OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Bob wrote:Blame Vermin Supreme.

Now if you had a serious political movement, wouldn't you want a "full-on loon" in the opposite camp?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Box Burner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 am

Just thought it was time for some quotes.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always
kept alive." -- Thomas Jefferson 1787

"The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty and the destiny of the
republican model of government are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as
finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American
people." -- George Washington, in his First Inaugural Address, April 30, 1789

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and
tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country
can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people
preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson to William
Stephens Smith, 1787

"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to
reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the
people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience." -- John Locke, 1690
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby ygmir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:37 am

Box Burner wrote:Just thought it was time for some quotes.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always
kept alive." -- Thomas Jefferson 1787

"The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty and the destiny of the
republican model of government are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as
finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American
people." -- George Washington, in his First Inaugural Address, April 30, 1789

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and
tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country
can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people
preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson to William
Stephens Smith, 1787

"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to
reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the
people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience." -- John Locke, 1690

+10
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

OWS and its derivatives (hahah joke get it) ain't going away. If there ain't gonna be serious regulation then there will be serious revolution. It's inevitable. The economy ain't fixed, it's still broken and the fox (another pun) is guarding the hen house....or the white house???

Smash the ass of the ruling class.....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Elderberry » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 am

All of this talk about BIG GOVERNMENT is totally misdirected.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 am

I just wonder whose blood we're going to norish that tree with, and I hope it's not mine.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I just wonder whose blood we're going to norish that tree with, and I hope it's not mine.

it's not so much, should it be yours, as it is, are you willing to nourish said tree? Are there circumstances, you'd bleed for?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Box Burner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Stephens Smith, 1787

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I just wonder whose blood we're going to norish that tree with, and I hope it's not mine.

it's not so much, should it be yours, as it is, are you willing to nourish said tree? Are there circumstances, you'd bleed for?

It seems that Thomas Jefferson felt that the longer it was between feedings, the more blood it would take to nourish the tree.

Box Burner

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:24 pm

I simply wonder, especially after the French and Russian Revolutions, if that tree is Liberty or something else...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby Box Burner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 pm

The Tree of liberty is just what it says and the problem is not with the tree. Rather, it is with the people who are all pointing at the tree and promising to take you there. As with the Russian and French revolutions, backing the right horse is crucial. A revolt every 20 years would have little or no bloodshed because little would need to be restored. Occupy is such a revolt. But we have waited too long and it is almost certainly too little too late. The more dire the need for change and restoration of the rights of the people, the greater the chance that someone, who is only interested in putting himself into power, will hijack the revolution and give us a bloodbath that would make Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge look benevolent.

After the depression and WWII the American people rode a crest of prosperity that was one of the greatest in history. They wanted and got the best of everything for their their kids. Those kids got the best education that any people had ever had. And when in the 60's and early seventies those highly educated kids started pointing out the the system was fucked up, and then started protesting because their leaders and parents would not listen, they were called liars, misfits and malcontents by the politicians, who then called out the police and the National guard to "put them in their place." And then the parents (who should have been the first to listen) slapped their own kids down instead of paying attention to them because, after all, was it not those same politicians who had led them into such great prosperity? Surely they would not lie!

So here we are again and the kids are once again pointing out how fucked up things are. More fucked up than it was then. Are we, who were the kids in the 60's, going to pay attention to our kids and stand up and do something about it? Or are we going to listen to the lies and let the politicians call out the Brown Shirts (homeland security) and the National Guard. How may more Kent States do we need?

Box Burner

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Ukrainian Women Rock

Littleflower-----you next?

DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) -- Three topless Ukrainian protesters were detained Saturday while trying to break into an invitation-only gathering of international CEOs and political leaders to call attention to the needs of the world's poor. Separately, demonstrators from the Occupy movement marched to the edge of the gathering and engaged in a brief standoff with police.

After a complicated journey to reach the heavily guarded Swiss resort town of Davos, the Ukrainians arrived at the entrance to the complex where the World Economic Forum takes place every year.

With temperatures around freezing in the snow-filled town, they took off their tops and tried to climb a fence before being detained. "Crisis! Made in Davos," read one message painted across a protester's torso, while others held banners that said "Poor, because of you" and "Gangsters party in Davos."

Davos police spokesman Thomas Hobi said the three women were taken to a police station and told that they weren't allowed to demonstrate without a permit — or naked. They were released later Saturday.

The activists are from the Ukrainian group Femen, which has staged small, half-naked protests to highlight a range of issues including oppression of political opposition.

"We came here to Switzerland to Davos to explain the position of all poor people of the world, to explain that we are poor because of these rich people who now sit in the building," said Inna Schewcenko.

Protesters from the Occupy movement that started with opposition to practices on Wall Street held a separate rally in Davos on Saturday. A small group of protesters are camped in igloos in Davos to call for more help for the needy.

About 100 Occupy protesters gathered in front of the town hall. Some held placards with slogans such as "If voting would change anything, it would be illegal" and "Don't let them decide for you, Occupy WEF."

Later, a small group split from the rally and marched toward the forum, prompting about a dozen police officers to hastily erect a mobile barrier as Saturday shoppers looked on with bemusement.

The demonstrators chanted anti-capitalist slogans and engaged in a brief violent standoff with police that resulted in a car's rear window being smashed. Officers used pepper spray against the protesters and detained seven people, Hobi said. Nobody was injured.

One member of the Occupy camp was invited to speak at a special event outside the forum on Friday night to discuss the future of capitalism; British opposition leader Ed Miliband was also speaking.

Soon after the panel discussion began, some activists in the audience jumped up and started chanting slogans, and the protester panelist walked off the stage.

Other members of the audience told the activists to "shut up" and arguments disrupted the panel for about 20 minutes. The discussion then resumed, without the Occupy panelist.

___

Anja Niedringhaus, Michel Euler and Paolo Santalucia contributed to this report.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 pm

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Ukrainian women have got this down.
cowboyangel

Postby littleflower » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:34 pm

cowboyangel wrote:Ukrainian Women Rock

Littleflower-----you next?

Hey cowboy ... i will if you will.

i think i see a few smiles on those faces .......
littleflower

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Occupy Oakland tried to burn a flag last night.

How fucking stupid can you be? Don't let the old lefty habits take over. If those worked, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Occupy Stupid...
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 pm

They trashed the interior of city hall. Not helping. Time to stop pretending that rioting mobs can be an effective political "statement".
Ugly Dougly

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Indeed. The whole thing was a mess. I know, Oakland is a mess. On so many levels. Wonderful city in other ways.

And then there's the kid who killed his parents, who had been arguing with him about the time he spent at Occupy Oakland. Black eyes. I'm so angry that this crap is going on...
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Burning the flag was a stupid move. The Occupy Movement needs focus and integrity and all that in very big doses.
cowboyangel

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:19 pm

cowboyangel wrote:Burning the flag was a stupid move. The Occupy Movement needs focus and integrity and all that in very big doses.

very true......letting the "rabble rousers" get a foothold, will damage them severely in the public arena.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Miami got shut down. Oakland has had tensions before occupy, alot of anger against polce and politicians has been brewing for years. Oakland may be the city for the next "big riot", too much brutality and corruption in Oakland.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 pm

I haven't given up on Oakland, in fact I feel much better after witnessing this meeting myself last night.
Check it out.
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 pm

we haven't gone away........
cowboyangel

Postby Box Burner » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 am

cowboyangel wrote:Burning the flag was a stupid move. The Occupy Movement needs focus and integrity and all that in very big doses.

If you must burn a flag; make one with the big bank logos on it (not super imposed on an American flag) and burn that.

Box Burner

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Box Burner wrote:

If you must burn a flag; make one with the big bank logos on it (not super imposed on an American flag) and burn that.

Amen Bro
cowboyangel

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:32 pm

You talk about as if there is some sort of strategic guidance, while in reality, it is - at its worst - a mindless mob.
Ugly Dougly

Postby unjonharley » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:

You talk about as if there is some sort of strategic guidance, while in reality, it is - at its worst - a mindless mob.

I would say " at best"
unjonharley

Postby Box Burner » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:37 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:

Perhaps it would seem to be a mindless mob. A mob perhaps at times, but not mindless. Each individual in the "mob" sees and points at a different part of the problem. Or what seems to be (to them) a different problem. It is only a matter of time before they come to the realization that "all roads lead to Rome" and they are all pointing in the same direction. Then all the individuals will be ready to act as one. The 1%, the Banks and corporations, have good reason to fear this sleeping giant. For once awakened it will not be stopped. They are using all the smoke and mirrors they can to keep this giant lulled to sleep and "mindless".

Box Burner

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 pm

cowboyangel wrote:

I haven't given up on Oakland, in fact I feel much better after witnessing this meeting myself last night.
Check it out.

Labor and African American activists are aligning with Occupy in Oakland. I've met these folks and I would not describe them as a "mindless mob".

Those who do the rock throwing are a fraction.
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 am

http://www.occupy-our-homes.info/

Everybody...the Occupy Movement isn't dead.....it has morphed into its more sophisticated cousin and CJ Holmes is proof. Last night I attended a fantastic Teach-In in Berkeley on surviving the mortgage crisis and what we can do about it. I'll post videos later on today.

This realtor, CJ has given me great cause for hope. Check out her web site, take the Red Pill, see how deep the corruption in the financial sector goes. Like Morpheus and Neo and Trinity, we can beat this thing, if we hang together and fight.

Love,
Cowboyangel
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 am

cowboyangel

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion