What sucks about you?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:19 am

ibdave wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:Amazing a Moron such as yourself can bring down a thread that attempts to make negative a positive!

But hey, choose to be a Moron!

It's your choice apparently!

After all, being positive in this thread is all I was doing!

calling the kettle black here???

DVD, just because your trying to change the cover of your life right now, doesn't mean us long-timers will buy it.. Looks like to me the same ole same ole....

pull the curtain back and post the links to all the other bulletin boards you post on or manage..... :shock: :roll: :roll:

"just because your trying to change the cover of your life right now, doesn't mean us long-timers will buy it.. Looks like to me the same ole same ole...."

You have got to be kidding!

You obviously have not read the posts of those that have met me IN PERSON!

Sucks to be you Dave!

fact is, I made this thread to be a fun happy thing!

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sham » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:33 am

I just watched several clicks of interviews with Charlie Sheen. He has a nearly non-stop ramble of disjointed babble, but in his mind he is more enlightened than everyone else. He feels that he is slicker and cooler than everyone else, and has the money and success to prove it. In reality, he will probably never work in the entertainment industry again, and will end up living on residuals for the rest of his life, blaming everyone else for those troubles.

In the case of DVD, I truly have more empathy for him. I don't think there is a drug problem here, and he does not have endless money like Sheen does. The ramblings are similar, but in his mind, they are very real and very logical.
Sham

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 am

Shambala wrote:I just watched several clicks of interviews with Charlie Sheen. He has a nearly non-stop ramble of disjointed babble, but in his mind he is more enlightened than everyone else. He feels that he is slicker and cooler than everyone else, and has the money and success to prove it. In reality, he will probably never work in the entertainment industry again, and will end up living on residuals for the rest of his life, blaming everyone else for those troubles.

In the case of DVD, I truly have more empathy for him. I don't think there is a drug problem here, and he does not have endless money like Sheen does. The ramblings are similar, but in his mind, they are very real and very logical.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Shambala, There are times when I think you are a MORON and there are times when I really really do like you.

This is one of those times.

Very funny!
:lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 am

DVD, i have not said anything about you in the real world.. Yes I have talked to a few that have met you in RL and yes they say good things about you... and that's where it stop's for the most part..

Spectabillis said this: "no - he's crossed that line with just about everyone for years now. this is no longer about everyone else antiM - its about dvd. people have been far more than tolerant with him here, when they never should have been put into that position to have to put up with it like this for so long."

I think part of this roller-coaster you seem to put the Epaya through is that we have new blood joining us everyday and this give DVD a new audience to pander to. This gets the old-timers the "fed-up" feeling because it's THE SAME OLD CRAP DIFFERENT DAY syndrome with you DVD Burner.
This is why I asked for the links to your other sites you are a member to just to help us understand who you are.. After all you seem to make it "all about you" so this is a attempt to get to know DVD Burner.

So in closing DVD. no, it doesn't suck to be me as I'm not in here trying to be the life of the party and really not contributing to the party.

Like I said, put up or shut up......
( i see your taking a break, but we know differently don't we??)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby spectabillis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:46 am

ibdave wrote: This gets the old-timers the "fed-up" feeling because it's THE SAME OLD CRAP DIFFERENT DAY syndrome with you DVD Burner.

there's not a single person left thats willing to deal with him. most mods wont even admit there's a problem anymore just so they can avoid the issue, and will even argue that you are the problem instead of dvd
spectabillis

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 am

spectabillis wrote:
ibdave wrote: This gets the old-timers the "fed-up" feeling because it's THE SAME OLD CRAP DIFFERENT DAY syndrome with you DVD Burner.

there's not a single person left thats willing to deal with him. most mods wont even admit there's a problem anymore just so they can avoid the issue, and will even argue that you are the problem instead of dvd

The mods can't ban (deactivate, suspend, block) anyone, all we can do is manage posts and threads. So why blame us (oh, I mean me) for not being able to do more than we can?? I can't delete his posts, because that's forbidden, I can lock them but he only makes more. Doesn't leave me with a lot of options, other than to advise other users to ignore him. Don't put that on me. I don't have other tools.

I think I go out of my way to talk folks down as one on one as I can. Yeah, avoid the problem my shiny ass. You're not precisely a ray of sunshine. You did hard work. You deserve credit for that. But lately, I haven't seen you do much other than bitch about DVD. Contribute something positive on the user level, and you'll be something other than a tired one trick pony. We know there's problems, but eplaya isn't going to crash right this minute because DVD is losing it. Eplaya will survive him, me, you, all of us. It will survive because we make it so however we can.

Now I have to go read all the introductions.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby graidawg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 am

AntiM wrote:
spectabillis wrote:

The mods can't ban (deactivate, suspend, block) anyone, all we can do is manage posts and threads. So why blame us (oh, I mean me) for not being able to do more than we can?? I can't delete his posts, because that's forbidden, I can lock them but he only makes more. Doesn't leave me with a lot of options, other than to advise other users to ignore him. Don't put that on me. I don't have other tools.

I think I go out of my way to talk folks down as one on one as I can. Yeah, avoid the problem my shiny ass. You're not precisely a ray of sunshine. You did hard work. You deserve credit for that. But lately, I haven't seen you do much other than bitch about DVD. Contribute something positive on the user level, and you'll be something other than a tired one trick pony. We know there's problems, but eplaya isn't going to crash right this minute because DVD is losing it. Eplaya will survive him, me, you, all of us. It will survive because we make it so however we can.

I love you aunty M and i am sure i'm not alone in that :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w[/youtube]
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby ygmir » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am

graidawg wrote:
AntiM wrote:
spectabillis wrote:

I love you aunty M and i am sure i'm not alone in that :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w[/youtube]

seconded.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sham » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 am

I love you too AntiM--and not in a creepy, stalking you at a shopping mall sort of way! :D
Without you, eplaya could not exsist.
Sham

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 am

Shambala wrote:I love you too AntiM--and not in a creepy, stalking you at a shopping mall sort of way! :D

Of course it could. That's the point, eplaya is eternal. It could not exist without oh, money and servers. You may mean, "as we know it".

The flavor selection would be different is all.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby tamarakay » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 am

i love you too antiM, but EXACTLY in the creepy stalking you at the mall kind of way :oops: :shock:
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 am

spectabillis wrote:so what step of the cyclical dvd fuckup stage is this?

but more importantly, what does it take to do something about it... hmmm?

I talked him into a self-imposed time out as I cannot give him one. If that comment is directed at the admins, only AG is here often enough to do anything about the situation. Yet if she does, I bet dollars to donuts her actions would be described as overstepping her role.

But everyone should consider the ramifications of blocking/banning a user for being a prolific, annoying, self-centered, shit stirring thread starter. We'd lose half the board. Do we hear cries of censorship? Which way do we want it?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby ibdave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:05 am

Shambala wrote:I love you too AntiM--and not in a creepy, stalking you at a shopping mall sort of way! :D

+1 ok maybe +10 8) 8) 8)

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 am

AntiM wrote:
spectabillis wrote:so what step of the cyclical dvd fuckup stage is this?

but more importantly, what does it take to do something about it... hmmm?

I talked him into a self-imposed time out as I cannot give him one. If that comment is directed at the admins, only AG is here often enough to do anything about the situation. Yet if she does, I bet dollars to donuts her actions would be described as overstepping her role.

But everyone should consider the ramifications of blocking/banning a user for being a prolific, annoying, self-centered, shit stirring thread starter. We'd lose half the board. Do we hear cries of censorship? Which way do we want it?

I like it YOUR way! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't understand why more people don't have him plonked- I read these threads and I'm just getting commentary on the situation since I can't see him. If more people plonked him he'd have less of a playground & would get bored. He's only here for whatever ego boosts the responses give him (not meant as a personal attack, mods please remove it if it is)

I don't think anyone other than the shit-stirrers would complain if you started merging his prolific threads into one "DVD" thread. If he pops up a new useless thread, merge it. That way it would be easier to find actual useful threads.

Oh, as to the inevitable "why am I here if he's plonked" question- I still like reading what other eplayans are posting, and with the plonking these are kind of zen threads.

edit: syntax
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 pm

He knows he is on the verge of merge. He's decided eplaya is not the place to be just now.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby Sail Man » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm

AntiM wrote:He knows he is on the verge of merge. He's decided eplaya is not the place to be just now.

Yes, but somehow I get this creepy feeling that he is off muttering to himself thinking just one thing, and one thing only:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac&feature=related[/youtube]

:lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby graidawg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Eric wrote:I don't understand why more people don't have him plonked- I read these threads and I'm just getting commentary on the situation since I can't see him. If more people plonked him he'd have less of a playground & would get bored. He's only here for whatever ego boosts the responses give him (not meant as a personal attack, mods please remove it if it is)

I don't think anyone other than the shit-stirrers would complain if you started merging his prolific threads into one "DVD" thread. If he pops up a new useless thread, merge it. That way it would be easier to find actual useful threads.

Oh, as to the inevitable "why am I here if he's plonked" question- I still like reading what other eplayans are posting, and with the plonking these are kind of zen threads.

me too!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Trishntek » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Soooooo has this become DVD's own "What sucks about me?" thread?

Yeah he pushes buttons and actually, I enjoyed pushing some of his the other night. I fully realize I stepped over "the line", but even that did not seem to phase him whatsoever. Are we sure he isn't Charlie Sheen's mentor?
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby spectabillis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm

AntiM wrote: So why blame us (oh, I mean me) for not being able to do more than we can?? I can't delete his posts, because that's forbidden, I can lock them but he only makes more. Doesn't leave me with a lot of options, other than to advise other users to ignore him. Don't put that on me. I don't have other tools.

i've kept track of a couple of things, and recently did a quick audit of the mod discussion topics over conflict intervention actions on a two year period. you are the only one doing anything about it antiM, so my comments are not directed solely at you.

i know full well the limitations imposed on you, i had to fight them myself and under a more constrictive environment. so i can tell you the biggest part of user moderation problems are due to org management, not anyone here. actiongrl singlehandedly set a bunch of stuff without feedback from others, then became more irresponsible by ignoring this place as volunteers tried to fight both sides to get anything done. nobody else in the org that i've talked to know anything thats going on with her and this place, everyone here has been left hanging.. twisting in the wind ever since.

but my criticisms are nothing compared to the limitations i had to work out just to get a workable compromise, i've already served my time fighting and made my suggestions. so its up to other volunteers now as i continue to stick my foot up peoples ass until something is done.
spectabillis

Postby jkisha » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Eric wrote:I don't understand why more people don't have him plonked- I read these threads and I'm just getting commentary on the situation since I can't see him. If more people plonked him he'd have less of a playground & would get bored. He's only here for whatever ego boosts the responses give him (not meant as a personal attack, mods please remove it if it is)

Ditto.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm

I think we are headed into a new transition period. Change creates discontent, but the eplaya should come out the other side much improved. I hope. I very much hope I am not wrong, and I do no think I am.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:44 pm

The post referencing ActionGrl kinda left me thinking WTF? Everything I've seen her do around here has been good over the years. This is the first time I've really seen anything said that was negative about her.

Not that my post means anything...I just found the comment interesting.

Edit: Caffeine deficiency means I can't type anymore. Sheesh!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby spectabillis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:22 pm

AntiM wrote: I think we are headed into a new transition period. Change creates discontent, but the eplaya should come out the other side much improved. I hope. I very much hope I am not wrong, and I do no think I am..

just be mindful of the real risk the org brings now despite good intentions. these deep investments of volunteers, i've seen it break some great people.

but i still kinda laugh to myself when people tell me to take a break, i already have and in many ways, still doing it. just means being fully recharged and ready to fight for what i believe in.

john law, chicken john... despite if i agree or not with whatever they say and do - have a love for those forsaken hero's who never stop, no matter the lumps and bruises they take along the way.
spectabillis

Postby ibdave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:40 pm

AntiM wrote:I think we are headed into a new transition period. Change creates discontent, but the eplaya should come out the other side much improved. I hope. I very much hope I am not wrong, and I do no think I am.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

+1 8) 8) 8)

ibdave

Postby ibdave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Trishntek wrote:Soooooo has this become DVD's own "What sucks about me?" thread?

Yeah he pushes buttons and actually, I enjoyed pushing some of his the other night. I fully realize I stepped over "the line", but even that did not seem to phase him whatsoever. Are we sure he isn't Charlie Sheen's mentor?

I was about to post the same sentiments... 8) 8) 8)

ibdave

Previous

Return to Open Discussion