You Must Be This Smart...

All things outside of Burning Man.

You Must Be This Smart...

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:48 pm

...to comment in this thread.

Because I have had it with stupid people for tonight.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

None of that crazy arithmetic, that's all I ask.

If I had known confidence intervals could get me out of jury duty...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby maryanimal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Well, I'm may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer fishyfriend, but I'll sit in here with you!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
User avatar
maryanimal
 
Posts: 3972
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Stop posting so much 2.0
What other people think about you is none of your business.
User avatar
Bounce530
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am
Location: 6:30 & H
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Monkeypoo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:15 am

*sits on comfy couch with the smart people*

Man, I googled SMART and found a billion acronyms. Us smart people do silly things like that. I'm making up my own:

Smart Monkeypoo's Advice: RELAX & TRUST !!!!!!
User avatar
Monkeypoo
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 11:03 pm
Location: MendocinoCounty
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 am

ok so I won't be posting here then.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby teardropper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am

This is a high bar...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
User avatar
teardropper
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby OregonRed » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 am

I am definitely not supposed to post here, then.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Image
User avatar
OregonRed
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:13 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby The CO » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 am

{Comment removed by the Bored of Standards}

(that's not a typo)
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
User avatar
The CO
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: I-CORPS, M*A*S*H HQ
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby teardropper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 am

teardropper wrote:This is a high bar...


No -- what I MEANT was, I wanna' GO to the high bar...

... I think I should go...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
User avatar
teardropper
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby International Incident » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:40 am

Dunno about smart, dunno about bars (I like bars) but you are all my kind of people.

But remember peeps, once the ticket kerfuffle has died off we will get a whole bunch of people asking fecking stupid questions that have been answered a gazillion times before, and if the poster had done any research they would have known the answer... and we need to be grateful for those people, and not throttle them, because nothing can be as bad as some of the nasty awful stuff that I have seen posted on eplaya over the last few weeks.
User avatar
International Incident
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby lemur » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am

DID SOMEONE SAY PICANICK BASKETS !?

Image
Don't link to anything here!
User avatar
lemur
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Madagascar
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Elorrum » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 am

melaniejane wrote:Dunno about smart, dunno about bars (I like bars) but you are all my kind of people.

But remember peeps, once the ticket kerfuffle has died off we will get a whole bunch of people asking fecking stupid questions that have been answered a gazillion times before, and if the poster had done any research they would have known the answer... and we need to be grateful for those people, and not throttle them, because nothing can be as bad as some of the nasty awful stuff that I have seen posted on eplaya over the last few weeks.

yes. let's get back to how to do stuff, and make things. neither of which require panic or vitriol.
Last edited by Elorrum on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight on a carousel ride
Reaching for the gold ring down inside

2015 eplaya meet and greet/ Barbie Death Village/ 7 and E/ Wed. 6PM
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 5100
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby dangerous » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:36 am

i am going to ask stupid questions just to see how smart you really are.

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
User avatar
dangerous
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 am

this thread seems to have concluded that smart is relative, unlike my relatives
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 am

I was looking at one of my buissness cards today, "Everything for everybody all the time" and realized...............thats Burning Man! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8861
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby OregonRed » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 pm

So, W.A. Mozart, Beethoven, J.S. Bach, or Chopin?

That's what smart people listen too, right?
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Image
User avatar
OregonRed
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:13 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:00 pm

OregonRed wrote:So, W.A. Mozart, Beethoven, J.S. Bach, or Chopin?

That's what smart people listen too, right?


Ummmmm, this week it's LMFAO, Infected Mushroom, and various versions of "Scots Wha' Hae." :P

And, you are definitely supposed to post here, OregonRed!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Box Burner » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:...to comment in this thread.

Because I have had it with stupid people for tonight.


Elorrum wrote:
melaniejane wrote:Dunno about smart, dunno about bars (I like bars) but you are all my kind of people.

But remember peeps, once the ticket kerfuffle has died off we will get a whole bunch of people asking fecking stupid questions that have been answered a gazillion times before, and if the poster had done any research they would have known the answer... and we need to be grateful for those people, and not throttle them, because nothing can be as bad as some of the nasty awful stuff that I have seen posted on eplaya over the last few weeks.

yes. let's get back to how to do stuff, and make things. neither of which require panic or vitriol.


I don't think this thread is about noobs. Or stupid questions. Or even about noobs asking stupid questions.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

.
User avatar
Box Burner
 
Posts: 5770
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm

What is 42?
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby teardropper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:What is 42?


... the meaning of life...?
\^/
/..\ Furthur
User avatar
teardropper
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:58 pm

The Oldest Rule in the Book
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby tattoogoddess » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 am

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209 7494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651 3282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102 7019385211055596446229489549303819644288109756659334461 2847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432 6648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920 9628292540917153643678925903600113305305488204665213841 4695194151160943305727036575959195309218611738193261179 3105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011 9491298336733624406566430860213949463952247371907021798 6094370277053921717629317675238467481846766940513200056 8127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901 2249534301465495853710507922796892589235420199561121290 2196086403441815981362977477130996051870721134999999837


am I good to post?
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
User avatar
tattoogoddess
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Iowa
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: House Of Stark

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:26 am

tattoogoddess wrote:3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209 7494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651 3282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102 7019385211055596446229489549303819644288109756659334461 2847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432 6648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920 9628292540917153643678925903600113305305488204665213841 4695194151160943305727036575959195309218611738193261179 3105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011 9491298336733624406566430860213949463952247371907021798 6094370277053921717629317675238467481846766940513200056 8127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901 2249534301465495853710507922796892589235420199561121290 2196086403441815981362977477130996051870721134999999837


am I good to post?


only if you really like pie.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby International Incident » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 am

Eric wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209 7494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651 3282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102 7019385211055596446229489549303819644288109756659334461 2847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432 6648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920 9628292540917153643678925903600113305305488204665213841 4695194151160943305727036575959195309218611738193261179 3105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011 9491298336733624406566430860213949463952247371907021798 6094370277053921717629317675238467481846766940513200056 8127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901 2249534301465495853710507922796892589235420199561121290 2196086403441815981362977477130996051870721134999999837


am I good to post?


only if you really like pie.


Facepalm

Thanks for that
User avatar
International Incident
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby lemur » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:44 am

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!
Don't link to anything here!
User avatar
lemur
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Madagascar
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby teardropper » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:16 am

teardropper wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:What is 42?


... the meaning of life...?


More precisely, The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMxnr1aEtf0
\^/
/..\ Furthur
User avatar
teardropper
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby graidawg » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 am

tattoogoddess wrote:3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209 7494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651 3282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102 7019385211055596446229489549303819644288109756659334461 2847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432 6648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920 9628292540917153643678925903600113305305488204665213841 4695194151160943305727036575959195309218611738193261179 3105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011 9491298336733624406566430860213949463952247371907021798 6094370277053921717629317675238467481846766940513200056 8127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901 2249534301465495853710507922796892589235420199561121290 2196086403441815981362977477130996051870721134999999837


am I good to post?


as Supreme Deacon of the 1st Church of Pie this is a good post. Pie is good
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Raymaker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:19 am

sensible as in say something other than pre-lottery that everyone who was predicting a massive failure were stupid?
User avatar
Raymaker
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: London. UK

Re: You Must Be This Smart...

Postby Rice » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 am

My office number is 101010. (I have no idea why it is like that) Anyhow, if I use that as a binary number and then convert it to arabic I get 42. Does that mean I represent the meaning of life?

Image
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
User avatar
Rice
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: da
Burning Since: 2007

Next

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntiM and 5 guests