OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

All things outside of Burning Man.

for those that have ears.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 am

LISTEN!


fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 am

Adding check to column of why I like Simon list.
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 am

Do they moop their Molotov cocktails?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 am

Bob wrote:Do they moop their Molotov cocktails?


Lol. Haven't seen those get busted out yet.
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 am

On the message front, I have to say that seeing some idiots carrying a "Zeitgeist: The Movie" banner with the crowd really made my eyes roll. It was nice that they were blocking the curb cut so I told them that their placement made them look like idiots.

Damned piggy-backers...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39959
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Saint George.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:36 am

fucking A+...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

that's a good video, and worth aspiration, to be sure.
I see at times, people trying to "go big", when, to me, leading and living by example, does more in the long run.
Just as it took generations, to get where we are, for the most part, it'll take generations, to change it, if it's to last any time at all.
"Hearts and minds, Horatio, hearts and minds".........IMHO
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27538
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 am

"It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

Fucking AA+++
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

the time is NOW.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 am

fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Saint George.

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:fucking A+...


nodding in agreement.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27538
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

fall down seven times stand up eight.

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 am

prepare to be amazed at the agility of a sleeping giant.


"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
User avatar
Roberto Dobbisano
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Dobbidossola, Italy.

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:24 am

Lol!

Thread drift? :P
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 am

thread tangent.

batman approved.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
User avatar
Roberto Dobbisano
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Dobbidossola, Italy.

FOCUS!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 am

read between the lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: FOCUS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:45 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:read between the lines.


Love it!
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 am

well when i tried rolling the bill into a straw it read "ha ha Suckers!" instead...
fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Nise
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
User avatar
Sic Pup
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Location, Location

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby lucky420 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Simon +1000000000000000
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 5832
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Are you referring us to the National Institute for Science Education or commenting on the previous post? If the latter, please try "Nice"; if the former, my apologies. :wink:
Sic Pup wrote:Nise
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13035
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

what, no bubblegum?

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:34 pm

fuck you, it's magic



Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 15795
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:03 pm

jkisha wrote:Are you referring us to the National Institute for Science Education or commenting on the previous post? If the latter, please try "Nice"; if the former, my apologies. :wink:
Sic Pup wrote:Nise


It conveys exactly what I meant to convey.

Irregardless of what others may think I believe if an arrangement of letters successfully communicates a thought to its target audience it's a word.

Maybe it wasn't meant for you? but thanks for the suggestion, I'll take it under advisement. :wink:
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
User avatar
Sic Pup
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Location, Location

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Zulegoona » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Like I’ve said elsewhere I’m no activist, as important as I think this is and as just I think many of the causes to be, at this time I can’t join the protests on the street. I like so many others are already caught deep in the trap. I work for a nonprofit, my mortgage takes over half my monthly income, I need heat and food in the months to come and I have no savings. I can’t afford the repercussions of even one night in jail and mounting a defense against the simplest charges. I try to diminish the gilt I feel for not being there by trying to help others to do what needs to be done.

Some links people might be interested in:

Chicago http://occupychi.org/
Iowa http://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-IOWA/254109081297272
Michigan http://www.facebook.com/OccupyMichigan
Minnesota http://www.occupymn.org/
Kansas City http://www.facebook.com/occupykc
Salt Lake City https://www.facebook.com/pages/OccupySTL/239033469481751
Omaha http://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Omaha/256875934351305?ref=ts
Fargo https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Fargo-Moorhead/209695512429142
Cincinnati https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120301874743081
Cleveland https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=209338735799061
Milwaukee https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-M ... 2382232714
Madison http://www.facebook.com/OccupyMadison
Oklahoma https://www.facebook.com/OccupyOklahomaCity
DC https://www.facebook.com/pages/OCCUPYDC-Oct-6-2011/164322683652471
Birmingham http://www.facebook.com/occupy.birmingham?sk=info
Maine https://www.facebook.com/OccupyMaine
Tampa, FL http://www.facebook.com/OccupyTampa
Floridahttp://www.facebook.com/occupyflorida
Louisville http://www.facebook.com/OccupyLouisville
Atlanta http://occupyatlanta.org/
Dallas https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDallas
Los Angeles http://occupylosangeles.org/
San Francisco http://occupysf.com/
San Francisco https://www.facebook.com/OccupySF
Montana https://www.facebook.com/groups/258609357511713/
Reno https://www.facebook.com/occupyreno
Eugene https://www.facebook.com/groups/198569370212056/
Portland https://www.facebook.com/OccupyPortland
Seattle http://www.facebook.com/OccupySeattle

If you don’t see your state or city look here.
http://www.occupytogether.org/
User avatar
Zulegoona
 
Posts: 7097
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:54 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Many of us are in the same trap as you good sir - then add a wife and 3 kids at home. Were it just the two of us - we would be out there in a heart beat. At this moment in our history, at the edge of winter, I place my will and support to the cause, but must remain enslaved until such a time as my choices are eliminated and there is but one choice.
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
User avatar
MOOP_Nazi
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: A Future Wasteland Near You!!

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:25 pm

For those without the courage to fight for your rights in person, there is a virtual event you might consider. http://www.civic.moveon.org/joinvirtual ... t.fb.v1.g0
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13035
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sola Gangsta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

The time has been long overdue for this. I was wondering why there weren't riots in 1988 after the Keating savings and load scandal, Rodney King, etc... When would people wake up if not for these things?

Since then I've thought of many ways to bring down the leadership as have my friends but everyone is on a different page. If everyone did one of the following in unison it would have widespread consequences and cause a major shift in leadership:

1. Get rid of your cable tv and stop watching television all together.
2. Stop buying from corporations like Walmart, McDonalds, etc. (The vote that really counts is in your wallet, not at the voting booth).
3. Trade with your neighbors in your own currency (barter to start with).
4. If you have Amish farms nearby, support them by paying them for the things that you would have paid corporations.
5. Localize everything you can. Globalization has been hyped to be the "solve everything" solution but it creates more problems than it solves and allows the middle man to come in (government especially). The federal govt is a parasite upon the state governments and likewise the state to county.

There are other options for the above list but I want to point out a fundamental problem which is not what you might think (the economy). The real problem from the perspective of the true rulers of the world is overpopulation. Part of the reason for cutting into prosperity and making us poor is that we are far out-stripping their ability to cope and stay in control. So wars are their favorite solution to keep down the population and stop us from breeding like rabbits. When prosperity comes to the people, they have families and in a generation you have a whole new group much larger than before who need jobs.

I've heard it said that you can fit the entire population of the world in the area the size of Los Angeles. If people would limit their control and elbow room to their shoulders then population would not be much of a problem, but I'm even feeling it out in the desert camping after burning man in the Mt. Charleston area (Spring Mountains). After coming down, I was approached by BLM forest service asking if I'd like to take a survey which had such questions as "Do you feel safe here?, How many times have you visited?, what do you think of the condition of the roads?, etc... (obviously the goal was to see if they could charge entrance fees). I guess I'll have to find someplace else because the main reason I went up there was to not be bothered. As far a safety is concerned, I was curious what threats they perceived? Drug gangs? The greatest dangers up there are rattle snakes and black widows, but she seemed so "civilized" that I was afraid that I'd have to coach her on proper survival and wondered if she even knew what real dangers there were.
1II1I11I
User avatar
Sola Gangsta
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: the desert, Nevada

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm

LOL dare I point out that your use of "irregardless" would make Sarah Palin proud? :shock:
Believe it or not, words and their usage communicate more about the userthann just their intent.
Edited to apologize. I'm not the grammar police, use whatever words suite your fancy.
Sic Pup wrote:
jkisha wrote:Are you referring us to the National Institute for Science Education or commenting on the previous post? If the latter, please try "Nice"; if the former, my apologies. :wink:
Sic Pup wrote:Nise


It conveys exactly what I meant to convey.

Irregardless of what others may think I believe if an arrangement of letters successfully communicates a thought to its target audience it's a word.

Maybe it wasn't meant for you? but thanks for the suggestion, I'll take it under advisement. :wink:
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13035
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Ya, good luck with all of that. :roll:

Sola Gangsta wrote:The time has been long overdue for this. I was wondering why there weren't riots in 1988 after the Keating savings and load scandal, Rodney King, etc... When would people wake up if not for these things?

Since then I've thought of many ways to bring down the leadership as have my friends but everyone is on a different page. If everyone did one of the following in unison it would have widespread consequences and cause a major shift in leadership:

1. Get rid of your cable tv and stop watching television all together.
2. Stop buying from corporations like Walmart, McDonalds, etc. (The vote that really counts is in your wallet, not at the voting booth).
3. Trade with your neighbors in your own currency (barter to start with).
4. If you have Amish farms nearby, support them by paying them for the things that you would have paid corporations.
5. Localize everything you can. Globalization has been hyped to be the "solve everything" solution but it creates more problems than it solves and allows the middle man to come in (government especially). The federal govt is a parasite upon the state governments and likewise the state to county.

There are other options for the above list but I want to point out a fundamental problem which is not what you might think (the economy). The real problem from the perspective of the true rulers of the world is overpopulation. Part of the reason for cutting into prosperity and making us poor is that we are far out-stripping their ability to cope and stay in control. So wars are their favorite solution to keep down the population and stop us from breeding like rabbits. When prosperity comes to the people, they have families and in a generation you have a whole new group much larger than before who need jobs.

I've heard it said that you can fit the entire population of the world in the area the size of Los Angeles. If people would limit their control and elbow room to their shoulders then population would not be much of a problem, but I'm even feeling it out in the desert camping after burning man in the Mt. Charleston area (Spring Mountains). After coming down, I was approached by BLM forest service asking if I'd like to take a survey which had such questions as "Do you feel safe here?, How many times have you visited?, what do you think of the condition of the roads?, etc... (obviously the goal was to see if they could charge entrance fees). I guess I'll have to find someplace else because the main reason I went up there was to not be bothered. As far a safety is concerned, I was curious what threats they perceived? Drug gangs? The greatest dangers up there are rattle snakes and black widows, but she seemed so "civilized" that I was afraid that I'd have to coach her on proper survival and wondered if she even knew what real dangers there were.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13035
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sola Gangsta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 pm

jkisha wrote:Ya, good luck with all of that. :roll:


:arrow: Exactly my point. Everyone is on a different page as I said so it will never happen.
1II1I11I
User avatar
Sola Gangsta
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: the desert, Nevada

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:41 pm

FWIW from the account I read from one of the participants the demonstrators had a permit to walk across the bridge on the pedestrian path. This restriction was clearly and repeatedly conveyed to the protestors (the person reporting this said he heard it a half dozen times). When the group approached the bridge there was a bottleneck due to the number of people and the width of the entrance to the path. Many demonstrators, in their fervor, chose to use the roadway. Many who were already on the pedestrian walkway saw what was happening and climbing into the roadway and it was at that point they were all instructed to get onto the walkway. The police even let people leave the roadway to go into the designated area and only when it was clear that some staunchly refused did the flex cuffs come out and they were then detained, bussed out, issued summonses and released.

I've walked all the East River bridges and the Brooklyn bridge had a very wide walkway, wider than all the others (I never walked the GW bridge so can't speak for that). It's capable of handling pedestrians as well as bicycles in both directions, in fact, there's a local controversy right now regarding the hiring of agents who have the specific task of reminding peds and bicyclists to mind their lanes (something else to protest).

It appears that the incident was a result of either poor communication or deliberate (no pun intended) refusal to demonstrate by the terms of the permit.

The point is I have protested in the city many times, smoke-ins with the Yippies (raining joints!), antiwar protests as well as many, many times protesting cuts in CUNY funds as a young man, I've even protested WITH off-duty cops and correction officers during the CUNY thing. My experience has been as long as you stay within the parameters of the permit you have nothing to fear regarding arrests, YMMV.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
User avatar
Sic Pup
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Location, Location

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm

jkisha wrote:LOL dare I point out that your use of "irregardless" would make Sarah Palin proud? :shock:


I didn't think I would need to explain it but I intentionally chose that variant of the word.

jkisha wrote:Believe it or not, words and their usage communicate more about the userthann just their intent.
Edited to apologize. I'm not the grammar police, use whatever words suite your fancy.


Couldn't agree more and apology accepted. :wink:

I usually don't comment on apparent typos but that's the second time you used it, the first time I censored my thoughts of spacious and pricey accomodations.


This time I didn't.
Last edited by Sic Pup on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
User avatar
Sic Pup
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Location, Location

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests