The Bar 2014 Edition

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: The Bar 2014 Edition

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:59 pm

I call bullshit!
So many of my very favorite burners won't be there this year!!!
*sad fox*
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur @ 2:45 & C

Postby Patsh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

burner von braun wrote:Owww Patsh. I think you were on your recent North American tour, when I mentioned here that I'm going to have to skip a year this year. I sure am looking forward to seeing you again, we had a fine talk last time, but dang, it will have to be 2015 for me. Sorry if I made it seem otherwise. I'll certainly miss seeing you and the rest of the gang in person.

*opens a bottle of Kentucky Bourbon, takes a swig*

..until then..

Hhmmmm... seems, now, it's all coming back to me. I guess I knew that, and wishful thinking just took over. Fooey.
But, you know what they say, "Next year was better!" :wink:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby Ratty » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 pm

foxfur, I was just thinking about you. You're coming? right? The void is always filled by NEW friends.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Ratty

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:48 pm

RATTY!!!
I was just talking about you, reminiscing about the time we spent together in the back of the Shuttlecraft Galileo.
(I won't explain it for the audience, gives 'em something to talk about...)
And thanks for the perspective. I love new friends!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Foxfur wrote:RATTY!!!
I was just talking about you, reminiscing about the time we spent together in the back of the Shuttlecraft Galileo.
(I won't explain it for the audience, gives 'em something to talk about...)

Oh, my. :D

And thanks for the perspective. I love new friends!

BUT ARE YOU COMING TO THE BURN?

Pls confirm. Kthyx.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby VultureChow » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Foxfur wrote:Please remove anything covering your legs...

Thanks for reminding me. Time to get waxed.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby aserendipity » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Hurray !
Foxfur is here !

yeah , I am looking and lurking for a tx also..,

xoA.
aserendipity

Postby Foxfur » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 am

Of course I'll be there! There's dumpsters of tickets out there in the last few weeks!

And it seems all my lovelies have dropped by, yay!
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby Savannah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:05 am

Foxfur wrote:Of course I'll be there! There's dumpsters of tickets out there in the last few weeks!

YAAAAAAAAAY

And I love your new avatar. :lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby ygmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 am

*rides War Rabbit™ in to stall, puts out Rabbit Chili and strolls into bar*

dang, missed FF and Savannah last night.
worked late on making an new lid for the baby grand piano Elliot gave me for the playa.......this piano making and fixing stuff seems to take time!

*sets out breakfast BBQ*

*strokes tv,heads for IBBOD*

[media]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby aserendipity » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 am

Good Morning ALL

Yum, thanks Yggy..I was just getting hungry
I am Trying to organize /minimize my stuff
so difficult

xoA.
aserendipity

Postby Elliot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 am

*stops by The Happy Thread, then arrives at the Bar, a tall Ensure High Protein in his hand*

Goooooood mooooorning, E-Plaaaaaaya! (*channels Robin Williams)

Yes, I have graduated from 50 hours of therapy/instruction/soul-searching/etc in Santa Rosa. Among the new Stuff learned is the value of eating breakfast. Protein, specifically. So I have been eating two protein bars and drinking a protein "shake" for breakfast in the motel room, and that ought to work here at home also. (Yes, of course I will expand the menu a little, starting with an egg.)

I have only one regret about my month's involvement with the hospital.
The hospital building used to be home to physical therapy also, and they have a nice swimming pool. The pool is being kept clean, but is not currently in use -- the building now housing only mental health services. There is now also a stout fence around the pool, with locked gates.

Well, it has been "all I could do" to stay out of that pool. I could easily scale the fence. I figure one second to scale the fence, and two seconds to get out of my clothes without tearing the buttons on my nice shirt. And I walked right next to that pool every day going to and from the cafeteria.
So I figured I ought to take that dip on my last day there.
What could they do... fire me?

Well, I restrained myself. The paperwork would take weeks. Some poor hospital staffer would probably be reprimanded, or even fired. I just couldn't do that to the nice folks.

On the subject of breakfast.... I ate like a horse down there, and had no physical exercise, yet lost weight. How were those calories consumed? Same way that chess players burn calories like marathon runners: by thinking extremely hard. The brain is a muscle.
And like any muscle, it can be trained. Which is what much of the instruction was about.

Not that I took to this naturally. I resisted, fiercely, all their efforts for the first eight days. .... Good old-fashioned Fear Of Failing, we finally concluded.

Enough Heavy Stuff for one fine Saturday morning!
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - on 4:30 Plaza

--------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!--------

Camp website:
http://www.elliotsbikes.org

Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Postby unjonharley » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 am

Great morning all, Elliot... Heat is down weeds are up.. lots of things to do.. :coffee: :coffee: :|
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.
unjonharley

Postby magicmarty » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:49 am

Welcome back, Elliot! You are an inspiration to us all. Hope all goes well for you from here forward. I've always felt that life is never as super stupendous as it sometimes feels or as doom and gloomy as it feels at other times, but rather, in reality, it is mostly somewhere in the middle. Kind of a thought that I've tried to keep in mind to keep me on a somewhat even keel in my life. Mostly, it's worked for me.

Well, the yellow balls beckon so I'd better get going. There is tennis to be played

Cheers, kiddies

(((LF)))
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Hushville - Althing

Postby Elliot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am

As for Other News.... Last Sunday, on my way back to Santa Rosa, the right front tire on my truck blew. (Delamination.) That, after the right rear did the same the day before (I felt it and took it off before it blew). (It was perhaps the hottest weekend yet of the season.) So I was already driving on the spare.

So I had to get towed back to Clearlake. (Luckily, I hadn't gotten far.) The towing company is also the tire company, so I ordered four new tires and borrowed a car from a friend. See ya Friday.

How did I call for that tow, and arrange to borrow a car on instant notice? By cell phone. ...The cell phone that the hospital forced me to get as a condition of participating in their outpatient program. I never had a cell phone before. I guess I will keep it.

So yesterday I returned to my house in my friend's car, and jumped on my bicycle and rode down to the tow/tire shop to retrieve my little gray Dakota. Only to find that one of their tow trucks had clipped the Dakota and torn a gash in the side of the bed.
The poor tow/tire man was so apologetic I could barely stand it. No worries, dude! I know they will take care of it. One of the owners of the shop is the mayor of Clearlake and on the Board of the Chamber of Commerce. The owner of the body shop is also on the Board of the Chamber and a friend of mine in the Lions Club. (I may get the whole truck repainted.) It's just a truck! No worries!
----------------------------------------

And in further News.... In case you did not read the Happy Thread in the last few minutes....
A couple nights ago, in the motel room in Santa Rosa, I had my first PLEASANT dream in ages. Amazing. My one standard dream in memory is where I find myself utterly powerless to stop or correct something that is going wrong and getting worse. Helpless. Immobilized. Regardless of the dreams setting (visuals), always powerless.

We only remember something like 2 to 5 percent of what we dream, but in one night I had one dream where I solved a problem just fine, and one dream that was neutral, and one dream that was downright pleasant. And that is the most powerful evidence from the last few weeks... evidence that I can get well. ... No, wait.... Correction.... Make that evidence that I am getting well. (Positive thoughts and all that.)
So..., you ask.... What was the dream? Well duh! I was frolicking with young ladies.
Most specifically, I remember (dreaming of, keep in mind) washing a young lady's back in the shower.
I knew you needed to know.

Camp website:

Elliot

Postby Elorrum » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:01 am

Good morning, all. Marty, beat the fuzz off those yellow critters. Elliot, probably a good thing to stay out of the pool, for the sake of others you mentioned. still....
ygmir, good piano work to be done, and doesn't everything take longer in real life than it does in our minds?
I've got lots to do, and none of it will be accomplished from my current position in the most gripping and magnetic place in my apartment.
I know I know I know I have fun doing the project work. Why is it so hard to get started?
Probably need some more coffee!
Midnight on a carousel ride
Reaching for the gold ring down inside
Elorrum

Postby Elliot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am

magicmarty wrote:Welcome back, Elliot! ...

Well, the yellow balls beckon so I'd better get going. There is tennis to be played

Thanks, MagicMarty and All! It has been in "interesting" month. :lol: :D

I don't watch TV at home, but the TV in the motel room tempted me. So I watched one of the top tennis games from Wimbledon (I think it was). Talk about skill! Same with soccer (from Brazil, I think). Amazing skill and stamina. With those examples I did not mind watching, and opposed to participating.

That said, the Graand Kinetic Challenge (Kinetic Sculpture Race) happens in Corvallis, Oregon, this weekend, and I'm not there. But I know for a fact that I will be there next year again. That's a nice fact to have.

Camp website:

Elliot

Postby sadie » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:58 am

Good Morning Yggy, Aserendipity, Elliot, Unjon, MagicMarty, Elorrum and lurkers! :coffee:

Yay for new found energy and positive outlooks and tennis and sorting and projects..!

As I look at all of the piles and stacks of adventure gear in various levels of readiness I hardly know where to start...it is good to know I am not alone in that. Everything that absolutely needs to get done will get done...probably..

I hope we all have a productive day!
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!
sadie

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Solomio

Postby Patsh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:05 am

YAY, Elliot!!
So glad you're feeling (and getting) better! Can't wait to see the New and Improved version of King Elliot.
Sounds like your sojourn was beneficial, even more than the 'Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes' program.
I'll bet your awesome smile is even awesomer now! :mrgreen:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby Elliot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:21 am

Patsh wrote:YAY, Elliot!!
So glad you're feeling (and getting) better! Can't wait to see the New and Improved version of King Elliot.
Sounds like your sojourn was beneficial, even more than the 'Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes' program.
I'll bet your awesome smile is even awesomer now! :mrgreen:

Good timing! I sent you an e-mail just 30 seconds ago.
Yes, "yes'es" and "no's" as appropriate. Yes to healing, no to procrastination, and so forth.

Right now, yes to washing and refueling the truck I borrowed. It is nice to have local friends also. This fellow didn't even blink when I asked to borrow a vehicle for a week in order to avoid missing a day of therapy. He just ran out and topped off the fuel tank while I was on my way over.

Camp website:

Elliot

Postby aserendipity » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:32 am

What lovely friends you all are

This is a good news bar today..Elliot Your adventures are a good read ..consider writing them for others later of course

and all this as I was weighing the odds of me not going to brc

so in cleaning /minimizing my stuff I came across a huge heavy book, a gift book from someone, the kind we used to put on coffee tables.
it was the Art of the Bible..,but of course I didn't know how to unload it without some small guilt ..but I did.

xoA.
aserendipity

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm

((((Elliot))) welcome back! 8) 8) 8)

So sorry I missed Foxfur! And all of you. :| Gosh. Been baby sitting my demented mother, taking her to the doctor & etc. She really keeps us all hopping.

Really REALLY looking forward to getting dusty with y'all. 8) Real soon!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby Mojojita » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:38 pm

MDF - thank you for being such an amazing role model for us all… I need to find you this year and give you a real long hug.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby ygmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:42 pm

*shuffles in*
Hi, Mojo!!
Hi MDF!

I got the new piano top cut to shape, sanded, and first coat of primer.
I made it 1.5" thick, knowing at least one person may well jump up there and dance, vertical or horizontal.
haha
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sunbeam56 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Elliot!!! Woop, woop, woop!!!
:)
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Postby Patsh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 pm

MyDearFriend, you are truly an inspiration to me... along with so many others around here! Elliot, Yggy, Ratty, Robbidobbs, ^Rhino, burner von braun, Trilo, Doc Pyro, TinkerMom... and I could go on and on... you guys have no idea how much you each and all mean to me. All I can say is, Thank You!!!

On another note, Friday, I rode over to the annual Corn Fest in Camp Verde, and a fellow there approached me, asking if it was I riding that awesome VW... turns out, he had let me pass him so he could get a picture. ( most of my pics are while parked...)
Here it is, at 60, just fast enough to get the old wattles and arm flab flapping... :oops:

Trike to CV, 18 July '14.jpg

Had a great time, and ate some super sweet and juicy corn!
I rode again, today, with a memorial run for a fellow rider, who put up a valiant fight against cancer. (oh, by the way, Fuck Cancer!) There were at least 60 bikes... nice turnout, nice day for a run, but sad, nevertheless.
*sigh*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Ah, Lucky, I'm so lucky to have someone who can understand my linguistic flailings so well. Thank you, I love you.

So, we finally have internet in the house. I haven't filled the bookcases yet, but I haven't unpacked all the books yet.
We have a garbage disposal, but we can't find the switch.

And, sometimes I wonder... Why are people so quick to--
Fuck, I don't have the words.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:42 am

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Patsch, that is one beautiful trike. You look so happy out there in the wind. :D

Elliot, sounds like a wonderful dream. I hope many more on on the way!

Not much going on here. Packing. And stuff.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby shroom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:55 am

Patsch awesome trike!
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:03 am

Yes, absolutely awesome, (((Patsch))). 8) 8) 8)

And my dear (((Mojojita))) I fervently hope there will be no untoward event or broken bones to keep you from the Meet & Greet this year!!!!

((((((Fishy))))))) congrats on progress in pulling your new home together!

(((AntiM))), I wish I was at the packing stage already! I will renew my efforts.

Good work on the piano, (((Yggy))) !!!

Miss you all so much...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion