Time for a Happy Thread

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Time for a Happy Thread

Postby graidawg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:31 pm

this new eplaya seems to encourage sharing, which i do so love it for. Foxyfur I likes you Ialready thought you to be pretty damn cool, but now i thinks you are most cool. Reaally really look forward to meeting you. thats not say i am looking forward to meeting anybody else less, its funny how for me at least Burning Man has become an oppurtunity to meet so many friends and how i keep making new ones.

if any of you fucko's fail to make it the MnG ir at least barbie death camp when im there i will be upset. howeve i lnow y'all are going to turn up early on the thursday and hang around till the formal part of the MnG starts and we can all be formally introduced by mutual acquaintances in the finest english gathering tradition. i would suggest black tie and tails - but i dont have a tail.

a little thread drift there but it is half2

JK man you just answered a question for me YAY! an eplayan friend was asking about phone calls can i direct him to you?
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Ahhhh, that was such a beautiful post. Thank you, Foxfur. I sure hope I get to meet her someday. I also hope you do get to wrangle up something to let her watch some of the Burn that would be really neat.

<3
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby ygmir » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm

fuckin beautiful, man...........thanks Ff.........* sniff, sniff*.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Fufa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Foxfur, you got me tearing up when I read that. Simply from your posts on here, I see that you are a really special. I'm going to reiterate everyone else and say it's beautiful... and it really is. I have so much admiration for you and your sweetpea right now. She sounds like she has a beautiful soul. I hope that you will be able to bring her sometime soon to experience burning man together. It's great to be there with the one you love.
Fufa

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:43 am

(((Foxfur)))

((((((Sweetpea))))))

*slow happy twirling dance for the wonders of love*
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re:

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 am

delle wrote:Oooh. Slight addendum to my last post:

Of course, now that I have the acme bodyform (which is sitting in the front entrance being used as a coatrack at the moment), I now no longer need the bust I made of myself out of ducttape. This is good news to my son and his friends, who I think get weirded out with my body floating in the air hanging from the rafters around here.....

So..... what to do with it.

Dress the form and sit it at the dining table. They are great listeners. we have a few around the house posed with various outfits.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 am

Foxfur: thanks for sharing Sweetpeas's joy and happiness about positive things in your lives. next time we are together, remind me to give you some playa dust so she can share that also.

Each year after we get home, the pieces of carpet we lay out around camp get hosed off and sucked with a clean shop vac, collecting about 10 gallons of 'playa water' After a week or so the water is poured off the top and the settled playa is dried and screened. This leaves about a half gallon of playa dust for annointing various things.. opening the jars always brings back memories.
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
EspressoDude

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 am

She is an amazing woman. She has accepted her situation much better than I (who still would like to get hold of the driver...). We had a great long talk after I told her I posted her unauthorized biography :shock: . She's a pretty private person but after I read her what you've all written she has a whole new understanding of eplaya and burning man. As much as is possible without having gone. She is amazed that people want to meet her :oops: . And she was so touched by the responses. We'll get her out there and hopefully in here. I hadn't any idea about the live streaming that JK mentioned. Great idea! I'm getting her a laptop in the next few days:). Since we're on dialup internet, we're gonna be in competition for the phone line. I'll let her win that one every time.
I love this place :D
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

Postby Minxy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:18 am

And we love you! :)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby maryanimal » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

I didn't look for a funny photo thread so I thought I'd put this photo in here. I found it in my clients sack of carrot!
I couldn't stop laffing when I saw it! I was going to dressit up but I don't have any doll clothes.

Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Your post about Sweetpea was so touching, Foxfur. I'm glad to know the story. You've taken to this community so absurdly well and seem made for this event, and while you had given a little detail about why you had deferred your trip for so long, it makes extra sense now: it's cause you're a good husband.

We impatiently look forward to meeting Sweetpea. Oh, & you. :D
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Foxfur » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

(((((Savannah)))))
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby Foxfur » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

maryanimal wrote:I didn't look for a funny photo thread so I thought I'd put this photo in here. I found it in my clients sack of carrot!
I couldn't stop laffing when I saw it! I was going to dressit up but I don't have any doll clothes.

MARYANIMAL! There has to be a way to preserve that!
You must bring it to the MnG.

I have a picture for you!

I saw a butterfly flitting around outside the window. It landed on our hummingbird feeder and drank deeply. Then it decided it needed a rest and flew up under the feeder to hang there. I grabbed the camera and...
The rest is history.

Happy day all!
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby maryanimal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Well, I'm going t burning man after all. I'm going to drive down. I'm going to take my time and make it a 2 day trip! What day can we actually get in? Can we come early?
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Savannah » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:10 pm

12:01am Monday morning of the event is still the official word. However, last year they opened the Gates at 6pm Sunday eve before the event, and I believe the info was posted on the official website homepage, and maybe in the Jack Rabbit Speaks email newsletter. I was already in town, so I don't know how the info was disseminated, but the word definitely got out (and was then texted all over). :lol:

If you arrive early without the gates being open, Gate might put you in "D Lot" to ponder your behavior until the morning. :)

(Dragonpilot likes partying there, and sometimes goes to Detention on purpose.)
Savannah

Postby Foxfur » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 pm

maryanimal wrote:Well, I'm going t burning man after all. I'm going to drive down. I'm going to take my time and make it a 2 day trip! What day can we actually get in? Can we come early?

Yay Maryanimal!
That's so good to hear. Very glad you made the right choice :)
Have you found a camp you'd like to camp with?
Maryanimal is coming to the burn!
Let me reiterate. Yay!
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby maryanimal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm thinking about BDC. I hope they have one more space open for me!
maryanimal

Postby Savannah » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Glad you're going to make it, Maryanimal!
Savannah

Postby Elderberry » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:50 pm

maryanimal wrote:Well, I'm going t burning man after all. I'm going to drive down. I'm going to take my time and make it a 2 day trip! What day can we actually get in? Can we come early?

Yeah!

(You need an early arrival pass to get in early. Next to impossible to come by unless you are with a large theme camp and need to come in early to help set up camp infrastructure so that it is ready for when the gates open. Usually these passes are requested by the camps well in advance.)
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby maryanimal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:00 pm

jkisha wrote:

Yeah!

(You need an early arrival pass to get in early. Next to impossible to come by unless you are with a large theme camp and need to come in early to help set up camp infrastructure so that it is ready for when the gates open. Usually these passes are requested by the camps well in advance.)

Drat the luck! Oh well! I'll wait in line like everyone else!!
maryanimal

Postby EspressoDude » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Yea for MA!! :D :D

glad things in your life have worked out so you can attend

:D does the happy dance :D
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
EspressoDude

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

This is a wonderful happy thread. I thank you all for sharing your smiles and your personal stories.
::big group hug::

Now I have to go before my reputation is ruined.
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Re: Re:

Postby delle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 am

YEAH!!!! MA is coming! MA IS coming!!!! This is the best news I've had all day!!!! :D

Now about this:

EspressoDude wrote:
delle wrote:Oooh. Slight addendum to my last post:

Of course, now that I have the acme bodyform (which is sitting in the front entrance being used as a coatrack at the moment), I now no longer need the bust I made of myself out of ducttape. This is good news to my son and his friends, who I think get weirded out with my body floating in the air hanging from the rafters around here.....

So..... what to do with it.

Dress the form and sit it at the dining table. They are great listeners. we have a few around the house posed with various outfits.

My first reaction to this was "Huh. Imagine that! A guest who listens. That'd be quite refreshing." (this borne from a recent realization between my husband and I that the vast majority of people who visit us regularly are of the Extreme Talkers ilk)

But then it hit me.

Because my diningroom table has benches rather than chairs, we'd have to prop "me" up somehow. First image was a rod as a spine. Second image was one of my kids stating the obvious.

I do NOT want to provoke the announcement "Hey mom. You've really got a stick up your ass, dont you!"

So I think we'll be burning it tonight.

(tho now I'm thinking I'll make pocketsized ones that I can carry around with me and whip out when I'm lonely, or feel a need to talk to someone outloud. I'll give them Really Interested expressions.)
GYPSY! We need your opinion on this. STAT!!
delle

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:15 am

delle wrote:(tho now I'm thinking I'll make pocketsized ones that I can carry around with me and whip out when I'm lonely, or feel a need to talk to someone outloud. I'll give them Really Interested expressions.)

My ass is gone. It was laughed right off!
Ooh ooh ooh! Put a halo on one and horns on the other. Velcro epaulets on your shoulders should hold them there.
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby delle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 am

Foxfur wrote: Ooh ooh ooh! Put a halo on one and horns on the other. Velcro epaulets on your shoulders should hold them there.

I LIKE this. Tho I'd have to be sure that the horns were made of something soft so I don't poke my eye out when I swing round to talk to it.

Or so that they don't rub against my neck incessantly, leaving me with the appearance of having multiple hickies. (although that would be interesting just for the reaction of my perky little co-workers who think I'm about 16 years past dead with no life at all to live past rocking on the porch.

types I, while sitting here rocking on the porch
delle

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 am

delle wrote:
Foxfur wrote: Ooh ooh ooh! Put a halo on one and horns on the other. Velcro epaulets on your shoulders should hold them there.

I LIKE this. Tho I'd have to be sure that the horns were made of something soft so I don't poke my eye out when I swing round to talk to it.

Or so that they don't rub against my neck incessantly, leaving me with the appearance of having multiple hickies. (although that would be interesting just for the reaction of my perky little co-workers who think I'm about 16 years past dead with no life at all to live past rocking on the porch.

Shoulder pads to keep them out of harms way, but I'm afraid you will have to go with double devils. :lol:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby delle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 am

Removable Double D's.

What a concept!!!!

I could pack a whole passel of friends in each!!!! :D
delle

Postby graidawg » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 am

Foxfur wrote:
delle wrote:(tho now I'm thinking I'll make pocketsized ones that I can carry around with me and whip out when I'm lonely, or feel a need to talk to someone outloud. I'll give them Really Interested expressions.)

My ass is gone. It was laughed right off!
Ooh ooh ooh! Put a halo on one and horns on the other. Velcro epaulets on your shoulders should hold them there.

FUCKING BRILLIANT! I WOULD WEAR THAT ALL THE TIME! as soon as i work out how to reattach my head which appears have fallen off and my ribs have split!
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 am

FIGJAM wrote:
delle wrote:

Shoulder pads to keep them out of harms way, but I'm afraid you will have to go with double devils. :lol:

Wanna borrow my shoulder pads?
They really draw looks in defaultia.
I double dog dared myself to wear them into McDonalds for the SLA (self liberating action). I felt nerdy and trepid at first. Then people came up and checked it out and most offered compliments. The kids LOVED it. Don't those people know they were only encouraging this kind of behavior.
(Overheard a little boy asking his mom if they could build some. My heart swelled thinking that he'll take mom to the burn in 10-12 years. Awww!)

Mornin' Grai!

Wait wait. Lookit this:
Hola Grai!
Quest, quest, quest!
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby delle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 am

Foxfur wrote: Wait wait. Lookit this:
Hola Grai!
Quest, quest, quest!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loved the whole post. But this? Hahahaha!

(I dressed up a friend of mine as a chicken and sent him out to do his grocery shopping once back in the early 80's. He had become very uptight and rigid and extremely disheartened with life and had come to ME for advice on how to change that. I didn't think he'd do it, but when I next talked to him he was GLOWING. Said it was absolutely the most liberating and eyeopening thing he'd experienced in a very long while. GO, FREAKS, GO!!!)
delle

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion