SPORTS! NASCAR, Formula 1 AND BASEBALL!!

All things outside of Burning Man.

SPORTS! NASCAR, Formula 1 AND BASEBALL!!

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am

It has been a long couple of months of boring sports.. and no good motorsport at all..

but ... its all coming back.. the reason to actually have cable TV (instead of just being an internet hooligan) LIVE SPORTS!

The Rolex Daytona 24 hour endurance race kicked off the start of racing season a few weeks ago..

Nascar (admittedly pretty boring and un-motorsportslike) returns with its first real race this weekend (daytona 500)

Formula 1 (admittedly the best motorsport ever, shaming nascar) returns the weekend of March 16th (and returns to the USA with novembers Austin Texas race!)

and.. and!!! best yet!

CUBS BASEBALL returns with the first preseason game on March 9th!

ARE YOU HYPED FOR THE RETURN OF ENTERTAINING SPORTS?!

(and probably not as many people interested but Australian football league starts march 24th! (best team sport on earth))
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: SPORTS! NASCAR, Formula 1 AND BASEBALL!!

Postby lucky420 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 am

meh not really but I do watch occasionally.

Never really understood the fascination with watching Nascar (driving of course would be awesome). But one day a year or 2 ago my son and I were lazing around lookng for something on tv. We stopped on a channel showing a Nascar race. We're sitting there talking and laughing about how boring this shit is when all of a sudden we notice a car coming from behind and really working his way to the front of the line. It WAS pretty damn exciting and we did watch for a while. I don't know if all the races are that exciting or not since I have never watched one since...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 am

the interest in nascar for me tends to be more towards of the mystery science theatre 3000 style of entertainment..

the racing itself, pretty boring..

Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby tamarakay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 am

M
NASCAR is fun live and in person. The people watching is a hoot. Full on crazies having fun. Once you start following a team you are screwed.

Hopefully the formula one race in Austin happens. Construction has resumed and the are finally trying to address the roads. I will more than likely attend that one.

Baseball? Live or televised I sleep. Now a good little kids t-ball game is the best entertainment ever. Well maybe four and five year olds playing flag football beats it, but it's a close call.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 am

One of my fondest baseball memories of the past couple of years was in October, 2010. Sitting in Ygmir's living room (it was his birthday party but we were pretty much just ignoring him, which is pretty good advice regardless of the situation) with Looneytunes, Magic Marty, Lucy, Littleflower, and several others watching the Giants win the National League Pennant over the Philadelphia Phillies. Ah what a wonderful night, and with the World Series Flag flying high over ATT Park it has been a wonderful ride. How the G-men were ever 3-to-1 underdogs to the truly awful Texas Rangers is a mystery to me. Vegas was giving away free money!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Return to Open Discussion