The Bar

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: The Bar

Postby bigbluedoggy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Ah I see. Well I will remain here, as I have, and ignore the other imposter bars. Not really on here as much these days anyway. It was such a nice surprise to see the Shadow in corporeal form :)
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Ranger Genius » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:27 pm

This place looks familiar. What's on tap these days?
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby lemur » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:33 pm

this burning man shit is stressful

wheres the booze at
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Hm. So not true.

(Thanks, jk)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elderberry » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 pm

:) you're welcome.
Funny I rarely visit the bar. I just stopped in to say that this thread has so many views my iPad thinks it's a phone number. :shock:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby magicmarty » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm soooo confused ... is this Da Bar in its latest iteration? I think not, but what's a guy to do??? Need a bit of certainty in this virtual life.
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Postby Thorormr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:21 am

magicmarty wrote:I'm soooo confused ... is this Da Bar in its latest iteration? I think not, but what's a guy to do??? Need a bit of certainty in this virtual life.

As was said earlier (and confirmed my suspicion) Da Bar was accidentally deleted. The spam flew fast and furious during the Burn and I recon the mod on duty pulled the wrong trigger. I'm sure once the regular mod staff has decomped a bit we'll find out if it's restorable, or just need to move on.
I have discovered the ultimate question to life the universe and everything. "Does it burn?"
Thorormr

Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Little Pony's Saloon and Flop House

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 am

I'm going to maintain that it blew away in a whiteout! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby magicmarty » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm

It is now Da Bar #4. All clean and shiny

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Thorormr wrote:As was said earlier (and confirmed my suspicion) Da Bar was accidentally deleted. The spam flew fast and furious during the Burn and I recon the mod on duty pulled the wrong trigger. I'm sure once the regular mod staff has decomped a bit we'll find out if it's restorable, or just need to move on.

It's non-restorable, so there's a Bar 4 now. Just like on the playa, you can never have too many places to share a drink with friends. Unlike on the playa, here you can do it in all the Bars at the same time!

(it wasn't so much that I was the "mod on duty", just that I was the first one back from the dust. We're pretty much all on duty whenever we log in)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Savannah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Eric wrote:
Thorormr wrote:As was said earlier (and confirmed my suspicion) Da Bar was accidentally deleted. The spam flew fast and furious during the Burn and I recon the mod on duty pulled the wrong trigger. I'm sure once the regular mod staff has decomped a bit we'll find out if it's restorable, or just need to move on.

It's non-restorable, so there's a Bar 4 now. Just like on the playa, you can never have too many places to share a drink with friends. Unlike on the playa, here you can do it in all the Bars at the same time!

(it wasn't so much that I was the "mod on duty", just that I was the first one back from the dust. We're pretty much all on duty whenever we log in)

Hmmm . . .

I'm envisioning a "Four Corners" Bar on the playa now, 4 square bars, adjacent to the last inch, with 4 themes. One could try to put a body part in each (hair counts!) and/or hold onto a central ecdysiast's pole, lean one's mouth into the four bars sequentially and collect 0.25 shots per bar, close mouth, shake head.

"Dignity . . . always dignity."
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Savannah wrote:
Eric wrote:It's non-restorable, so there's a Bar 4 now. Just like on the playa, you can never have too many places to share a drink with friends. Unlike on the playa, here you can do it in all the Bars at the same time!

Hmmm . . .

I'm envisioning a "Four Corners" Bar on the playa now, 4 square bars, adjacent to the last inch, with 4 themes. One could try to put a body part in each (hair counts!) and/or hold onto a central ecdysiast's pole, lean one's mouth into the four bars sequentially and collect 0.25 shots per bar, close mouth, shake head.

"Dignity . . . always dignity."

Ruh roh. You know these kind of thoughts lead to action around here...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Savannah wrote:"Dignity . . . always dignity."

*snort*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby Elorrum » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I worked in a large photo lab that had a revolving door to the darkrooms that was lightproof. perhaps a barstool could be placed in such a revolving arrangement, placed directly at the nexus of the four bars...
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
Elorrum

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 pm

you guys are treading on thin ice.......

indeed, it was nice to see "The Shadow".......and I had hoped he'd be back.
I still see no problem with more than one bar. it's named different. different atmosphere, etc............there should be plenty of room to play, for all.
Yup, this is the original.........and yup, there is stuff here, that can not be repeated, due to death and loss......and it's as it should be. But, I just see no problem with another place, too.
I see no disrespect, from anyone towards this Bar, or any other. None.
Now, if a person thinks it's "their game" to play, and make the rules, well, I could see it from that side.
But, that's not Eplaya, IMHO.
Here, we can all play, and talk, and bitch and scream, in whatever thread we want.
I hope, our wiley "Shadow" will give some thought, to playing. If he only wants to be here, I know folks will come, just for this special brand of ambiance.........and maybe also the other bar, for the same reason.

now, as to Savannah's idea, about swirling around a pole, getting 1/4 shot (about 7-10 cc's), or a lovinspoonful, from each. That, seems a wonderful game in and of itself, no?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby gyre » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm

There are a lot of deleted non-spam posts since the burn.
gyre

Postby gyre » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

gyre

Postby Znobyzom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:23 pm

No game Fuck rules~
Wholly fuck ~It’s like teaching a 3 grade class…..
The Bar 2
Da Bar 3
The Bar 4
Have all been copies of this bar. Then people cut and paste{ IP} right from this bar. Nothing new or original.
Doc pryo’s wine bistro
Ygmir Viking bar
Eric’s Bar
Are not copies…. Can you see one of these are not like the others

The copies are Not new bars.
Then this one is hidden back pages deep.
Old members come in, Only to find the bar hijacked and buried pages back with ever changing reasons why people are doing it.
Why the segregation when you say all should get to play?
EGO
Fun at someone’s else expense is not fun for me. And it’s not all can play. It’s just not me.
Go ahead sever the never ending story that was The Bar. You have done it for years now ~
My statement stands “”Shakes head ... Fucking ass holes that hijack this bar. Bar 4 my ass walks out door never to be seen again~ fuck you””
Ygmr I got a Game for you. Next time I see you I am going to kick you in fucking the nuts. For making me waste more time here explaining this You have been warned Game on~ Smiles~ everyone relax their Snark ……..I had him fluffed and he needs a kick in the nuts~ Snickers~
My path is else where. Do what ever the fuck you want~ just remember you are excluding members of this bar when you make copies and hide them pages back.~

Throws a fist of 200 jokers in the air making a flurry of dust and cards around Mozy Bonz~
All 200 land on edge joker facing out
Slips back to the shadows as they fall~
imagines proiiciatur per civitatis ... semitam meam patet ~
Znobyzom

Postby Mojojita » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

I am completely in the dark about the multiple bars issue - but I know for a fact that I miss me some Mozy.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby littleflower » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 pm

dangit Moz....er, Znob ... i like this bar. it feels different ..... it is different ..... if you keep it alive, it will thrive, with its own personality, its own clientele. i, for one, prefer this bar. i like the other as well, but this one's special... a little bit darker, more mysterious, less predictible. it's your bar ... just be your amazing self, accept the competition, and we will not let your bar die.

try to kill the other bar, insult everyone, claim that there is only one way, and we must desert you.
littleflower

Postby Znobyzom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

From the shadows~
Fuck ....It's not my bar. It belongs to people that came here Long before I.
...........people no longer with us…. Some are dead some are just missing or lurking They exist with in these pages.

Smiles~ Sexy women~ gets me every time.

I give up~ Bye
Znobyzom

Postby littleflower » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:07 pm

you help keep the elders alive, silly .....

and attract new ones .....

it is not your bar, but you are the current proprietor, and its greatest draw .....

please stay
littleflower

Postby burner von braun » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:16 pm

*nearly stumbles over an errant electric cord in the dark, plugs it into an outlet, and an old neon sign stutters back to life*
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Znobyzom wrote:No game Fuck rules~
Wholly fuck ~It’s like teaching a 3 grade class…..
The Bar 2
Da Bar 3
The Bar 4
Have all been copies of this bar. Then people cut and paste{ IP} right from this bar. Nothing new or original.
Doc pryo’s wine bistro
Ygmir Viking bar
Eric’s Bar
Are not copies…. Can you see one of these are not like the others

The copies are Not new bars.
Then this one is hidden back pages deep.
Old members come in, Only to find the bar hijacked and buried pages back with ever changing reasons why people are doing it.
Why the segregation when you say all should get to play?
EGO
Fun at someone’s else expense is not fun for me. And it’s not all can play. It’s just not me.
Go ahead sever the never ending story that was The Bar. You have done it for years now ~
My statement stands “”Shakes head ... Fucking ass holes that hijack this bar. Bar 4 my ass walks out door never to be seen again~ fuck you””
Ygmr I got a Game for you. Next time I see you I am going to kick you in fucking the nuts. For making me waste more time here explaining this You have been warned Game on~ Smiles~ everyone relax their Snark ……..I had him fluffed and he needs a kick in the nuts~ Snickers~
My path is else where. Do what ever the fuck you want~ just remember you are excluding members of this bar when you make copies and hide them pages back.~

Throws a fist of 200 jokers in the air making a flurry of dust and cards around Mozy Bonz~
All 200 land on edge joker facing out
Slips back to the shadows as they fall~

oh Mozy.........really? a kick to the nuts?
dang.
see, a threat, is a threat. I do take them seriously. and, as you recall, I saw you, well before you "ambushed me" on playa.
please, if you are not going to carry this out, announce as such, when you approach.........

I might wonder, why I'd be the focus here.......I did not create any of the new "bars".......and I patronize all, and love this one.
why, oh why, is it so difficult, to have two, or even more, bars? it's just like in town, we go where we want.....and know who'll be in any one place.
I come here, knowing certain folks, with certain personalities, will probably be here.....
hell, if we sat here in the morning, made coffee and discussed flowers, I bet you'd be pissed about that!
or posted cartoons.
you'd probably ramble about how this bar is for whiskey and cigars, banjos and the blues..........and point at the plaques for those departed, and say they'd not like it.
So, we do that elsewhere.
I'd say this bar, gets a lot of respect......I see, when an "OLD TIMER" posts here, many of us flock in, just to say hi or discuss whatever. and the traditions here hold fast.

so the fuck what, if people also chat in other places? So the fuck what, if someone, not knowing how it offends you as an individual, buts "bar" in the name of their place........they don't call it "the bar"......they purposely denote it as different.

are you threatened, by the fun taking place elsewhere? I can't imagine that's true.
and the flavors you , and others here bring, do not exist elsewhere.

and, how is anyone hiding this bar, pages back?
if you mean, that every conversation, not suited for other threads, should only take place here?

you well know, that if all the stuff that goes on in the other bar threads, and elsewhere, were to go on here, you'd be having a conniption fit!!

you are a fun, entertaining and witty person.......we all have our quirks.
so, if you don't want this bar to "die" (which I can never see happening anyway), then, as we are all so fond of saying:
This is a do-ocracy........* take the bull by the horns, and post here, every day......others will join you, and you can be the Jackie Gleason of this bar..........and it will be fun, and it will be good. Don't sit and stew, because others won't do what you want them to do......do it yourself!! Do it, for those folks you refer to, that deserve it. those gone, or lurking.........you know you can keep this bar on the first page easily, with a post every other day or so........or are you too busy, and want someone else to do it?

I have never had ill will towards you....never would I think to threaten you, in any way.....and it is painful, that you have done so.
When we met on the playa, it was so nice to see you..........and you made statements, that I took as honest and real.
Perhaps, I am the biggest fool of all.

These words I share, are from me, only. It might be, others agree, I don't know.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby tisha2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 pm

<pops up behind bar in dusty cowgirl hat with a bottle o maker's in one hand and a case o icy cold pbr's in the other. lines up a long row of shots and pops a few tops>

jesus fuck. shut up and drink, fuckers.

<slams a shot and shotguns a cold one>

aaahhh!! that's bettah.

best. burn. ever. too much love in this bar for all this bitchin. i officially amend the original rules stated in post #1 to include article 4 section 20: "more drinkin, less bitchin."

now git er done. i could drink all these myself, but tomorrow me wishes i wouldn't. :wink:

hey! did anyone see our Thugboat? or my boys' Lighthouse burn? it took 10 gee dee hours!!!!!

and i know i ERP'ed more than a couple of you.... tell me some stories!!!!!!
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby bigbluedoggy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm

*Dog looks up from the rug, gives a deep harumph and goes back to sleep*

Life shouldn't be this hard.
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby tisha2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 pm

<sets a doggie bowl of pbr on the rug next to the harumphing heap, and leaves with a scratch behind the ears.>
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 pm

* sidles up to bar, downs a shot of makers*
thanks Tisha......

Hey BBD.

yeah, to serious.........I'm good with just drinkin, havin a laugh or two, and some hijinx.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby magicmarty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Maybe a bit of lowjinx as well, if I know you, YG

(((LF)))

Stay firm but loose!