Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Fuck!

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 am

BB, get on the Utah FB or yahoo group.... the Utah Arts Alliance has a big lot now at the new property.

Another thought: There's a truckstop in Sandy, and they're a pretty good bet for safe free parking. In a van, you can swap truckstops and they won't say much. And you can buy showers. There are several up in the north end of SLC to, Sapp Brothers and a Flying J just off 215.

And fuck.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Box Burner » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:34 am

Fuck. My fucking bank account was compromised. There is a charge to a gas station in Yorktown PA. Looks like they were testing the account. Appears to have happened right after setting up a paypal account. And I did that on a windows machine. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. goddam fucking microsnot widoze machines are never secure. I just don't have a linux box I can connect to the internet right now. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 am

Change your password and alert paypal, if you haven't already.
gyre

Postby Box Burner » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 am

I called paypal. will change passwords after virus scan completes. Fucking windoze machine.

Box Burner

Postby wh..sh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 am

Box Burner wrote:I called paypal. will change passwords after virus scan completes. Fucking windoze machine.

Fuck! Let us know when your paypal is good to use again.
Last edited by wh..sh on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby lazerfox » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:20 am

wh..sh wrote:
Box Burner wrote:I called paypal. will change passwords after virus scan completes. Fucking windoze machine.

Fuck! Let us know when you paypal is good to use again.

Ditto!!
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby Sail Man » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:50 pm

fucking double ditto
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Nipple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm

FUCK! There are too many offered ticket threads getting in the way of all of the other eplaya messages.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby wh..sh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Nipple wrote:FUCK! There are too many offered ticket threads getting in the way of all of the other eplaya messages.

Fuck! It's ok Nipple. Come and sit with the rest of us in the fucking corner.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby delle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Box Burner wrote:Fuck. My fucking bank account was compromised. There is a charge to a gas station in Yorktown PA. Looks like they were testing the account. Appears to have happened right after setting up a paypal account. And I did that on a windows machine. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. goddam fucking microsnot widoze machines are never secure. I just don't have a linux box I can connect to the internet right now. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Breathe.

This has happened to me twice. Both times I went to the bank and stood in a line comprised of what felt like the whole town......... We'd all been to the same store it seems -- and dipped our cards in a machine with evil intent.

Anyhow, both times they honoured the amount taken. Your card will be changed, (which can take a couple of days), but everything will likely be ok.

Keep us apprised of how it goes!!!

(and remember to breathe)
GYPSY! We need your opinion on this. STAT!!
delle

Postby Box Burner » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm

OK. I am fucking breathing again. I guess I owe an apology to microsoft. Well maybe not microsoft but avast. The bank confirmed that it was the debit card and not the account that was compromised. They evidently detected it and locked the card. I have never used my debit card over this machine. IN fact I haven't used the card in several months since there was next to nothing in the account anyway. Paypal confirms that everything is good on their end and the account is good to go. Sorry for freaking out, it's just been too fucking damn much lately.

Box Burner

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:29 pm

You're being tested because of your sig line!

It's great advice.

Please practice it as often as you have to. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby maryanimal » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm so glad everything is ok BB! I've had my debit card comprimised 3 times in the past 4 years. Each time my credit union caught it and I got my money back!! I love my credit union!

fuck credit/debit card theives.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Box Burner » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 pm

AntiM wrote:BB, get on the Utah FB or yahoo group.... the Utah Arts Alliance has a big lot now at the new property.

Another thought: There's a truckstop in Sandy, and they're a pretty good bet for safe free parking. In a van, you can swap truckstops and they won't say much. And you can buy showers. There are several up in the north end of SLC to, Sapp Brothers and a Flying J just off 215.

And fuck.

Looked into the shower thing and I think the best bet is a membership in the local community center here. Overall cost is a bit cheaper than buying showers at the truckstop even if we pay the monthly rates. And there 3 pools, weight room, exercise machines, etc. this center is really nice since it was upgraded for the winter olympics. (speed skating oval) hadn't thought about staying at the truckstops though, Fucking good idea.

Really don't want to post on facebook. I just don't fucking trust it.

Box Burner

Postby Sham » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 am

The community center membership also gives you a chance for some nice interaction with people. Seeing familiar faces there and having some friendly conversations are all nice. I have my small group of gym friends. I only see them there, but I've known them all for a long time now. My gym friends are very different than my burner friends. :roll:

Fuck!
Sham

Postby lazerfox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am

Fuck-ing glad things are ok BB!

And fuck, I need gym friends...
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby AntiM » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 am

I need to get back to the fucking gym now I have no external plumbing, but I don't want to activate the monthly fee until I'm back from Burning Man.

Fucking truckstops are a good bet. Just don't date the lot lizards.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby lazerfox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 am

Fucking agree on the fucking fees...I've decided the same about waiting until we get back...but I have begun to use my big fucking old hoop to exercise at home until then.
lazerfox

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 am

yeah, I miss the fucking gym. i stopped going when i got The Fucking Cough, but i didn't de-activate my fees, as I was certain it would go away any day. it finally went away when i was on vacation, out of town, a few days before i broke my fucking ankle.

it's been 2-and-a-half months since i 've been to the gym, and it'll be at least another one-and-a-half. i was making such progress on the weights, too :(
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 am

Catinthefunnyhat does not =Catwoman! :shock:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby OregonRed » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:03 am

FUCK! This year was supposed to be one of my closest friends (She's my oldest daughter's step-mother, and we literally raised JekJek together) first burns, but now, right before we're supposed to leave, her finances have gone to shit. She has a Fire Conclave ticket and just had to spend the money she'd put aside for that and gas on her son. I know that this kind of thing happens, but it blows so hard.

I don't have any fucking money to give her or I would (although, I am still working on it). Neither of us knows anyone with any kind of disposable income, or we'd just beg. FUCK! I know it's inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but she's watched me go for twelve years and has had to wait for her youngest to be old enough to leave behind for a week. I love this woman so much, and it's just fucking wrong that we got everything lined up so that she could finally come to the Burn, and now everything has gone fucking sideways.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 am

Fuck, [[OR]].
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Box Burner » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Been looking for fucking cars. Everything is out of my price range. Found a nice chevy van that looks like a factory conversion to a mini-motorhome. That would be perfect. Big enough to live in, small enough to drive every day. And it would actually be cheaper to insure than the windstar (just liability). Go figure. But it's $3000.

Fuck. Keep looking. Just a van that has been partially converted would do. The ability to cook inside the van would be nice in the winter. It could even be fucking ugli as long as it runs good.

Box Burner

Postby pink » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

That's a good price. It looks like it's in good condition. I have a Dodge Ram Horizon van conversion, and I paid $2k for one that is a lot rougher than that one appears. And the fridge needed to be replaced. Mine has a bigger area over the cab and is the extended wheelbase model, so there's room for a shower too.

I love my van....and it is totally sweet to burn in.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I think they're asking way too much for such an old truck.

I found a hardshell foldup for less here, like those foldup canvas campers, but much nicer and expensive new.
Keep looking.

If you can find an rv repair shop with storage, you may find some for sale.
Sometimes asking around at regular storage places turns up some for sale.

I've seen class Cs sold by RV dealers cheap off the lot, because it isn't pretty enough to put with the other ones.
Went by to see the prettier stock.
No deals there.
gyre

Postby pink » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Well it is a Chevy rather than a Dodge....
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby MikeGyver » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:40 pm

I agree with Pink, Just checked camper vans in my local Craigslist and they all look like crap for 2-4k the one you show looks to be in pretty good condition if everything works it would be great,
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
MikeGyver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby Oldguy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I got my 71 GMC 28 footer from a dealer,( he took it in as a trade-in). Not fancy, but served me well
Image current moon
Burning Man is an exercise—indeed, a challenge—in balancing cooperation, self-reliance, individual expression, and creative collaboration in the formation of an artistic community. E. Britannica
Oldguy

Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Postby Box Burner » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 pm

It had a shower, toilet, two burner stove and refrigerator. Already fucking gone though. Don't have near enough for it but though I would inquire.

Box Burner

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Most of the houses I look at are way higher than market too.
You can't go by asking prices.
Half the stuff on cl is priced by delusional folks.
The other half sells.
Check actual sale prices.

Also, looks like crap, doesn't always mean crap.
I chose my van for it's cosmetic flaws.

I hear rvs in the california area go far higher than other parts of the country though.

They're not as comfortable as a van, but a pickup with a topper is handy.
I love my ranger.
gyre

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion