"It's news to me!"

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: "It's news to me!"

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:53 pm

tatonka wrote:didnt know this was going on , I guess the blm raised there fees in the 90's and drove all the other 14 ranchers off . He ( Bundy ) didnt pay and they went after him. I didnt know the BLM had to be so well armed?

[media]

I remember back in the 90s a couple people--I think Park Service or Forest Service--were killed in Arizona. Last I heard they still didn't know who. There is a serious segment of the population that doesn't trust government and who think that guns are the best remedy.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Jackass » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 am

Watch where you take your selfies...
[media]

http://www.kcra.com/news/selfietaker-gets-kicked-in-head-by-train-conductor/25530742
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token
Jackass

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:49 am

Stupid train. Sue somebody.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Jackass » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am

I keep watching it, and it doesn't get old...especially cool if you pause and unpause quickly and watch frame by frame.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token
Jackass

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 pm

*shivers*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby Oldguy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:08 am

The conductor saved his 'Frikan life by kickin' him out 'da way. Time, tides, and trains don't stop.
Image current moon
Burning Man is an exercise—indeed, a challenge—in balancing cooperation, self-reliance, individual expression, and creative collaboration in the formation of an artistic community. E. Britannica
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 pm

*shivers*
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:54 am

Somebody get Fishy a blanket.

http://sciencealert.com.au/news/2014210 ... ign=buffer
Powdered alcohol is now a thing
And active voice isn't
The US has approved 'Palcohol' - powdered alcohol that could make boozing much more discrete.

Forget trying to sneak a hip flask into a venue, spiking your drink could soon be as simple as adding powder (if you're in the US that is).

Researchers have invented powdered alcohol, which can even be sprinkled on food or snorted, according to the Palcohol website:

"Let’s talk about the elephant in the room… snorting Palcohol. Yes, you can snort it. And you’ll get drunk almost instantly because the alcohol will be absorbed so quickly in your nose. Good idea? No. It will mess you up. Use Palcohol responsibly."

It sounds like a pretty reckless idea, but the US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau has now approved the product and it's expected to hit liquor stores within months.

Thanks science...we think.
Ugly Dougly

Postby chuckularone » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:29 am

Ugly Dougly wrote: Tax and Trade Bureau

Says it all. It's all about the $$$$. Can we tax this? OK, you can sell it.
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE
chuckularone

Burning Since: 2014

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:32 am

News just said they reconsidered and are NOT going to OK it yet.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby chuckularone » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:44 am

FIGJAM wrote:News just said they reconsidered and are NOT going to OK it yet.

Damn! And I was looking forward to spiking my vodka with vodka palcohol!
http://time.com/71664/powdered-alcohol-palcohol-error/
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE
chuckularone

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 am

FIGJAM wrote:News just said they reconsidered and are NOT going to OK it yet.

The sample was mislabeled. That shouldn't hold it up for long. People will be able to abuse it soon.
Ugly Dougly

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:28 pm

1--So, is it something smooth and wonderful like an aged single-malt, or is it gross and disgusting like a bathtub gin?
2--I guess we can expect it to show up as something slipped in drinks as step one in rape.
3--I guess we can expect it to be a factor in alcohol related deaths.

Weeeeeeeeeeee!
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:40 pm

"Toot it or boot it while drinking your favorite cocktail!" :twisted:

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Oldguy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Pathfinders from the 173rd Airborne and " force multipliers " are now in place.

Putin may invade Latvia, Lithuania, and Belarus anyway after the " Ukraine referendum ". In the Crimea , and in the Ukraine the Russian Feds are consolidating positions and placing " force multipliers " of their own. It is getting scary.

“I can announce today that a company-size contingent of paratroopers from the U.S. Army Europe's 173rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team airborne, which is based in Vicenza, Italy, will arrive in Poland tomorrow to begin exercises with Polish troops,” Rear Admiral John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters at his daily briefing.

Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will get 150 American troops each. The full deployment will be complete “by the end of this weekend, maybe Monday,” Kirby said.

Even when those U.S. forces rotate back, new ones will take their place for new exercises throughout the rest of 2014, “but beyond that, it could go beyond the end of this year," Kirby said. "We just don't know. We're just going to have to see how it goes.”

And the exercises “very well could” expand to other NATO allies, Kirby said. “But right now it's going to start with those four countries.”

:shock:
Image current moon
Burning Man is an exercise—indeed, a challenge—in balancing cooperation, self-reliance, individual expression, and creative collaboration in the formation of an artistic community. E. Britannica
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Postby Joeln » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 am

Oldguy wrote: :shock:

My thoughts exactly
Collapse first and avoid the rush
Joeln

Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby aserendipity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 am

and thank you for adding the current moon shot
aserendipity

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 am

"Rochester, N.Y., takes the top when it comes to happy workers. Why? Well, workers there have nice short commutes - which counts for a lot in our book - and the unemployment rate is better than many places in the United States. Good wages and good bosses are plusses. And then there are the hots - you haven’t lived until you’ve had one.

Did you know?
Hots are a regional type of hotdog made most often with a natural casing and more flavor than a typical hotdog. The most common ones are red or white."
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 am

Oldguy wrote:Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will get 150 American troops each.

A mere gesture. Can't be too hasty.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:45 am

[media]
Ugly Dougly

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Oldguy wrote:Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will get 150 American troops each.

A mere gesture. Can't be too hasty.

Pretty classic demonstration of US and Western European help to those countries when the Russian bear is growling.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 am

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:46 am

Of course, as Mr. Lau writes, there can be a different point of view as well.

“THEY’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE”
“The Only E-Zine You Should Ever Bother To Read”
DISCUSSION 41: Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Patriot Of The Year

You want to know what really makes my Goddamned blood boil? I’ll tell you what: the fucking ACLU, cocksucking liberals, and the leftist weenies that would send our great country straight to hell. These spineless bastards are the bane of civil society. They would let criminals run free by trying to close down the jails, let fucking beaners and wetbacks cross our border with impunity, and mollycoddle rapists and child molesters to the extent that no one is safe any longer. These useless degenerates have no place in my world view. Happily I am not alone in my thinking, for there is one man who is a shining beacon in the field of law enforcement: Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the greatest lawman of his era. It is his unwavering eye with regards to the modern penal system that this month’s enlightening discussion will thoroughly address.

You know Sheriff Joe has to be doing something right when he is openly criticized by such faggot groups such as Amnesty International, the ACLU, the American Jewish Committee (whatever the fuck that might be), and the Arizona chapter of the Anti-Defamation League. The good sheriff came to the attention of the American people when he did several things that should be emulated around the country. He decided that fucking criminals should not be housed in comfortable air-conditioned cells but rather be crammed into tents in the Arizona heat where, according to various news reports, the daytime temperatures reached 140 degrees inside. He then decided that, having excellent fashion sense, all inmates should be made to wear pink underwear. This way if they tried to escape they could easily be identified, unless of course they fled to San Francisco. He then had the brilliant idea that prisoners could be fed for, and I swear I am not making this up, 30 cents a day. How, you might ask? By feeding this scum green bologna that was unfit for normal human consumption; eliminating coffee, salt, and pepper; and reducing the number of meals to only two a day. His inmates made the prisoners at Auschwitz look like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers. And for this he has been criticized. What a bunch of fucking douche bags.

But it gets better. Having put up with a bunch of lazy spics crossing the border into his state long enough, and realizing that as long as liberals remained in Washington nothing would change, he took matters into his own hands. He not only made criminals of the people, known as “coyotes”, who smuggled these taco benders into his state, but also the people who were being smuggled. Since it was only a matter of time before they themselves broke the law, which by its very nature defines what an “illegal immigrant” does, he just rounded the whole lot of them up and shipped them off to a camp somewhere. He wasn’t about to return them to Mexico where they would simply come back across the border. Sure a lot of them died due to “exposure” and “malnutrition”, but in the overall scheme of things isn’t that better than having them sell hard narcotics to your children? Sheriff Joe thought so as well.

And as if that weren’t enough, then Sheriff Joe got a truly enlightened idea and brought back the age-old custom of the chain gang. And what did these chain gangs do as part of their penance to society? He had them burying dead “indigents” in a large pit that doubled as a cemetery. Grave markers? Whatever for? Just another fucking waste of taxpayer money. At least in his chain gangs he had the good sense to segregate the blacks from the whites, but even this caused a backlash when he was accused of calling them “just your everyday niggers”. What the hell else would he have called them, dignitaries? If you can’t throw around exacting terminology such as lazy nigger, worthless spic, or red-skinned injun, then what words would likely be banned next, meth-crazed cracker perhaps? Not on Sheriff Joe’s watch.

But sadly, you can guess what happened next. A bunch of Jew activist ACLU types took umbrage at what was happening in the Arizona desert and decided that Sheriff Joe had gone too far. Fuck you, Goddamned miserable kikes. Jesus, I swear. Anyway, they brought a lawsuit against this fine guardian of the people, accusing him of “torture”, mental and physical “abuse”, and denying these cocksuckers their “Constitutional rights”. Give me a fucking break. Since when did we start, literally, letting the inmates run the asylum? But Sheriff Joe stood tall and pretty much told them to go fuck themselves in the ass. The lawsuit is still pending and Sheriff Joe is still in charge. Thank God. How we ever allowed liberals and shit to take over the court system is a mystery to me. I wish it were them who were thrown into a camp someplace. Someplace really unpleasant, someplace like Arizona.

The point is made: We need more Sheriff Joe Arpaios, not fewer. In fact, the recidivism rate would plummet to nearly zero if all the courts modeled themselves after what Sheriff Joe has wrought. And if a few criminals turn up mysteriously “missing”, so much the better. Think of all the money we could save on pink underwear, spoiled bologna, and the high-cost of chains. Here’s to you Sheriff Joseph Arpaio, American patriot and my personal hero.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 am

Went outside for something.................can't remember what now.............100 yards away!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 am

Old fashioned pyromaniacburner party?
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 am

aserendipity wrote:and thank you for adding the current moon shot

It's waning, isn't it? Not waxing?
Fools.
Ugly Dougly

Postby thnkfl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:You want to know what really makes my Goddamned blood boil? I’ll tell you what: the fucking ACLU, cocksucking liberals, and the leftist weenies...fucking beaners and wetbacks ... useless degenerates ... faggot groups such as Amnesty International, the ACLU, the American Jewish Committee ... lazy spics ...“just your everyday niggers”... lazy nigger, worthless spic, or red-skinned injun...bunch of Jew activist ACLU types...

...And if a few criminals turn up mysteriously “missing”, so much the better.

You sure put the barb in Barbie, Doc. But tell me: Why should I want to visit your Death Camp and hang out with a racist?
thnkfl

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Outpost Aught Naught Cipher Nothing

Postby unjonharley » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 pm

thnkfl wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:You want to know what really makes my Goddamned blood boil? I’ll tell you what: the fucking ACLU, cocksucking liberals, and the leftist weenies...fucking beaners and wetbacks ... useless degenerates ... faggot groups such as Amnesty International, the ACLU, the American Jewish Committee ... lazy spics ...“just your everyday niggers”... lazy nigger, worthless spic, or red-skinned injun...bunch of Jew activist ACLU types...

...And if a few criminals turn up mysteriously “missing”, so much the better.

You sure put the barb in Barbie, Doc. But tell me: Why should I want to visit your Death Camp and hang out with a racist?

Me thinks the good Doc has upset some one... Wish would have stated his/her race. So we could zero in on it.. Myself, I'm a WASP, and I feel left out that the Doc didn't give me a mention
unjonharley

Postby VultureChow » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

unjonharley wrote:Me thinks the good Doc has upset some one... Wish would have stated his/her race. So we could zero in on it.. Myself, I'm a WASP, and I feel left out that the Doc didn't give me a mention

I freakin love being Jewish. All the advantages of being white, but we get to be a persecuted minority, and a rich evil cabal all at the same time.

Plus the food is pretty good.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion