Confessions.

All things outside of Burning Man.

Confessions.

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:23 pm

Admit it. You'll feel better.

Or heck, brag about it. You'll feel proud.
PJ

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:24 pm

Last edited by PJ on Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:25 pm

Those great big bags of M&Ms? I ate a whole one myself.

And another one while travelling home.

And I should finish a third one later tonight.
PJ

Postby Zane5100 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:28 pm

PJ wrote:Those great big bags of M&Ms? I ate a whole one myself.

And another one while travelling home.

And I should finish a third one later tonight.

freak
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby blyslv » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:39 pm

I confess to wishing that I'd gotten more spankings...

I confess that if the boyfriend of the girl that was mauling me in center camp had been more attractive, things might have gotten a lot more uhm... interactive.

I confess that I was surly to some people I didn't think had the "BM spirit" when they came to the bar.

I confess that I've already started thinking about next year and what I can do to make it "better."
blyslv

here it comes

Postby Friendly Jen » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:32 pm

I confess that I did not attend a single sex camp on the list I compiled pre burn because I was to busy fucking my boyfriend.

I confess that I got at least 4 hours of sleep every night at burningman

I confess that I was ready to go on Friday

I confess that I did not feel guilty for any of this
Friendly Jen

Re: here it comes

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:37 pm

Friendly Jen wrote:...I was to busy fucking my boyfriend...

With a strap-on, I hope? Remember to post the .jpgs when you're not too busy.
PJ

Postby TestesInSac » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:48 pm

I confess to finding this "BM spirit" a nebulous and doubtful thing, as I seem to have no faculty for defining it.

I confess to looking quite askance at the dreadlocked hippie consumers of everyone else's extras, particulary those that profess to know this "BM spirit" well enough to declare who is in violation of it.

And I confess to leaving early Sunday, 31 Aug and being quite eager and relieved to be home. My real, actual, home.
TestesInSac

Postby Spokes » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:50 pm

I confess I thought about fucking somebody else's boyfriend but then it didn't happen, so what's to confess?
Spokes

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:51 pm

casnimot wrote:I confess to finding this "BM spirit" a nebulous and doubtful thing, as I seem to have no faculty for defining it.

I confess to agreeing with Tom.

Oh, and that this new e-playa is kinda creepy, seeing as how I know when y'all are on here as well. They're watching us watching them watching us ...
Halo Joe

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:53 pm

I confess I thought about fucking somebody

If I had to confess everytime *this* happened...
Lydia Love

Postby precipitate » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:54 pm

> seeing as how I know when y'all are on here as well

You can always hide.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby Spokes » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:59 pm

>You can always hide.
But we know who you are anyway so what's the point? Take your clothes off and dive in.
Spokes

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:00 pm

Spokes wrote:Take your clothes off and dive in.

Seems that's what I did back in 1999 to get into this mess in the first place...
Halo Joe

Postby TawnyGnosis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:01 pm

Confession: The new e-playa makes me uncomfortable. Why can't I be slack and comfortable in my old ways?

Hey Halo Joe, thanks for the great conversation on the periphery of the meet n' greet. I stopped by the Glom later and leafed through sadistic magazines, what a great camp.
TawnyGnosis

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:07 pm

tempest wrote:Confession: The new e-playa makes me uncomfortable. Why can't I be slack and comfortable in my old ways?

Hey Halo Joe, thanks for the great conversation on the periphery of the meet n' greet. I stopped by the Glom later and leafed through sadistic magazines, what a great camp.

Why, yer more than welcome, although "great" might be a bit strong. I'd go with something like "mildly entertaining before running off to crash (or become the life of) another party..."

Oh, and it looks as if I'll be heading toward Kali-forn-eye-ay before too long. I have to come make mischief with a friend in San Diego, and some other folks in El Lay are ordering me to fly there and rent a car. (Bay area, yer on the list as well.)
Halo Joe

Postby TawnyGnosis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:20 pm

awww, I really enjoyed the conversation. I wasn't really in my wild life of the party kind of mood anyway. I went home and crashed the party of my camp to recooperate before I went off n' flying again.

If you're in LA you should let me know.

Now I'm waiting to have my hair rebraided at a friends house so I have ample time to screw around the new messed up e-playa.
TawnyGnosis

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:39 pm

I'm working -- can't you tell? (Specifically, I'm serving as the final set of eyes for the front page and A sectino of the Friday edition of my newspaper.) Then, about 1 a.m., I'm going out. Woohoo!

Make sure the friend doesn't braid too tightly, unless yer into that sort of thing. (Is there such a thing as hair masochism? Well, other than my 'do ... har!)
Halo Joe

Postby TawnyGnosis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:05 pm

I'm nore into the loose dready look rather than the African American princess style.

Sigh I don't want to go to school just yet. I'm still in my screwing around mode...

Hair masocism? One of my favorite types of pain..hehe.
TawnyGnosis

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:24 pm

tempest wrote:Hair masocism? One of my favorite types of pain..hehe.

Hmmm ... that, of course, implies there are other favorite types. (Har!) I just shave mine -- call it follicle genocide.

BTW, did y'all ever notice how we just keep on learning about each other through the e-playa? Just another lil' miracle of this wacky modern world.
Halo Joe

Postby Jane Eric » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:43 pm

I confess I let Don talk me into being spanked at The Glom for being so bad to all our passengers. I confess I didn't mind a bit when he dragged me over there. It made the ride up the chair for a view of the playa a rather warm experience on the arse. I further confess I think I'd like to do it again.
Jane Eric

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:50 pm

Halo Joe wrote:
tempest wrote:...did y'all ever notice how we just keep on learning about each other through the e-playa?

That's why I prefer the old E-Playa design and system. Its simplicity was more conducive to community building. The greater response time didn't hurt either.
PJ

Postby TawnyGnosis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:04 pm

Jane, I liked your comment about being the way you used to be. I could really tell what you meant by that. I think you're probably a lot worse behaved than I am though still.

The new e-playa sucks, it feels so sterile and without the old dysfunctional soul!

Halo, you know that I pictured you to be the complete opposite who who are you really are in real life. Some older lenin look a like, nerdy guy. haha
TawnyGnosis

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:10 pm

it feels so sterile

Funny how little additions like the fucking TM emoticons - probably intended to give the place warmth could make it feel the opposite - to me anyway.

And the lack of general discussion of any type - and apparently none to ever be implemented.

Hmmm... ok... been drinkin... maybe I should stop posting now.

Oh yea -and the semicolon! Where the hell is that little mysterious wink of a semicolon. I miss it!
Lydia Love

Postby stu » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:28 pm

I confess that I also enjoyed getting spanked at the Glom -- I'm noticing a common thread amongst us e-playans -- and that I dislike the new bbs as well. I'm with PJ, the simplicity of the old format lent itself to development of verbal expression (thanks to my wife for that one) and discussion.
<i>What's</i> my fucking gift?
stu

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:47 pm

tempest wrote:Jane, I liked your comment about being the way you used to be. I could really tell what you meant by that. I think you're probably a lot worse behaved than I am though still.

Don't be so sure.

tempest wrote:The new e-playa sucks, it feels so sterile and without the old dysfunctional soul!

It does seem a bit ... odd. (So far, at least. I'm sure we'll adjust.)

tempest wrote:Halo, you know that I pictured you to be the complete opposite who who are you really are in real life. Some older lenin look a like, nerdy guy. haha!

You mean the dialectic didn't dictate my playa appearance? HAHAHA!
Halo Joe

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:05 pm

Jane Eric wrote:I confess I let Don talk me into being spanked at The Glom for being so bad to all our passengers. I confess I didn't mind a bit when he dragged me over there. It made the ride up the chair for a view of the playa a rather warm experience on the arse. I further confess I think I'd like to do it again.

RAWK! Well, the Allahvator, Spank-o-matic and Bondage Wall should all be back next year, so I reckon we'll see you then if not sooner!
Halo Joe

huge crush

Postby ckburn » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:48 pm

i gotta confess to having developed a huge crush on a gate girl called 'the mole' after volunteering for a weird and wonderful half-shift at the gate on my way into the City this year... only to have glimpsed her just one other time the whole week! ah, next year.
ckburn

Burning Since: 2000

Re: huge crush

Postby Halo Joe » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:49 pm

curtis wrote:i gotta confess to having developed a huge crush on a gate girl called 'the mole' after volunteering for a weird and wonderful half-shift at the gate on my way into the City this year... only to have glimpsed her just one other time the whole week! ah, next year.

Next year, indeed. That's the beauty of it!
Halo Joe

Postby electrolux » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:23 am

My confession is that I was feeling mischevious on Thursday night and I decided to fuck with people at the pyramid of the man. All week I had been saying that somebody was going to fall all the way down those steep stairs, so I decided to do it myself. I didn't have the guts to fall all the way down, so I just pretended to be really intoxicated and stumbled and fell a few times. I freaked out at least on person on the stairs, and my friend reported that I definitely got the attention of the ranger on duty. But I was a good little boy and walked back down in an orderly fashion.
electrolux

Next

Return to Open Discussion