Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Fuck!

Postby Elorrum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:A general fuck.
And an observation. Parkinson's and Alzheimer's seem to be mixed up in this fucking conversation.

Lewy body dementia, and Parkinson's dementia somewhat fucking similar. Night terrors, halucinations, freezing like all the power just goes off.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby unjonharley » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:A general fuck.
And an observation. Parkinson's and Alzheimer's seem to be mixed up in this fucking conversation.

It's more about home care. and taking care of parents..
unjonharley

Postby TinkerMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Also because of the fact that we all have or know some one that has either issue.

We then all know what each of us are going through, we are all on the same page and thought
process. Which helps a lot.

oh and fuck.......
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!
TinkerMom

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity BDC

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

fuck. being a pedantic ass again.

Sorry.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby winebuff » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Fuck, this is a sad thread. Tinker mom, I have a BIG hug for you when I meet u in Reno! Went through 2 yrs of hell with my mom when she was dying with lung cancer, yes from cigarettes. Can relate somewhat. Make sure to take care of yourself. The trailer out back is perfect to go just for quiet time.
winebuff

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Skichick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Holy cow, Batman.
The origional Batmobile sold for a fucking $4.62 Million!
:shock:
Skichick

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:25 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:fuck. being a pedantic ass again.

Sorry.

no no no ... you saw something that didn't seem to jibe. I get that. no fucking worries.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby Roark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Ack. I found-out Friday that my dearly beloved F250 Super Duty diesel is no more. Swallowed a lifter, scrammed the low-pressure oil pump, spiked six of the injectors, and that's all she wrote. $9 grand to replace everything broken. So it's going to the Great Parts Bin In The Sky.

FRACK!!!! FRACK!!! FRACK!!!
Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nation’s laws. ... S.J. Perelman
Roark

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Roark wrote:Ack. I found-out Friday that my dearly beloved F250 Super Duty diesel is no more. Swallowed a lifter, scrammed the low-pressure oil pump, spiked six of the injectors, and that's all she wrote. $9 grand to replace everything broken. So it's going to the Great Parts Bin In The Sky.

FRACK!!!! FRACK!!! FRACK!!!

which fucking engine?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Roark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:15 pm

The fookin' 6.0, aka "The abortion".

Now.... finish the cut. Slay me deeply. Go ahead and ask me the YEAR. (Hint: It's a 2003 1/2, in other words, it was the penultimate freak from the very height of the folly known as the Ford Six Point Oh). :evil:

Replaced (in the last 8000 miles): The turbo, EGR cooler (twice), turbo vane actuator, FICM, EGR valve, control pressure regulator, alternator, high-pressure oil pump, plus a few other bits. Total: about 8K. My mechanic ADORES me. He cried harder than I did when the death sentence was passed. (Poor lad. He has one kid in college and another one hot oh his heels. He was hoping to use me as his meal-ticket).

So yeah. Nuclear bummer. Next up: Cummins (diesel) or Toyota (gas). Guess we'll see! :mrgreen:
Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nation’s laws. ... S.J. Perelman
Roark

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 pm

damn........well fucking that!
I have a 12V cummins and a 7.3 Ford super duty. all I drive is diesel, my car is a fucking old MBZ 240D.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Roark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Would LOVE a 7.x, but I think I'm done with the whole diesel-drama-pickup-truck-thingie for a while. To a diesel, "love" = "work". They want to be worked, as in really worked, but most of my driving is virtually unloaded. About the only exception is when I'm hauling a draft horse or a cattle trailer. And it's all flatland here, so there just isn't an opportunity to let it stretch it legs down low on a hill and be a proper tub-thumper.

In consolation however, I have an ancient Listeroid, a JD4045-T6, and a couple of 20KW Isuzu gensets that will keep the smell of #2 Red in my nostrils for a long, long time. :mrgreen:
Roark

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

Fuck Yeah! I'm going to be a creepy Uncle!

My sister, according to my mom, is pregnant! This is the same little girl, whom I, personally, taught the lyrics to "Where Eagles Dare" by the Misfits. Whom I took to Gilman St. at the tender age of 9, to teach her how to paint graffiti! Whom I would wake up at 2am, to kiss her older sister, because she fucking hated being kissed.

[media]
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby graidawg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm

TomServo wrote:Fuck Yeah! I'm going to be a creepy Uncle!

My sister, according to my mom, is pregnant! This is the same little girl, whom I, personally, taught the lyrics to "Where Eagles Dare" by the Misfits. Whom I took to Gilman St. at the tender age of 9, to teach her how to paint graffiti! Whom I would wake up at 2am, to kiss her older sister, because she fucking hated being kissed.

[media]

wrong fucking thread i think but still i fucking like this. creepy uncle is a much under claimed role.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

graidawg wrote:
TomServo wrote:Fuck Yeah! I'm going to be a creepy Uncle!

[media]

wrong fucking thread i think but still i fucking like this. creepy uncle is a much under claimed role.

Wrong fucking thread!? You say it as if "fuck" is a bad thing!

TomServo

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:58 pm

FUCK! I could have taught her the words to this fucking song!
[media]

TomServo

Postby Sunbeam56 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 pm

I had the flu 2 weeks ago, and just can't get any energy into anything. I'm emotionally flat - sort of like being lobotomized. Intellectually inefficient - oh, yeah, I got that (30 minutes ago).
The muscle aches are incredible - much worse than the usual getting old crap.
Any I have no drive other than to find another excuse to sleep some more...

This will NOT do.
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Postby Box Burner » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

drink some fucking orange juice and coffee. I don't recommend mixing them though. Unless of course you like to mix them! :P
Also may need to increase your intake of liquids in general. to get rid of the muscle aches.

usually works for me.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Sunbeam56 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Advil and a glass of Chardonnay does it for me. :)
Does contribute to the ennui, tho.
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Postby TomServo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

FUCK! Our cat just clawed my belly button! First wound there in 41 years!

TomServo

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

Sunbeam56 wrote:I had the flu 2 weeks ago, and just can't get any energy into anything. I'm emotionally flat - sort of like being lobotomized. Intellectually inefficient - oh, yeah, I got that (30 minutes ago).
The muscle aches are incredible - much worse than the usual getting old crap.
Any I have no drive other than to find another excuse to sleep some more...

This will NOT do.

Sunbeam! You had the actual fucking infuenza, the kind that fucking kills people,and this post-acute exhaustion phase is both quite typical and a reason for the high fatality rate in all the historic epidemics. :!: Please take good care of yourself until you feel ALL better. Not kidding. INFLUENZA KILLS PEOPLE. THAT'S WHY WE FUCKING VACCINATE.

TomServo, please wash your wound with soap and water. Fuck..

[/nurse]
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Roark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am

MDF: Sunbeam thinks she is SuperGirl. Or the Energizer Bunny. :mrgreen: Thanks for the rant because it reinforces what I have telling her. (heck, I had to fire her twice just so she would go home and rest. Fookin' stubborn, I tells ya!)

No worries about it killing her. Heaven doesnt want her and Hell is afraid she will take over. 8)
Roark

Postby ^Rhino! » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 am

Fuck.

Lost another one here at work, a guy I knew from the 'good ol' days' when we used to play fast and loose down by Florissant Rd. in St. Louis

He was a good man, and was the best backup man we had in a tandem truck, working out of the old Normandy building. He set things up for a major traffic control operation down near Lucas and Hunt Roads that went like clockwork for our crews. We were on I-70 at 9:00 a.m with one lane closed until 3:00 in the afternoon. When he said it would be ready at 9 a.m. it was ready. We shut down and were pulling off at 2:50 so he could clear things before rush hour.

It was during a summer of blood, sweat, and tears that I took over as project manager on a job that was 6 months behind. I didn't need any more hassles than we were having (demoralized crews, haphazard job planning, and lawyers with attitude). Clay kept his people doing their very best despite it all. He was an example for me to point at and say, "Clay gets it done.....take your cue from him!" He was underpaid, but much appreciated by all. Clay, buddy, the next shot of tequila is in your honor. Thanks for all you did for us. Remember how we finally brought that job in? 3 weeks ahead of schedule. We couldn't have done it without you. You will be missed.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2013

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
^Rhino!

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby ygmir » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 am

^Rhino! wrote:Fuck.

Lost another one here at work, a guy I knew from the 'good ol' days' when we used to play fast and loose down by Florissant Rd. in St. Louis

He was a good man, and was the best backup man we had in a tandem truck, working out of the old Normandy building. He set things up for a major traffic control operation down near Lucas and Hunt Roads that went like clockwork for our crews. We were on I-70 at 9:00 a.m with one lane closed until 3:00 in the afternoon. When he said it would be ready at 9 a.m. it was ready. We shut down and were pulling off at 2:50 so he could clear things before rush hour.

It was during a summer of blood, sweat, and tears that I took over as project manager on a job that was 6 months behind. I didn't need any more hassles than we were having (demoralized crews, haphazard job planning, and lawyers with attitude). Clay kept his people doing their very best despite it all. He was an example for me to point at and say, "Clay gets it done.....take your cue from him!" He was underpaid, but much appreciated by all. Clay, buddy, the next shot of tequila is in your honor. Thanks for all you did for us. Remember how we finally brought that job in? 3 weeks ahead of schedule. We couldn't have done it without you. You will be missed.

fuckin bummer. so sorry....sounds like a swell fellow.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Zhust » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Fuck. Couldn't get my shit together (much less a team) enough to write a solid art grant proposal this year. Had to call it dead for this year earlier today. So fucking close. I guess that's the risk of shooting for doing the actual goddamn temple.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist
Zhust

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Postby Sunbeam56 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Went to the eye doctor today. Need glasses. :(
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Sunbeam56 wrote:Went to the eye doctor today. Need glasses. :(

Okay *cough* because I like you, I will offer you the following alternatives:

Sunbeam56 wrote:Fuck. Went to the eye doctor today. Need glasses. :(

Sunbeam56 wrote:Went to the fucking eye doctor today. Need glasses. :(

Sunbeam56 wrote:Went to the eye doctor today. Need fucking glasses. :(

Sunbeam56 wrote:Went to the eye doctor today. Need glasses. Fuck. :(

Because, IIT you need to include the word in every post.

And before anybody suggests she move this discussion to DAMMIT BILL, I will say that my fucking glasses cost more than 500 fucking dollars, so, fuuuuuuuuuuuck that....

(((^Rhino)))

(((Zhust)))
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Sunbeam56 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am

You are SOOOOO fucking correct. :)
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Postby TomServo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:04 am

"Fuck" is the best word in the human dictionary! Is a documentary on the word. Think it's called.....um..."FUCK". You all should probably watch it!

TomServo

Postby Rice » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am

Fuck - I am not patient today!!! I had a job interview yesterday and am waiting to hear if I got the job. Not my dream job, but a job that will give $$ ... Hurry the fuck up!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion