Rest In Peace

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Das Bus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:14 am

Noelle,

I have a couple of pictures of you father from the '02 Meet & Greet. If you'd like copies, PM me your snail mail.

Hang in there. We're all here for you, and it would be an honor to meet you at BM. We'll all take care of you. Just let us know.

Love,
Lora
Das Bus

Postby karine » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:58 pm

Noelle- If you need any help, advice, or suggestions, et cetera with your ideas of coming to the playa- let us know! We will definitely be here for ya on that one!
karine

Nipples

Postby Squidly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:24 am

I'm Pete's sister, Linda and I'll be at Burning Man this year. I'd love to meet his BM friends; I know how much you all (and BM) meant to him.
Actually, I'm only beginning to realize what an amazing guy he was and what a wonderful group of friends he had in all of you.
We spoke often over the past few years about going to BM, but never quite got it together. Well, it sure makes me wish I had pushed harder and also hits home about the urgency of NOW.
So this one is for Pete. What a kind, gentle soul. I truly believe he'll be there with us!
Please let me know how to hook up and if there will be some place or time for some kind of a remembrance. I can't wait to hear the stories. I'm sure there will be quite a few.

Thank you all.
May there be peace, love and joy in your lives.

Linda
Squidly

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:28 am

Linda Squidly, be sure to make the eplaya meet and greet on Thursday night at 7;00 in the Barbie Deathcamp and Wine Bistro, a part of Wheeee!Ville village.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gigglesnort » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:39 pm

Squidly Linda and Noelle, what a blessing to have known Peter (Nipples!), even so briefly and pixelated as it was! His words were such a puzzle and a pleasure to read.
gigglesnort

Postby Sensei » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:40 pm

Hey there Squidly and Noelle! I am very much looking forward to meeting you both on the playa this year. I'll e-mail you a picture of my camp and how to find me.

Peter was very much admired by all of us for many reasons.
Sensei

RIP Nipples

Postby Rob the Wop » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:49 pm

I just made the effort to actually read this thread.

Wow. First PJ and now Nipples.

Noelle and Squidly- I had never met Nipples in person, but he was one of the most memorable personalities on this board. He really stood out as a unique and caring soul. He will be very much missed.

I suck at haiku
but I would try for nipples
rest in peace, my friend

a creative mind
coupled with a gentle soul
cannot be replaced

we see his spirit
alive with quirky humor
and heartfelt poems

forever with us
captured with text and pictures
on the eplaya

though a voice silent
our community was built
with your smiling prose

without your color
our group canvas would have been
a dimmer picture

but go now skywards
armed with a smile, pen, and jest
and make the gods grin
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby Ivy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:43 pm

First PJ

Dude, PJ's not dead!

Take back your bad juju!
Ivy

Postby Sensei » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:38 pm

What Ivy said. PJ is still PJ, which is the way we like it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Sensei

Postby spectabillis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:55 pm

FYI: there was a request to open up the oldbbs to pull Nipples posts out. Unfortunately this close to the event the techies are either out at the event or cant do it this close to it. I know, that really sucks, and I personally dont want to be the one to deliver the bad news since I did not know it was no longer available and I want it. I am very sorry and wish there was something I could do.

But the good part is people can still manually search for them through google, I was told it is archived there, just never tried it.

Fuck I hate this.
spectabillis

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Noelle and Squidly...

If you can make it, you will find many, many open arms. Peter touched a bunch of people very deeply, often with only a few words. But they were the right words and that was his style. It would be an honor for you to be there and I think you’ll find all the help you could need within this community.

Please do come if you can.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Rob the Wop » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 pm

Ivy wrote:
First PJ

Dude, PJ's not dead!

Take back your bad juju!

I know, I was meaning something happened to him- not that he was gone. I didn't even find out about that until someone pointed me over to the 3playa.
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby Ivy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:18 pm

But the good part is people can still manually search for them through google, I was told it is archived there, just never tried it.

Google search will pull up the references, but the links are still invalid.

I've not tried the Way back Machine, or whatever that thing is, dunno if that would work.

While I understand how this would be low on the priority list this time of year, there are people interested in using some of those posts for a project at the festival this year, and I think it's pretty shitty that they're not accessible--especially since some of us have been asking for this to be fixed long long before any of this recent stuff happened. This could (and should, imo) have been taken care of long ago. It shouldn't have to take the death of a friend to get something done, ever.
Ivy

Postby Sensei » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:50 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:I know, I was meaning something happened to him- not that he was gone. I didn't even find out about that until someone pointed me over to the 3playa.

Well, maybe if you spent a little more time chained to your desk at work and goofing off on the 'net instead of driving up and down Hwy. 101 trying to start a one-man-Deadhead-caravan, you'd know this stuff. Sheesh!
Sensei

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:35 am

Sensei wrote:
Rob the Wop wrote:I know, I was meaning something happened to him- not that he was gone. I didn't even find out about that until someone pointed me over to the 3playa.

Well, maybe if you spent a little more time chained to your desk at work and goofing off on the 'net instead of driving up and down Hwy. 101 trying to start a one-man-Deadhead-caravan, you'd know this stuff. Sheesh!
I have come to admire Rob the Wop's ability to substaintially turn his back on the event and it's accompaning e-parifinalia rather than keep himself miserable by stirring up the dust where he no longer is. That's a healthy attitude, dude.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Kinetic IV » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:54 pm

R.I.P. - Former ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby saint_al » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:02 am

Peter Jennings blew the story of our lifetime with his UFO special last February. At least he gave some free publicity to...

http://www.nuforc.org
"New Dawn Fades" feeds me.
saint_al

Location: Carterville, Illinois (Our anagram: ILL EVIL IN SOIL CRATER)

Postby robotland » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:28 am

It pleased me to discover that he was a highschool dropout....My granddad used to say, "Thermometers have degrees, and you know where THEY get stuck sometimes!"
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Ranger Genius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:53 am

saint_al wrote:Peter Jennings blew the story of our lifetime with his UFO special last February. At least he gave some free publicity to...

http://www.nuforc.org

That's ridiculous. His coverage wasn't perfect, but he did at least try to be somewhat unbiased for that story. Shermer and a couple other sceptical thinkers got to have their say, which is satisfying. The woowoo witnesses were given a little too much credence, though, a discussion of the phenomenon of Confirmed Believer Syndrome, for instance, would have been enlightening for a lot of people, but hey. Criticizing Jennings for sticking largely to evidence-based reporting in that special (you know--like a good journalist should) is completely uncalled-for.

Fingunt simul creduntque
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:54 am

I didn't see the special people are referring to above. But I will never forget the man. When 9/11 happened I was seriously freaking out as I had family close by and friends in the WTC North tower....and I ended up watching a split screen of CNN and ABC that day. And ABC was the main screen. There was something about Jenning's voice that I liked...I can't explain it. And on 9/11 that voice helped calm me down.

Out of the three network anchors he was my favorite. Brokaw was a bit too stuffy for me, Rather...was just whacked in the head and I'm glad he "retired". But Peter left a bit too soon, IMHO. He will be missed and his passing marks another milestone in the evolution of broadcast news.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby shitmouse » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:18 am

Paul Conely, Playa Pete's nephew was killed in a car accident last weekend. best wishes go out to you PP and your family. very sorry to hear this...
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

nipples

Postby foamin' at the mouth » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:44 pm

Oh, I just found out about Nipples! I am so sorry.
I often heard the sorrel nag (who always loved me) crying out, ..."Take care of thyself, gentle Yahoo."
foamin' at the mouth

Location: that fishing village designed by interior decorators

Postby robotland » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:25 am

R.I.P. Robert Moog, who died yesterday- Inventor of the magnificent Moog Synthesizer. Everybody turn "Switched On Bach" up to eleven, or compose a mournful ode on your Theremin.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Stilesfamily » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:32 am

I did not know Nipples, I feel I have missed knowing an extraordinary human being, my deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

I would like to say goodbye to my wife’s DCIS (breast cancer tumor) in her left breast. It took 2 tries but we finally got you, you little shit. I will shed no tears for you.

Gabilicious, sexier than ever
E Tu Brute?
Stilesfamily

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:00 pm

I would like to say goodbye to my wife’s DCIS (breast cancer tumor) in her left breast

Right on... and good riddance too!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:41 am

To those good men and women who died in Irag because of the lies and deception of the Bush Administration and those that supported them!

And Nipples of course!!!! And Moog- without you tripping would never have been the same!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

PJ

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:29 am

Passing this information along, as I thought there were some people here who might like to know:
(originally posted here: http://3playa.cultureshark.net/?view_th ... start=1133)

September 8, 2005

It is with deep saddess that I announce the death of Patrick "PJ" Mosier.

He is survived by his wife, 2 daughters, sister, brother, mother and father.

Vaya con Dios, mi amigo.
Ivy

Postby PurpleKoosh » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:13 am

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby geekster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:22 am

Moooo, motherfucker, moooooo.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby Lydia Love » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:46 am

I want, quite a bit, to go back to the first interactions I had with both Nipples and PJ. I miss them.

Unfortunately those interactions are on the old eplaya archives which are no longer available to us.

I have just sent a PM to Spanky. If you are also interested in reading some of PJ and Nipples' old posts, would you please PM Spanky as well? Reopening the old archives would be a generous act on his part, and much appreciated.

Politeness counts, of course.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion