Hi Shroom! Have a cup of tea?

:coffee:
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: The Bar, Volume #4

Postby shroom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:27 pm

thanks!!!

here's tea for all :coffee: or hard liquor, your choice
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Well it's official the Gate has been closed since yeterday after noon. If you are reading this and you are still in the reported 5 mile long line outside the gate, sit on down and have a beer with us...

I suspect there will be a lots of angry people come Tuesday...

Welcome Home...

the rebbi
Rabbi Dali Rick

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:Well it's official the Gate has been closed since yeterday after noon...

Managed, not closed.
uncle sticky wrote:We left BRC at about 4 in the afternoon on Friday. No line to get in, we saw a few virgins getting rolled in the dust, so they were admitting folks.
Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby moonrise » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 pm

SOOOONEEE SOOOONEEEE SOOOONEEEE (YA HAD TO BE THERE) FRACKING Sony Handycam was stuck on demo mode in Camp Envy for DAYS on end! OMFG! ads on a Burn featured site, we surviors might need therapy! The hours of the red light and power strip were much better, among other oddball thangs....holy cow (we did watch one of LH's 1st camp portopottys and some couple having sex for several hours, we think...???) anyway...

Finally the CE cam began working by THURSDAY, Yay! Thanks for the gift Camp Envy.... (apparently Jim so and so and the crew for the past 12 years (now retired) did a bang up smashing job in the past (thank you Jim and crew!) but alas...the new CE cam and crew had a few bugs to clear out hahahaaaa....(Thank you 2013 CE crew and the Mars Rover cam crew, too!!)

Sooo why not git yer butt over to Camp Envy and watch or join the chatter there, perhaps more fun than this dead dusty bar for the time bein'.... over n out (Oh and thanks BMIR for the commentary and music, fine addition to Camp Envy ;)

see ya....at the Temple thingy burn....woohoo! :mrgreen:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 am

I'm here in Black Rock City at 2:45 & C, I'll try to get pictures at the Temple burn and post them, I don't know how long this internet link will be up.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby moonrise » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 am

This is kinna fun Cap'n...it's like we have spies leaking art secrets to us from the inside of our city of art....heh heh!

Knowing you Cap'n Godammit, you'll find outgoing signals like a blue ribbon blood hound...mechanical genius (and now adding techie to your list of talents) ;) Cheers! Have a cuppa :coffee: on us!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:11 am

I've got a few photos up on the "Live From Burning Man" thread.
Captain Goddammit

Postby Elorrum » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 pm

back. . time to start getting ready for burning man.
so many many many ideas and irritants to get solved in the gear situation. So many ideas period.
Lovely to see you all!!!
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
There’s no WIFI but you’ll surely make a better connection.
Elorrum

Postby Bin Noddin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:47 am

Cheers, Elorrum! Welcome back.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby littleflower » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Howdy peoples ...........

ha ha Elorrum it's so easy to have so many ideas after the burn! i do too but within a few weeks i'll probably forget them and get back to life in defaultia ... it's tooooo depressing to think that it's another year until we can go back.

Hope you make it out there next year, Moonrise and Bin .... we missed you.

what a wonderful year this was out there ........... !

OK. time for some bubbly!
littleflower

Postby Box Burner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi littleflower. good to see you.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby littleflower » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm

hiya boxy ..... i missed seeing you .....
littleflower

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I think Elliot, Figjam and I are the last eplayans left on the playa now. It's getting awful quiet!
It's still not raining, there's been a few minor sprinkles but nothing to cause widespread panic. If it does pour, well - hurricane party! I've still got plenty of supplies!

I picked up a free brand new, abandoned Schwinn beach cruiser. It's got slightly out-of-round wheels but that's not a big deal.
Elliot gave me a "project" tandem bike too. I'm gonna have to rebuild it and modify it for huge tires.
Captain Goddammit

Postby gyre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:48 pm

It's only monday.
gyre

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Yes but everyone has been bugging out early because of the bullhorn-announced oncoming monsoon... if you actually were a burner you'd know that! I've figured out you aren't.
Captain Goddammit

Postby gyre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Not out there.
Broke down enroute.
Omniscience not at play.
For you either, obviously.
gyre

Postby moonrise » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Goddammit Cap'n I REALLY wanted to meet you! I think someday we will meet. I should mention you were WELL LIT and highly visible all through the Camp Envy ustream and added a LOT of great action and light to the scene, well done for sure....bravo!!!!!!!! And I KNOW you're a badass mechanical guy so I can only imagine how nice the interior of your boat and RV/Trailer must be....someday maybe I'll get around to finishing my horse trailer with you're advice, and FIGJAM's and whoever else I've forgotten (shite my memory is a bit shot, oops) and it was fun reading your eplaya posts during the CE black outs and such....you got it down man, truly!

Lil Flower and all the rest of ya's.....yeppers I sure missed you too....my world turned upside down during the burn. It's hard to explain but MDF has the inside scoop! She has my permission to spread the word ....anyway I'm busting arse to make it work for the best and it's nice to know I have a gaggle of friends from eplaya and a strong life-long bond :) with so many of you! I may be relocating to Southern California for a while with family (yikes!) and that is tough man....bc there's nothing like being in the shadow of the Black Rock! However I'll focus on the ocean, beaches and The Islands down there (Channel Islands are a special So. Calif secret...a place everyone should check out, if they can make it) and wow, I wonder what the L.A> Regional crowd will be like? WTF? It's gonna get interesting me thinks!

Glad to hear Grai and Knowmie and Bobbin and the others who stayed behind are probably okay and rain free (?) we hope!

Okay, enuff for now....back to work and a toast for us all! CHEERS! ;) Moon :)
moonrise

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Oh cool, did I make it onto the webcam feed? I meant to do that on purpose one afternoon but of course something else came up. That's BRC.
Thanks but the camper "glamper" remodel was all the First Mate's work. It does look great!
I did my best to keep the boat's appearance up, I have an onboard rather powerful vacuum and kept the couch clean, but after a week out here, the whole thing is gonna need full disassembly and hours with a pressure washer.
Knowmad stopped by a little while ago. We have ribs on the grille and he's supposed to come back for dinner but even now that Black Rock City is more like Black Rock Ghost Town, I'm sure he'll get sidetracked.
By the way, I'm convinced there are at least three of Knowmad. Every time I turn around, no matter where I am, there he is!
We're still rain-free on the playa.
Captain Goddammit

Postby gyre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm told there is so much vaguely burner related going on in L.A. that you can't find time to do it all.

Last time I talked to him, the guy that runs the LED Museum was there.
I hope you will look him up.

Sorry things are tough out there, Moon.
I was hoping to look you up after the playa this year.
gyre

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Nice easy summer rain, going into Cedarville..Enough that the windshield could be cleaned with a little help from Mr Windex and wipers.
unjonharley

Postby AntiM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am

Greetings from Fernley. Rained enough the gate road closed yesterday while the playa was dry. We should have stayed put. Oh well, adventures are fun if you take them. Slept in Fernley. Yay.

Genius broke down on the way. Clutch in the Scion went out. An angel named Juan rescued them, called in an off duty mechanic and got them onto the playa before the road in closed. 18 hour delay, money spent but not as much as it could have been, and a gift picnic from a lovely family in Elko. The playa provided.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Thecatman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:30 am

Welcome back to the default world :x

We were in Utah over the weekend and yesterday while driving west on I 80 we saw so many going east I almost started crying because I wasn't there.
It was raining and to us anyway, very humid, when we departed Orem around 7am yesterday, Monday. Had brief downpours in various locations in both states.
Everybody heading back travel safe.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby moonrise » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 am

Yes Captain Gaddammit, you made it onto the LIVE webcam feed a LOT (We watched ustream burning man tv feed, Camp Envy-sooonee lol! demo mode, ugh, too funny but yea you were LIVE on Cam for us out here if that's what you're referring to)...I noticed the boat mostly at night, WELL LIT! The white lighting was perfect and the blue lighted poles were also highly visible and also a perfect contrast to the powerful white lighting! I wish you were there for The Pier years, but we can't win every time! You would've loved The Pier Cap'n...lots of fun hippie fishing and what not....

Gyre, yep it seems I'll soon find out what the So. Calif Burner scene is like in Los Angles area...should get interesting!

When I do make it to So. Calif. I'll be aiming my sights for the beachy crowd and the inner canyons and The Channel Islands and some of the other more Southerly Islands down there. The ocean will save my sanity, I like big bodies of water and I do miss the ocean! I'm hoping to get a badass beach type tent made for beaching it (usually a surfer design and made for beaches, or who knows maybe a burnin' man style job...we'll see!) It'll need to be easy to set up tear down and I'll pitch it in front of some of those beach town McMansions and have my own beach front mini house! Heh heh...day use only and sometimes I'll go to beach camp grounds upper North towards Santa Barbara and camp for a few days or week or so. I have many nieces and nephews to babysit (I hope at the beach often, haha!) and some family to hang with so that'll be a good thing, too.

I'm also keeping the Moonmobile, it'll be useful here n there and it'll represent BRC Dept. of Mobility Camp at BM Sanctioned events..it has 3 HUGE round "official looking" camp stickers on it, depicting the man on fire zipping along the playa in a wheelchair on fire~ Huzzah! This camp is important for the community, please help support it anyway you can! No matter how goofy they may seem, they do a fine job and even the camp leader has a disability, we're a camp comprised of half disabled and half non disabled volunteers...and on Esplanade by Center Camp, on Ring Road...(Formerly known as Hotwheels Camp) what a blast and a good service for BRC! And....I'm hopeful I will return to the Big Burn with the Moonmobile in tow ready for volunteering once again! As a side note, I know there's been some drama involved with BRC Dept. of Mobility, but I think it's been cleared up and forgiven and forgotten, it isn't always easy to run that camp! But like I said, it's a good camp and comprised of a good crew..I know bc I have camped with them, fulltime...24/7 and it worked out ok in the end, nuff said. :)

Well my :coffee: is about gone and I gotta get some MORE frackin' X-rays done, so off I go!

I wrote another loooong ass book, so to speak, but what can I say? I had a few extra minutes and I'm NOT exhausted like you lucky on playa burners probably are right about now (and still out there cleaning up) thank you clean up crew!

Much love everyone and I'm glad ya'll had a GREAT BURN! Moon ;)
moonrise

Postby littleflower » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

g'morning! i baked a little something to help the passage back to defaultia...

littleflower

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

(Plops down from the upper regions of The Bar)

Howdy, Bar!

I got something in the mail today. Something I never expected and something that absolutely made my day better... not that it was bad by any means, just that this topped it off with a dusty cherry.

Karine and I knew early on that we were not going to be able to make it yet again this year and that was ok. I missed a bunch of people and missed the dust, but I'm patient and know that next year was better. But when a card arrived with a postmark from BRC I got excited. It had Burner Von Bruan's return address, so I thought "How freakin' cool is that, that he thought to send us a postcard?". The cover artwork was a photograph called "Radioactive Cats" by Sandy Skoglund (1980) and that was pretty swell by itself. Here's the cover:

Then I opened it up and was blown away...

I can't begin to say what this means to get this... I never expected it and it just made my day. I mean it. And that BVB orchestrated this is just priceless.

I could throw virtual drinks all around The Bar tonight but that wouldn't even begin to do justice to how this made me feel. Karine and are planning on 2014. It will be ten years since she and I meet out there in the dust and I just can't see how we could miss it. My heart is warmed with this love from friends. Pretty damn cool.

Thank you Bar...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby gyre » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Very nice!
gyre

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Von Braun, I don't know how long it took to track all these folks down, but I'm impressed. Cheers to you!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Box Burner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Howdy all.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Elorrum » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Good evening BAR!
Bin, Box, and LeChat, here's to the next time we gather, all of us. LCN, Burner Von Braun is such a nice gentleman, I was happy to finally meet. I was tickled to sign the card, knowing it would get to you with the best postmark in the world on it.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
There’s no WIFI but you’ll surely make a better connection.
Elorrum

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion