10.jpg

glam_daddy

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:26 pm

glam_daddy wrote:...the 'chapel of temptation'

Nice. I would have gone in there just to think impure thoughts.

Where'd she get the stained-glass windows?
PJ

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:27 pm

they were found. my friend does construction and he came accross them in a place they were remodelling and gave them to me.

good find.
glam_daddy

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:30 pm

wait... do you mean the yellow windows with the cross hatch or the large windows that show jesus holding a sheep (dont get me started),.. because the jesus image that looks like stained glass is actually a slide projected on the white outer surface of the chapel..

i do light shows so i got all kinds of weird slides...

its a great and simple effect.

its the yellow windows we found at the construction site.
glam_daddy

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:33 pm

glam_daddy wrote:the jesus image that looks like stained glass is actually a slide projected on the white outer surface of the chapel..

i do light shows so i got all kinds of weird slides...

its a great and simple effect.

Looks great in the pictures. Clever.
PJ

can we #*%& in the lounge?

Postby retropsycho » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:34 pm

A couple years back a couple from our village had a wedding near our lounge. They proceeded from the ceremony to the lounge where they put couch cushions on the carpeted ground and shared their honeymoon with the wedding guest. There were a few drunks encouraging the action, but from the turned backs and the thinning crowd, you could tell that the show wasn't very popular. A B&D couple happened by, she on his dog leash, and decided that, from the look of things, this was an okay place to play. A guy happened by, joined the B&D couple. He asked for, and was granted a blow job from the leashed fem.

The next day large "F" warnings were duct taped on the cushions, until they were cleaned later in the day. It was kinda hard to look the village couple in the eye the rest of the event. I had witnessed sex shows at other camps, but I was much more comfortable when the partcipants were stangers to me. The wedding couple has never managed to return to our village, or I believe, to BM for that matter. Too bad. They were nice folks.
retropsycho

Postby angelface » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:37 pm

damn.. another very cool thing I missed.. hope you guys are back next year, would have love to have been "blessed" in that chapel.
angelface

Re: can we #*%& in the lounge?

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:39 pm

retropsycho wrote:...They proceeded from the ceremony to the lounge where they put couch cushions on the carpeted ground and shared their honeymoon with the wedding guest...The next day large "F" warnings were duct taped on the cushions, until they were cleaned later in the day...

I've seen workers from my city's water department spray-painting a blue "F" in the street, along with some lines and arrows. I always wondered what that meant. I figured it meant something in Spanish.
PJ

Postby Flux » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:58 pm

KurtRuckus wrote:That reminds me of a few years ago when "The Bubbler" (iblowbubbles.com) decided that sitting in our kitchen while he applied talcum powder to his sac would be a good idea.
It wasn't.

He must have gotten the message. He camped with KidsVille this year, and no testicle talcing was reported. Pretty cool guy, very trippy to talk to. He did a big show for the kids, gave away bubble stuff all week, etc.
Flux

Postby drowned_saved » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:41 pm

III wrote:i don't get it. it's not like he was scrubbing his sphincter with a toothbrush, after all...

please, if there be a god in heaven, say something cute and pithy about the benefits of a soft bristled brush.

i'm begging ya.
drowned_saved

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:21 pm

I like carrots AND toothbrushes.

hee hee
Ivy

Postby drowned_saved » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:51 pm

Ivy wrote:I like carrots AND toothbrushes.

so now i know what to bring to huntington beach on saturday.
seek and ye shall find.
drowned_saved

Postby shuranuff » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:10 pm

Tiara wrote:I think that there are a lot of clues given by camps about where they welcome guests, versus where they consider private. . . /quote]

clues are fun but they equal guessing which can equal cold water poured on your head. ding-ding-ding, you guessed wrong!

Tiara wrote:Many domes and other large structures actually have signs near the door that say "welcome" or "please come back later" or other variations of those themes.

yay! signposts for the unsubtle among us.

glam_daddy, sorry i missed your art project! thx for posting the pics.
shuranuff

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:16 pm

your welcome smileytoes... credit goes to my talented girlfriend. Maybe it will be back next year. we were to unorganized to burn the damn thing.
glam_daddy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:43 pm

so now i know what to bring to huntington beach on saturday.

I honestly don't think the upstanding citizens of the OC would appreciate my use of said carrots and toothbrushes.
Ivy

Postby shuranuff » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:47 pm

glam_daddy wrote:your welcome smileytoes... credit goes to my talented girlfriend. Maybe it will be back next year. we were to unorganized to burn the damn thing.

yes please! tell your girlfriend she has a fan.
shuranuff

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:07 pm

Ivy wrote:I like carrots AND toothbrushes.

If you have to choose one, pick the carrot. Toothbrushes do nothing for your night vision.
PJ

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:41 pm

I didn't know you could get your vitamins that way.
Ivy

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:05 pm

Ivy wrote:I didn't know you could get your vitamins that way.

Either from raw vegetables, or from multivitamin tablets. (Note that Flintstones brand has the best bumps and ridges. Especially Fred.)
PJ

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:40 pm

Either from raw vegetables, or from multivitamin tablets. (Note that Flintstones brand has the best bumps and ridges. Especially Fred.)

Ben-Wa Vitamins!
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby JezebelinHell » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:48 am

Wow, all those Flintstones vitamins we handed out at the last two burns seem horribly dirty now. We were handing out condoms too though...
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy