I hope the Onion is watching this

All things outside of Burning Man.

I hope the Onion is watching this

Postby piehole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm

I can't wait to see what kinda satire they put together regarding this whole ticket situation

If it's anything like their past articles regarding the burn it should be nothing short of hilarious.

From 2003:

"Hippies were not the only counterculture group to miss the Burning Man festival. Portland-area Linux user and self-described cyber-conceptualist "Free" Lance Kaegle explained his absence in an instant message from his studio.

"I was organizing this boss techno-art project called 'Off The Grid,'" Kaegle wrote. "We were going to set up computer terminals in various parts of the playa and have people use them. Then we'd feed the binary data from those terminals into this fractals program that [Silver Lake, CA software designer] Ricky [Thomas-Slater] wrote. Those fractals would be sent, on the fly, to a group of exiled Buddhist monks I befriended online. The monks would transform the fractals into a temporal sand painting, the making of which we would webcast live to everyone on the playa."
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Glitter Apocalypse

Return to Open Discussion