GREATEST BASEBALL FANS IN THE WORLD?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Clemens wrote: I don't need the Hall of Fame to justify that I put my butt on the line and I worked my tail off."

I guess he can say that since it was his tail butt that took all those injections.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Who do you believe:

Clemens

McNamee

The more clemens spoke the more you didn't believe him.
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Roger probably told the guy that he didn't want to know "what" was being injected. That way he could truthfully say he didn't knowingly take steroids. The local retired border officer here in Marfa TX still thinks that's "lyin".

If he puts on a Yankee uniform again and steps on the field anywhere but New York..the fans will vote in their special way.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:28 am

Are you really in Marfa, TX. Isn't that were they saw UFO's about a year or two ago?

I don't think Clemens will be back on the mound for anyone anymore. Without the steroids or growth hormones, their body ages really quick. Remember what happened to Marion Jones. As soon as she was off them she didn't even make the cut for the Olympic team whereas she dominated the team just a year before. Barry Bonds became half the hitter he was when he was off.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:00 am

yup, yup and yup
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:31 am

I'm sure you asked about the UFO's. What have you heard? Do you believe it was extraterrestrial?

If you meet them and they ask you to take a ride ask if you can take me along- PLEEEEEEASE!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:39 pm

The most recent UFOs where sighted near Susanville TX quite far from me...about a days drive. Marfa is famous for Jimmy Dean-Giant and the Marfa lights...some type of as yet unexplained atmospheric effect. I'll go with the cautious approach at first and always keep, my mind open for more....will film and post the lights if possible within next 2 weeks or so....I'm up to my ears as usual.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Yes, its that time again when the robins have return. The grass is getting green and the spring flowers are breaking ground.

It's base a ball all over again.

Red sox taking the lead, yankees dwelving into the middle. Ticket prices up a few more bucks and beer running about $8-$10 a pint! 100 years and the white soxs wonder if it will another century before its their time. but its cold and the pitches aren't quite as finessed as in the sweat of summer. Hard to cut the corners now. best to square it a little more solid inside the imaginary box. You're gonna win big or get slammed.

But its all worth it because its baseball season again!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:03 pm

...and don't ya know that ole Joel just loves that!

Well, Joel, if it's any consolation to you, shootin is the favorite sport in Texas!
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:21 pm

It's the second edition of the Bean town Soxs vs the Bronx Bombers (as in Bombs out) on right now. it's a game of catch up for the Bombers. Sox went up 3, Yanks catch up, yanks go to 5, Soxs catch up and go to 9. and that's were its at in the 5th

BoSoxs took the first series 3-0 just three days ago!

This is the last series between the two until JULY 3rd!!!

Can you believe it- July!!!

Let's see what happens because THIS IS BASEBALL!

Yank come back in the second half of the 5th to tie. Its 9 even and Lugo throws the ball away to first and two bronx runs score. Its Yanks 11-9

And Jetter is at bat and he hits a softie to U-Kill-Us and he's out at first by a step. two runners left on Base.
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:11 pm

I was born hating the Yankees
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Oops, the last series was sox 2-1

Got to give the yanks some credit.

Soxz being shut out in the 7th inning that means Rivera should be coming up to close out in the eight. He has an amazing ERA 0.0 for 9 innings and leading the American League Saves All-Time Records. Your looking at at a positive Hall of Famer

as opposed the Clemens, who might not be elected at all to the hall of fame.

Timlin closing for the Sox...

Jetter back at bat and hits a single, ARod hits an double, Ore-Hey Posada hits an outfield double. Two runs score. Its Yanks 13-9, Timlin having trouble with speed. Steroid-jawed. Giambi hit his first double to left field all year. Two more runs score- 15-9 now.

Chad Moeller hiting .449 comes to bat... A rookie yank hit a blooper for an out... he's now a .381 hitter... Reality is setting in, he's no Ted W.

Change sides

Now that the yanks have a 6 pt lead, Rivera may sits the closer out.

He does and Brian Bruny wins his first save.

The two greatist teams of all time are now tied 2-2

A another Great American Game.
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:01 am

Joel
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 pm

It's game two of the Bosox-Bronbombers series.

Manny Ramirez, a future hall of famer, hits two HOMER SIMPSONS! Doh!

Pushes Bosox to the top. (He can play on my team any day! He's born a New Yorker babe, But I hope he stays with the Sox. CowboyAngel. bet he didn't grow up hating the Soxs, must have had Dodger blood in him, by the way, my cousin used to pitch for the Dodgers then came the Korean War and suck up his baseball career!)

Boston spanking the Yanks for their win last nite.

Eight inning. (Sorry, I was enjoying a nice bottle of wine and missed the beginning, I'll catch up with the replay show)

Josh Beckett pitching flawless. Retires 8 yanks in a row. Takes them out with only 8 hits for eight innings. One walk! And only Three runs. Can't get better! Wicked!

U-Kill-Us hitting .375 Wicked BAD!

Papelbon comes in to close facing Steroid Giambi. He's out!

Ore Hey Posada comes in. He hits liner for his first multi base hit against Papelbon ever!

Cano come to the plate.

Wild pitch and Posada goes to third.

Bos leading 7-3

Here comes the pitch and its a pop up, no play on Cano's foul.

It's a tense game, only a two game series.

Its a hit to Lugo and he gets the out at first, but Ore-Hey scores. It's 7-4 Bosox.

Solo Home Run for Melki Cabrea. Its now 7-5 Bosox. No one it leaving the stadium in the ninth.

Anything is possible!

Matsui pinch hits, comes to the plate.

Strike three, He's Out!!!! Game over! Boston 7-5

Boston Leads 4-2 against the Yankees in games this Years!!!!

Boston and the Yanks should meet at least once a month for three game- Forget da'bout it! Wicket Bad!

Baseball! Every TV Producer Hates it. Why because it has no time limitations. In the days, before there was a thing called, light bulbs! Only the Sun limited the game. It could go on for days and some times it did!
Then Radio came along. It only enhanced the game with the talents of the the announcer. Radio made it MAGIC!

Baseball, Get IT!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Boston takes the first two games and Yanks are leading in the beginning of the third game

Will "the two best teams in baseball" as Quoted by Ortiz split or will the Sox take it all?

And if so, will Giradi go the way of Bernie Williams at the season midway?

Baseball is the best!

A Hussein Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:55 pm

It's the Ninth Inning, Yanks 2 Boston 0

The greatest closer in baseball history is pitching to end the game for the Yanks- Mariano.

Bosox get the first man on base, mariano hits manny and now two on base.

Lowell gets a hit and a man scores: 2:1

another bosox get hit by Mariano. No Way!

Now the bases are loaded!

A pop up goes foul!

No outs!

STrike out and there goes Coco Crispys

Bases still loaded
2 balls
a pop up and out!

Here's Lugo up to bat

Bases still loaded

Yank fans are trying to find their voice

Here 's the pitch a strike lower corner
Logo goes for a ball inside- strike two
Here's the pitch and strike 2-2
Two out and Lugo strikes out.

Yanks Win its Bosox 2-1 for the series

See you tomorrow for the final game

eplaya baseball fans!

A Ruth Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am

I'm still high on the Celtics. Boston always thrills the crowds, even when they're skidding.
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:12 pm

I just read the Seattle Mariners are banning the sale of peanuts in a few sections of the stadium out of sympathy for those who are allergic to peanuts. I mean if somebody know they're allergic to peanuts and willfuly eats some...
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:34 pm

...and soon people will be allergic to cell phones too....check out the latest articles about them...oh and granite counter tops too. I'm allergic to republicans.
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Now "Take me out to the Ballgame" has to be changed. Can't buy "peanuts and crakerjak".
Thecatman

Camp Name: alone

Postby thirt33n » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:46 pm

baseball

see?...even sounds silly
blow.
thirt33n

Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Highball then?
cowboyangel

Postby thirt33n » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 am

......then YES. :lol:
blow.
thirt33n

Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Christ now what am I gonna do when Manny appears in a Giants game?
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:09 am

This all seems so new to me! What happened in Boston to make him sour on the Reds?

Though, the rest of the eastern american league is happy to see manny go to the national league

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:34 am

You know this may be the first time the yankees don't make it to the playoffs in about 12 or more years! Boston is making it.

and

Torre is going!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:29 am

Congrats to Boston for making it to the playoffs.

I know I'll be cheering for them!

On another note:

The last days of Yankee stadium are here and Oh so those memories!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/sport ... f=baseball
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:49 am

Boston blow Cubs down 4-1!

replacement for Manny does his job with 2 run homer!

Way to go!

I was stuck watching the game is a noisy bar. the place really suck and did not have food. I ordered a pizza that cost $22 fucking bucks for a Medium pie!

Dodgers over power Cubs 7-2!

Torre and Piniella two of the most winning active coaches in the game with two of the best teams, but I gotta support the Cubs and Lou!

We'll see?

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:53 pm

It's been lonely here without Cowboyangel comments especially with the Red Sox doing what it takes to win another world series.

I look forward to hopefully seeing a Boston- Dodger world series.

It be like a competition of Old Red Soxs against the New Red Soxs team!

It would also confuse allot of boston fans as to which team are they really cheering for- I know that I will be looking forward to seeing Omar, Manny and the rest. Omar was always my batting champ. It was Sad to see get injured and get traded.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion