The Days Of Anna Madrigal

All things outside of Burning Man.

The Days Of Anna Madrigal

Postby 1durphul » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:26 am

So I'm about halfway through the final Tales of The City book "The Days of Anna Madrigal" and it is all about Burning Man. I'm at the part where they are in line to enter Black Rock City. Before the characters depart for the event there is talk of real camps at the event, including Ashram Galactica and a few others. I saw Armistead Maupin (the author) at the burn last year having a drink at Celestial Bodies. So he's definitely been, and is writing from what sounds like a virgin's first time excitement perspective. I'm looking forward to reading of fictional characters interactions with real life camps. Some friends who are farther along say that the camp I belong to (Comfort & Joy) has several pages devoted to it. I started reading Tales when I was in college in So Cal before I moved to San Francisco. It romanticized SF for me, and made it seem magical. To find something I've directly been involved with getting a mention in a Tales of The City book feels like I've met some life goal I didn't even know I had.
1durphul

Return to Open Discussion