Lost My Phone….then something really weird happened advice?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Lost My Phone….then something really weird happened advice?

Postby looptyloop » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am

Hi everyone!
This year was my first burn…..and I didnt make the smartest decision ever by bringing my phone out on the playa to take pictures of the man burning. I left it where i had been sitting in all the crazyness and realized it later.

I checked lost and found twice before i left on monday morning. No Luck .

then at 7:30 or so on monday morning my fiance realizes that he had a voicemail from some unknown washington number. It said they had found my phone and would like to return it to me! I was ecstatic and called back immediately. First try no answer so i left a voicemail. They called back but we missed it bc his phone was on silent. Tried again. didnt pick up. then again. then texted still no luck. i just dont know what to do anymore.

The guy sounded young and nice and his number is 2**-***-***8 does anyone know who this is? are you his friend? could you let him know id really like my phone back before my birthday on the 8th… :-(

What should i do?

[edit: phone number removed - Eric, Mod]
The thing about smart mother fuckers is, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers.
looptyloop

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: OkNotOk

Re: Lost My Phone….then something really weird happened advi

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:30 am

If he's like a lot of burners who drove home to Washington, he's probably been sleeping all day and night. It might take a couple of days to sort it all out. Best of luck.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby looptyloop » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 am

i can understand that but he accessed both my facebook and email after i had called back which doesnt sit right with me.
The thing about smart mother fuckers is, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers.
looptyloop

Postby gyre » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Rewards for stolen items in california are often responded to from washington numbers.

No idea why.

Don't know if there is a connection.
gyre

Postby skibear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:17 pm

looptyloop wrote:Hi everyone!
It said they had found my phone and would like to return it to me! I was ecstatic and called back immediately. First try no answer so i left a voicemail. They called back but we missed it bc his phone was on silent. Tried again. didnt pick up. then again. then texted still no luck. i just dont know what to do anymore.

The guy sounded young and nice and his number is ***** does anyone know who this is? are you his friend? could you let him know id really like my phone back before my birthday on the 8th… :-(

What should i do?

First, keep calling for a few days, or
try that number in one of the internet reverse phone lookup sites. Might get a name and addy you could write to. a few
of these sites are free. Most are crappy pay sites. Perhaps paying $20 might be worth it if you get a good contact.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Postby looptyloop » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 pm

the playa has provided… he finally called and said he has sent it in the mail…turns out he's a black rock ranger too. yay lets just see when it gets here!
looptyloop

Postby gyre » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Glad to hear it.
gyre

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

looptyloop wrote:the playa has provided… he finally called and said he has sent it in the mail…turns out he's a black rock ranger too. yay lets just see when it gets here!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

O man, these sort of "I lost something really important and I really miss it.... O wait I got it back!" stories make me love Burners even more!!!!!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Open Discussion