GREATEST BASEBALL FANS IN THE WORLD?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:57 pm

It's not really Joel. It's some recycled Army robotic posting program that didn't work in Desert Storm.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 pm

All Star Game

I don't care who the pitcher is. Your have got to be almost shitting in your pants facing the hitters on each side. It's just a matter of how long they let you stay in the game

Go America(n) League
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 pm

AL wins 12 years in a row

It was a real tight game Mariano makes another record for the books.
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Probably the best dueling pitching contest in Boston/ Yankee history tonight.

8th inning Zero to Zero

AJ Burnett and Josh Beckett

Titans clash!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 am

There's no joy in Mudville. Dodgers and Yankees again? Christ.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:26 pm

It's baseball

You know it ain't over till the fat lady sings in October
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby MG34 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:25 am

If the Twins don't make it(really fat chance), I'd like to see an LA vs. LA series.
MG34

Postby Green Wood » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 pm

MG34 wrote:If the Twins don't make it(really fat chance), I'd like to see an LA vs. LA series.
could one consider that would take place in, LA, LA Land!

This can an unpredictable messed up game. Red Sox dominate the Yanks in the first two series in a sweep. Now the Yanks sweep the Soxs. What a bunch of overpaid in consistant spoiled brats- both teams- Bums! I really liked the pitching duel the other day. Thought this game was going to turn out the same. But poor Andy, who has been pitching great, has not won the games he should be because the team hasn't been putting the numbers up for him. He didn't need much!

Boston, well they look as lost as the yankees did in the first half of the season. It can happen again to the yanks. Boston secret is to get Ortiz hitting again. I think that will happen now that he has spoken out and report that the supplements taken in 2003 and earlier could give false positive in tests! He unlike, A-Roid or Manny has said sternly that all he has taken were supplements. Baseball needs to get over this steroidphobia. Remember baseball has banned all performance drugs while football hasn't done a thing to stop it.

Will it take a congressional act to do so?

I think so until then it's unfair all the sports that have banned the drugs!

Like I said before, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and that ain't for another two months!

AIIZ
I might be green, but I can burn brite with the help of my playa friends!
Green Wood

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:40 am

Well lets see if the Bronx Bums can pull it off tonight?

Will Aroid be the new and only Mr November?

And ever wonder why the Dominican Republic has so many good baseball players:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/sports/baseball/25dominican.html?hp
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:01 pm

My curses will go with the pin striped devils, naturally.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Well onward to the series, Bums Win! Angels stranded too many runners, and too many errors. Rivera was too dominate!

All said, it was one of the best series in post game history keeping everyone on the edge of their seats and no one was leaving the stadiums in LA or NY!

Now the Phillies! I hope this will be a good 6 or 7 game series- it's going to be a long winter- already started in the northeast two weeks ago!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Well onward to the series, Bums Win! Angels stranded too many runners, and too many errors. Rivera was too dominate!

All said, it was one of the best series in post game history keeping everyone on the edge of their seats and no one was leaving the stadiums in LA or NY!

Now the Phillies! I hope this will be a good 6 or 7 game series- it's going to be a long winter- already started in the northeast two weeks ago!

AIIZ

Zeus, nothing, I repeat "nothing" ever will or ever had or ever did, come close to 2004 and you know who....
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 pm

cowboyangel wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Well onward to the series, Bums Win! Angels stranded too many runners, and too many errors. Rivera was too dominate!

AIIZ

Zeus, nothing, I repeat "nothing" ever will or ever had or ever did, come close to 2004 and you know who....
I must say that was a GREAT series to watch!!! Not to say, Boston History being made! Don't know what happened to them this years, injuries yes especially with pitchers!

But I still Can't believe this one is going into November!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:23 am

Ahhhhh Sabafatso...too bad dude.......Way ta go Phillies!!!!!
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Pedro will ice them dice them roll them and smoke them, in their billion dollar palace of misspent illusions....
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Hey, I found my baseball thread buried under 50 pounds of eplaya dust....well,

GO SF GIANTS!!!!!!! Ya! Another underdog story to stew the naysayers in their putrid excrement.

Just found out from my mother in law that they're good friends with former Red Sox great Trot Nixon! Trot was on the great 2004 Red Sox team that came from behind the Yankees 3 zip to take the 2004 pennant and then sweep the Cards. The SF Giants are a great young team with a super hot dope smoking pitcher, other bushy bearded fearsome pitchers and a bunch of guys who live in town and frequent local establishments. Just gotta love them.

Eat Shit Joel. Baseball saves America every time!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I predict the Rangers take the Giants in 4, in the World Series.

I do like Buster Posey though, and hope he gets rookie of the year.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:35 pm

4 catman? 4? Come on. Bro. We will eat Texas for breakfast, lunch and dinner and yes. we will mess with Texas. I love Texas btw. Spent some serious time in Marfa. Love the Big Bend.
cowboyangel

Postby Cheyenne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 am

I hope the Ranger kick the Yankees Arses to be honest...

Even us from accross the pond that actually understand the rules of Baseball hate the Yankees..

Cheating wankers!

so, er, even though they aren't in the post season....

GO TIGERS!

Ps - on a more BM related note...

My partner says his ambition has always been to play a proper game of baseball in the USA (since he is totally obsessed with it and bends my ear about it all the time - he even subscribes to MLB TV on British Satellite TV for all the stats etc)

So... would there be an opportunity to get a full scale baseball game going with umpires, coaches, pitching coaches and crowd? Playa-ball... we can use jumpers (sweaters) for boundary and foul ball markers and general create some kind of mad-max style ball game!

Claire

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 am

I've been yaping about that for years. I'd come back to the playa for a great series......republican burners against the rest of us, rangers against dpw,
nudists against non nudists, women against men, illegals against unwanteds....
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm

How about our GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm going out on a limb with that prediction. Rangers in 4.
If its Giants vs Yankees, I'll take the Giants. I actually wanted the, dare I say it? The Dodgers. But since they could'nt win to save their ass, I was pullin for the Reds. And look where I'm at now.
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
Thecatman

Postby Thecatman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Congrats to theTEXAS RANGERS! :P
Thecatman

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:59 pm

The best teams deserve the series. Glad Texas is there. Now we beat the Phillies and all the asshat sports columnists who favored them.
cowboyangel

Postby Bob » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:15 am

We're just happy to be in the show.

I make no predictions other than the Yankees and DVD Burglar will still suck in November.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:46 am

Baseball is a sport of superstition. This is often not talked about and then, mostly in movies. I did a special ancient fire ceremony for the 2004 Red Sox.....that broke the stupid Bambino curse...now I do it again for the 2010 SF Giants. Go Giants...superstitions and all.
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 am

Just a little rant on my part about how crappy baseball has gotten.

Yesterday, in 1975, the Red Sox won game 6 of the world series against the Reds on a Carlton Fisk home run in the 12th inning at Fenway. Game 6 was in the books before Halloween.
At this moment, no one knows knows what teams are to play in the world series this year with the exception of the American League. Reggie Jackson has been nick named Mr October for his heroics in the world series against the Dodgers. Primarly because the series was started and ended in October. Back then.
With expantion teams, inter league games, (which to me are useless and should'nt have a bearing on the standings) forming three divisions forcing the lenghthy play off days, now the series does'nt end until November.
Next thing you know the world series will be played in a warmer climate like the super bowl.
I'll always follow the Dodgers and choose who I hope wins the series based on the teams playing, I'll always be a fan of the minor leagues over the majors, but the sport is getting to commercialized. IMHO.
Thecatman

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:55 am

Crappy Baseball? I read that and immediately thought you were referring to the Kansas City Royals, which are run by the former CEO of Wal-Mart, David Glass...need I say more? But you were referring to other things...and I got sidetracked.

I kinda like the idea of a November series...if the Rockies get in they could end up playing a light snow game at Coors Field. I think that could be fun to watch. But beyond that I agree...it's too drawn out and for the most part I tune out the playoffs. Couple that with the fact TBS's announcers are horrible and the only playoff game I watched so far is the last 2 outs of last night's game. TBS makes the CBS NFL D - Announcing team look good and that's saying something.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Thecatman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Kinetic V wrote:if the Rockies get in they could end up playing a light snow game at Coors Field. I think that could be fun to watch.

That'd fun to watch, I agree but more than likely the game will be postponed. Was'nt the first game or two rescheduled this year in Colorado, at the start of the season, due to snow? The Triple AAA games start in early April and most of the teams are in areas that can get snow in April: Reno Aces, Colorado Sky Sox, Salt Lake Bees, Omaha Royals, Columbus Clippers, Albuqurque Isotops etc.
The announcers suck. They use the term NLCS/ALCS like that was always used. Until a few years ago, it was always called the playoffs, as you mentioned.
My wife is really into the Phillies/Giants match up tonight and maybe tommorow
hoping the Phillies take it
Thecatman

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 pm

GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cowboyangel

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion