Radical Inclusion? Heh

All things outside of Burning Man.

Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby Gorillex » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 am

BM Incorporated is a BUSINESS.

7 million in payroll last year.

Oh pulling the last 10,000 tickets to give to whoever BM Incorporated thinks is cool.

Brand protection.

7 million in payroll last year.

Radical inclusion, if you can afford it.

7 million in payroll last year.

Coke. Pepsi. Burning Man.
Gorillex
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby lemur » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:56 am

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS BAD BEFORE?!!

ACTUAL PLAYA VIPs AT BURNING MAN WITH THEIR PRIVATE JET:
Image
(faces obscured to protect the VIPs)

JUST WAIT TILL THIS YEAR!!!!

THEYLL NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR JOHN TRAVOLTA!!

Image
Image

WAS IT WORTH IT LARRY?! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?
Don't link to anything here!
User avatar
lemur
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Madagascar
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 am

This argument


Bah. It's older than dirt, or dust, if you prefer...

You get what you pay for. If it were all volunteer labor to put the thing together, it would be a mess... Putting together the burn is a full-time job for many people.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37425
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Yup. Straight up corporate. Burning Man sucks. Don't go.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby lemur » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 pm

John Travolta will be there.

im going.
Don't link to anything here!
User avatar
lemur
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Madagascar
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Who do you expect the first corporate sponsor for BM to be?

Postby Gorillex » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm

This BRAND is being built up like few we have ever seen. The money this BUSINESS makes is incredible.

7 million in payroll last year.

Only a short matter of time before BM INCORPORATED picks a corporate sponsor for this event. Which corporate sponsor do you think will try to embody the Burner "spirit" that BM INC sells you on?

7 million in payroll last year.
Gorillex
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Who do you expect the first corporate sponsor for BM to

Postby Trishntek » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:36 pm

GAASSSSP! You mean,,, people get paid for putting up with all our bullshit? SAY IT AIN'T SO! NONCOMMODIFICATION is not just a word!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
User avatar
Trishntek
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: Who do you expect the first corporate sponsor for BM to

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Church of Scientology
User avatar
mudpuppy000
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm re-instating the OP's original thread, in case anybody cares to discuss the idea. However please be aware that he/she can't respond, as the account has been disabled for repeated cross-posting.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10634
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby The CO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:10 pm

trilobyte wrote:However please be aware that he/she can't respond, as the account has been disabled for repeated cross-posting.


Oh noez! How will we be informed that BRC LLC is a business? And things cost money!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
User avatar
The CO
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: I-CORPS, M*A*S*H HQ
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

The minute you sign up for a Regional list, you find this out. I've met like minded artists, good freinds, so be it. It's America, let the party roll. Cheer up! (tm)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby Box Burner » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Yup. Straight up corporate. Burning Man sucks. Don't go.



That's right it's a business and it sucks. Send me your ticket and don't go.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

.
User avatar
Box Burner
 
Posts: 5761
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm

If you don't like it, start your own business.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby pinemom » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHHAAAA

The Op is just so fucking jealous that someone else thought of it first! What ever happened to being happy for someone who gets to pay the bills with a job they love?
Im wayyyyy cool with what-the-fuck-ever they make a year.As long as we can still go out there have a awesome time and not have to worry about all the logistics of JOTS/Electrical/roads/safety/perimeter...blah the fucking blah etc....paper work crap.




I heard the word Google is taken too, just in case you were wondering.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
User avatar
pinemom
 
Posts: 8246
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Booby Bar 2007-2011

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby ygmir » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 pm

pinemom wrote:BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHHAAAA

The Op is just so fucking jealous that someone else thought of it first! What ever happened to being happy for someone who gets to pay the bills with a job they love?
Im wayyyyy cool with what-the-fuck-ever they make a year.As long as we can still go out there have a awesome time and not have to worry about all the logistics of JOTS/Electrical/roads/safety/perimeter...blah the fucking blah etc....paper work crap.




I heard the word Google is taken too, just in case you were wondering.


** belly laugh**
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
pinemom wrote:BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHHAAAA

The Op is just so fucking jealous that someone else thought of it first! What ever happened to being happy for someone who gets to pay the bills with a job they love?
Im wayyyyy cool with what-the-fuck-ever they make a year.As long as we can still go out there have a awesome time and not have to worry about all the logistics of JOTS/Electrical/roads/safety/perimeter...blah the fucking blah etc....paper work crap.




I heard the word Google is taken too, just in case you were wondering.


** belly laugh**

I bet the mathematicians are pretty mad about that...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37425
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Gorillex wrote:BM Incorporated is a BUSINESS.

7 million in payroll last year..

.

7 million in payroll last year.

.

7 million in payroll last year.

.


Yes, but those funds only go to the fence pounders, the rest of us just Volunteer.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby ygmir » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:
Gorillex wrote:BM Incorporated is a BUSINESS.

7 million in payroll last year..

.

7 million in payroll last year.

.

7 million in payroll last year.

.


Yes, but those funds only go to the fence pounders, the rest of us just Volunteer.


I hear, they still use the same hammer, since the beginning. it's had 4 new handles and two new heads, to keep it usable.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Radical Inclusion? Heh

Postby RenoMonster » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 am

I've friends that have gone to Burning Man in years past. Won't go now because Bmorg started requiring tickets. Whatever.I don't care if you get there by jet or by hitch hiking. I don't care if you have a huge RV or sleep on the bare ground. I just care that you participate. :wink:
I am a disobedient individualist. Habitual line crosser...it was on fire when I got here.
User avatar
RenoMonster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Washoe County


Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unjonharley and 6 guests