Titty Grabbers

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:04 pm

someone more eloquent than I wrote:In each man there reside two opposing personalities, good and evil...If each could but be housed in seperate identities, life would be relieved of all that is unbearable...It is the curse of mankind that we should be constantly at war within ourselves.
Alpha

Postby Jordan 10-E » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:20 pm

None of us can be responsible for all the people that go to Burning Man, but we can have some influence over the people that are closer to us. Burning Man is very tribal and and I think it is our responsibilty to educate and reinforce positive ideals to those that are part of our own smaller groups. If all groups did this there would be less bs to deal with.
10E
Jordan 10-E

Burning Since: 2002

Postby Chai Guy » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:23 pm

Something tells me that if an ass beating was the end result of more of these types of behaviors, we would probably see less of them.
Chai Guy

Me Next.... Me next...

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:28 am

Agreed...

mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Don't Beg.... I hate when you Beg...

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:31 am

I kinda like the Caning Idea the Chinese use for punishment. We should bring that to the US especially for non felony stuff. Graffitti would be a standard 25 lashes.

whippingly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:31 am

ha,

haven't seen this thread in awhile. :lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Re: Don't Beg.... I hate when you Beg...

Postby Silver 2 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:18 pm

Last Real Burner wrote:I kinda like the Caning Idea the Chinese use for punishment. We should bring that to the US especially for non felony stuff. Graffitti would be a standard 25 lashes.

whippingly,
mr smith

Years and years ago I had a T-shirt made that stated:

Bring back Flogging.
I like playing with fire.
Silver 2

Like what Alpha said

Postby theshaman » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:27 pm

Seeing what Alpha posted made me hink of a quote I heard from a very famous Yogi. Someone in one of his meditations was asking about sex, desire, etc.

Now you have to realize that this is a very well respected teacher with thousands of students all over the world. He peacfully replied to the student "Everytime I see a woman...I want to FUCK her!...then I remember, she is my daughter."

I think we all have an "inner yahoo" but thanks to the blessing of maturity most have it in check.

sounds like DangerBarbie has good people around her if things get stupid...I would also say for any woman who finds herself in a fucked up situation at burning man...Make a LOT of Noise....given the nature of the city you won't have to yell very loud to get the attention of someone who has not given in to the urges of their inner-yahoo

Even with 15 years of taoism and meditation....I would also agree that sometimes people just need to have the shit kicked out of them, and I am glad to oblige if I find myself in such a situation....I just figure it is thier Karma and my fist is the hammer of God...of course only as a last resort.

I also remember that Karma moves faster than lightning on the playa...if somebody isn't there to kick some ass...well that just means they get to deal with God directly...and She can be downright devious.
Buddha wasn't a Christian, but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist

Shaman
theshaman

Re: Like what Alpha said

Postby Simply Joel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:39 pm

theshaman wrote:Even with 15 years of taoism and meditation....I would also agree that sometimes people just need to have the shit kicked out of them, and I am glad to oblige if I find myself in such a situation....I just figure it is thier Karma and my fist is the hammer of God...of course only as a last resort.

I also remember that Karma moves faster than lightning on the playa...if somebody isn't there to kick some ass...well that just means they get to deal with God directly...and She can be downright devious.

sheesh
Democrats... snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, daily!

slap my salmon, baby
Simply Joel

free this, asswipe

Postby AntiM » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:33 pm

My first burn was 2001, and there was a guy with a "free mammograms" box around his head and a place to put your titties. Well, I'd just had a biopsy a few days before, and my tit was bruised and purple, hideous. You should have seen the asshole's face when I whipped it out and plopped in in front of him. He did give it a gentle little peck and looked properly stunned. Oh, nothing wrong with the tit that time around.

However! If I see him this year ... this year I really do have breast cancer. (Just had the biopsy last week and find out my treatment plan in two days.) Titty grabbers and fake mammogrammers prepare for some guerilla street theater right fucking now! Especially if I have to have a full on boobie removal, and I'm quite certain I'll be in a reeeeally bad mood if I have to do chemo between now and the burn.

whew, sure felt good to get that off my chest ...uh, okay, let me rephrase that .... sure feel like a big boob , uh, no, that's not right either ...

aw shit. I think perhaps I'm currently a bit on edge.

Aggressively,
Anti m
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby stuart » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:19 pm

be well M. We will see you and yer rack on the playa.
stuart

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07 pm

AntiM,
You and your breasts are in my thoughts.

It's funny but even though I have never even seen a burner in person ( yet ) or been to my first burn, I feel a connection to many of the people I've gotten to know on e-playa. You feel like my sister. With all my heart I hope you have good outcome with as little physical and emotional pain as possible.
Keep you black humor it will get you threw this.

see you on the playa
Steve
Zulegoona

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:07 am

We will see you and yer rack on the playa.

Well, maybe half a rack ....

and thanks all for the kind thoughts and words. I just have to start rethinking my costumes, they're mainly built around bras. Do they make eye patches for boobs?
AntiM

Postby Zulegoona » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:32 am

you might have an answer for the age old question : How can I carry water when my camel pack doesn't go with my outfit ?

Wait to see what your options are before cutting up your costumes.

Of course it could end up being a way to one up the folks at body-mod camp.
Zulegoona

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:20 am

Strap your camel pack to your thigh. Or your bike.

And yes, I'm waiting on optiosn.. but then I always need a good excuse for new costumes.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:22 am

AntiM--
Sorry to hear about your illness. Good luck and take care of yourself.
As for your costume problem, my idea is to make yourself (if you can sew of course) an obvious falsey. Silver Lame? Wild Purple Paisley? Embroidered with Stars? Of course that's only going to work for you if it works for you; it's what "popped" into my head.
Chukka[/list]
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:45 am

I love it! Purple lame with stars!!! The Bosom of Heaven!

Of course, I don't know yet that I'll lose a breast, I may get off with just a lumpectomy and meds or chemo. If I do have one off, It would be the left one, so much for my much desired nickname: "Lefty." Righty just doesn't have the same ring to it.

And here I was planning costumes to show off my surgery scar from the hemicolonectomy I had in January. Big red thing which zig-zags around my belly button. Geez, body mod camp here I come! Maybe my new theme song will be Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces."

Grab THIS drunken fucktards! I'll send the frat boys away screaming!

I gotch'er lump right here ...

Antim
AntiM

wow AntiM - you rule

Postby theshaman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:05 am

AntiM, I am very inspired by your post. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, 18 years with no recurrance. She had a lumpectomy and the whole kemo extravaganza.

It is very inspiring that you are already looking for new ways to accept your body and it's possible reconfigurations. We are not our bodies, they just happen to be the skin bags we are occupying at the moment. I have learned that from my son who was born with a rare genetic disorder...that he could give a shit less about. Even though his body is very different from most, his spirit is undeniably magic...as is yours.

If the surgery becomes necessary, you could actually make a sorta robotic boob. You could be like a really hot Borg chick! That would also work well with the big scar on your belly.

Peace to you and I send good energy your way, hoping that all these costume suggestions will be unecessary -namaste
Buddha wasn't a Christian, but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist

Shaman
theshaman

Re: Don't Beg.... I hate when you Beg...

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:19 am

Last Real Burner wrote:I kinda like the Caning Idea the Chinese use for punishment. We should bring that to the US especially for non felony stuff. Graffitti would be a standard 25 lashes.

whippingly,
mr smith

Maybe the Temple of Atonement needs to branch out to the "real world"

"Excuse me Mr. President, you have been a bad boy. Assume the position and prepare for atonement!"
dragonfly Jafe

Postby stuart » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:45 pm

cleaerly, if you loose your left one, you need to make a mythical amazon costume complete with bow.
stuart

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:47 pm

I did think of the Amazon costume, but the left one is the one with the tunor. So the right one will be left. I'm right-handed so that won't work. Besides, I'm shaped more like the Pillsbury Doughboy than Xena. There's a joke in there somehow.
Cannibal Women from the Baked Goods Jungle of Death. That's Just Not Right.
AntiM

Postby _tears_ » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:54 pm

It s sad that things like this happen, but there are so many different types of people at burning man there will always be the ones like that. Just remove them from the situation as best you can.

I have never been down right drunk, so i honestly cant say what could have been running through his mind, if anything, but i ahve delt with many drunks like that before, removing them is always good, but if need be removing yourself is even better.

What was a teenager doing drinking to that extent anyway and why were people allowing him to drink from there bar?.... that i do not understand.... But it was in the past and we can do nothing more but look forward.... it happend.... time to move on.

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:05 am

_tears_ wrote:I have never been down right drunk, so i honestly cant say what could have been running through his mind

Now you have a goal for 2004!

Most likely you will just pass out.

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Mithra » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:25 am

Love and Hugs to AntiM!

Grabbing some random chicks titties is sexual assult I'd wager, at the very least poor impulse control. If it were up to me I'd bounce the fucker right out the gate. The last thing I want is for women to feel like they have to be on guard at the burn. I won't get as many hugs :( That plus burners should be happy, very very happy.

How about we give them a quick shower in......florecent green ink. That way other women will be ware and people in general will know them for what they are and treat them accordingly. With the one rule being your judged by someone on E.

Mithra
Mithra

Postby BAS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:59 pm

Hmm. Wouldn't the correct response to having a tit grabbed be for the women to grab the guy's, uh, privates...? :twisted:
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Badger » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:03 pm

Wouldn't the correct response to having a tit grabbed be for the women to grab the guy's, uh, privates...?

With a pair of bolt cutters?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Badger » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:05 pm

How about we give them a quick shower in......florecent green ink.

Methylene green cell staining dye. Last longer.

And prettier too!
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Mithra » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:09 pm

Methylene green cell staining dye. Last longer.

Badger,
you bring the dye, I'll bring the delivery system. Why do I have the feeling you've done this before?????

Mithra
Mithra

Postby Badger » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:14 pm

Why do I have the feeling you've done this before?????

Because I have.

An old compressed air fire extinguisher filled with water and a few heaping tabelspoons of methylene green crystals. Shake and shoot.

Doesn't come off until the skin wears off. I figure that 's just about enough time for the perps to dwell on their transgressions.

NOTE: NOT an approved Ranger method of citizen engagement.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby BAS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:20 pm

And prettier too!

If it is too pretty, people might want to get sprayed.... :?
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy