Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

No
51
62%
Yes. 1 to 5 ePlayans.
26
32%
Yes. 5 to 10 ePlayans.
2
2%
Yes. 11 to 20 ePlayans.
0
No votes
Yes. I Plonked so many ePlayans that I have lost count.
3
4%
 
Total votes : 82

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby illy dilly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Savannah wrote:I've plonked you all . . . but I know what you're thinking.

And you should all be ashamed. :shock:

But, it would be fun, huh!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

This space intentionally left blank. :)
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Rice » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Only plonked one, and later rescinded that decision. There is no rule that states I must read everything...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
User avatar
Rice
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: da
Burning Since: 2007

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby ygmir » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:This space intentionally left blank. :)


*noting sticker on my forehead*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby knowmad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

I Did it but i will un-do it!
one week time out!
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 am

Just as an experiment, I actually plonked one of the top 3 posters here just to see what it would be like to not hear them speak every 30 seconds. It went swimmingly well, in all honesty. That was months ago and i have to admit that it did increase my enjoyment level a few notches.. enough to keep it that way.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 am

junglesmacks wrote:Just as an experiment, I actually plonked one of the top 3 posters here just to see what it would be like to not hear them speak every 30 seconds. It went swimmingly well, in all honesty. That was months ago and i have to admit that it did increase my enjoyment level a few notches.. enough to keep it that way.

That explains why I wasn't able to find you on playa, or get a hold of you. Damn! Foiled again!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 am

HA! This time, I'm bringing you your very own LED lightsuit so that I can easily find you on the playa horizon at night.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm

junglesmacks wrote:HA! This time, I'm bringing you your very own LED lightsuit so that I can easily find you on the playa horizon at night.

LOL!
Thats a hell of a good idea! Give it a super obnoxious blinking pattern, so that you know no matter what that particular blinking is me. O man, and do it in two colors that suck together, like yellow and pink.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Rice » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

illy dilly wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:HA! This time, I'm bringing you your very own LED lightsuit so that I can easily find you on the playa horizon at night.

LOL!
Thats a hell of a good idea! Give it a super obnoxious blinking pattern, so that you know no matter what that particular blinking is me. O man, and do it in two colors that suck together, like yellow and pink.

You have a bit of evil on your chin :)
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
User avatar
Rice
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: da
Burning Since: 2007

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 pm

stretch80 wrote:You have a bit of evil on your chin :)


Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby illy dilly » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 am

stretch80 wrote:
illy dilly wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:HA! This time, I'm bringing you your very own LED lightsuit so that I can easily find you on the playa horizon at night.

LOL!
Thats a hell of a good idea! Give it a super obnoxious blinking pattern, so that you know no matter what that particular blinking is me. O man, and do it in two colors that suck together, like yellow and pink.

You have a bit of evil on your chin :)

Sorry its left overs from a "Scope Coordination and Cost Engineering" meeting from earlier. Also known as a "The customer is broke, wants a fancier project, and god be damned if its coming out of the GC's pocket" scream-athon.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby OregonRed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 am

I have plonked two people since the change. I do not miss seeing the posts from either one of them.

I am quite sure that I have been plonked by a few as well.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Image
User avatar
OregonRed
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:13 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Sail Man » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I've plonked everybody. make's reading the forum a breeze now :mrgreen:

well, except that mots guy, he doesn't say much :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
User avatar
Sail Man
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. :P
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Isotopia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 am

Sometimes I plonk myself.
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby ygmir » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Isotopia wrote:Sometimes I plonk myself.

\
Plonkterbation? .......you'll go blind.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby AntiM » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm

I just can't see that happening.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17670
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby ygmir » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

I can't hear you, it's too dark.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 am

Looks like someone has! :lol:

Found this morning when I got lazy and googled "eplaya" instead of typing the link..

http://e-playa.blogspot.com/search?upda ... -results=3



High five, all!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 am

"Interestingly" enough, this was the now former user "Here and there".. who seems to have had their entire account deleted.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby ygmir » Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 am

junglesmacks wrote:Looks like someone has! :lol:

Found this morning when I got lazy and googled "eplaya" instead of typing the link..

http://e-playa.blogspot.com/search?upda ... -results=3



High five, all!



*sits alone in the corner*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Elderberry » Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 am

junglesmacks wrote:Looks like someone has! :lol:

Found this morning when I got lazy and googled "eplaya" instead of typing the link..

http://e-playa.blogspot.com/search?upda ... -results=3



High five, all!

Which begs the question: Why don't you just book mark the link?


Here and There. I remember the handle but really can't remember having any interaction with him. Well, I must not have made a very good impression, I see I'm on his list!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12846
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby AntiM » Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 am

junglesmacks wrote:"Interestingly" enough, this was the now former user "Here and there".. who seems to have had their entire account deleted.



At his request.

Other than that, no comment.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17670
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby Bob » Fri May 18, 2012 8:36 am

Anyone care to quote a bit of that, so we don't increase his hit count?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 am

Bob wrote:Anyone care to quote a bit of that, so we don't increase his hit count?


Seriously psychopath shit to follow:


I am really, seriously annoyed with Burning Man, at the moment, and am not so sure that I'm going to ever be in a forgiving mood, after this.

I went onto ePlaya. You know, ePlaya, that place where the most offensive and outrageous stuff you'll ever see in print shows up, and is left there because "we don't censor"? Well, they do. Somebody calling for a war of extermination against my Mother's people? That was OK. My suggesting that driving those who know how to build thermonuclear weaponry into such a state of rage and despair that they'd work for anybody who'd get them out of the poverty into which they'd been thrust might be kind of dangerous? Intolerable. That had to be stopped, right away.

Truly, sensitivity worthy of a Klansman.

Somebody was talking about how he couldn't make it to Burning Man this year, I offered a little reality about what the long term implications of being poor were, and the likely consequences that this was going to have for the future of the West. Much whining about negativity followed from the rich kids, and after I talked back to some of the more condescending ones, found that I had been banned from the forum.

I don't take kindly to censorship or classism, or racism, either, for that matter, and I've been treated to all three by a community that dares to talk about its commitment to "radical inclusion". As long as those who are included are rich, Christian and white, I guess, with the rest of us expected to be properly grateful for being allowed to breath.

If that's how the community thinks, then I don't need to volunteer my time for that. Until I'm given a real reason to think that this isn't how burners think, I'm locking up this and my other groups, and spending my time on something more worthwhile.
Posted by Here and There at 5:02 PM
My foes list on ePlaya
That's what ePlaya now calls the people we put on ignore. I'd recommend that you put these people on ignore, as well, before you even start to post. These people are often prominent, not because they have anything to say worth hearing, but because they are so outstandingly obnoxious that they've driven almost everybody else away. Others were either painfully stupid, or odd, in a bad way.

This might look like a long list, but remember that this is for a forum with a few thousand members.



A Jester
Antioquia
aspectacle
Badger
BAS
big baby jesus
Bluemandrew
bluesbob
blyslv
Bob
Box Burner
bradtem
buckycat
can't sit still
capjbadger
Captain Goddamit
cowboyangel
Da Mule
Deb Prothero
Dr. Pyro
Elorrum
fbcota
Fire Moose
FireShaman
gaminwench
goathead
H.G. Crosby
Hillary
hollywallydoodle
ibdave
Isotopia
jkisha
JohnPaulQuillard
junglesmacks
Kinetic V
kman
littleflower
lucky420
Mantaray
marcgorcey
maryanimal
neon tetra
oneeyedick
pizzamancer
Rabbi Dali Rick
Roberto Dobbisano
Sail Man
sdowney2002
Simon of the Playa
SoSS
swampdog
Teo del Fuego
theCryptofishist
thirt33n
TomServo
Trishntek
Ugly Dougly
unjonharley
zcassidy
Packoderm



As I say in my signature,

"When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you."

Words to live by.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby gyre » Fri May 18, 2012 8:40 am

You're on the list, Bob.

But before you get too excited, so is Deb Prothero, Gaminwench and Hollywallydoodle.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15465
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby gyre » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am

Never mind.
There's the list.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15465
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby TomServo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 am

junglesmacks wrote:
Bob wrote:Anyone care to quote a bit of that, so we don't increase his hit count?


Seriously psychopath shit to follow:


I am really, seriously annoyed with Burning Man, at the moment, and am not so sure that I'm going to ever be in a forgiving mood, after this.

I went onto ePlaya. You know, ePlaya, that place where the most offensive and outrageous stuff you'll ever see in print shows up, and is left there because "we don't censor"? Well, they do. Somebody calling for a war of extermination against my Mother's people? That was OK. My suggesting that driving those who know how to build thermonuclear weaponry into such a state of rage and despair that they'd work for anybody who'd get them out of the poverty into which they'd been thrust might be kind of dangerous? Intolerable. That had to be stopped, right away.

Truly, sensitivity worthy of a Klansman.

Somebody was talking about how he couldn't make it to Burning Man this year, I offered a little reality about what the long term implications of being poor were, and the likely consequences that this was going to have for the future of the West. Much whining about negativity followed from the rich kids, and after I talked back to some of the more condescending ones, found that I had been banned from the forum.

I don't take kindly to censorship or classism, or racism, either, for that matter, and I've been treated to all three by a community that dares to talk about its commitment to "radical inclusion". As long as those who are included are rich, Christian and white, I guess, with the rest of us expected to be properly grateful for being allowed to breath.

If that's how the community thinks, then I don't need to volunteer my time for that. Until I'm given a real reason to think that this isn't how burners think, I'm locking up this and my other groups, and spending my time on something more worthwhile.
Posted by Here and There at 5:02 PM
My foes list on ePlaya
That's what ePlaya now calls the people we put on ignore. I'd recommend that you put these people on ignore, as well, before you even start to post. These people are often prominent, not because they have anything to say worth hearing, but because they are so outstandingly obnoxious that they've driven almost everybody else away. Others were either painfully stupid, or odd, in a bad way.

This might look like a long list, but remember that this is for a forum with a few thousand members.



A Jester
Antioquia
aspectacle
Badger
BAS
big baby jesus
Bluemandrew
bluesbob
blyslv
Bob
Box Burner
bradtem
buckycat
can't sit still
capjbadger
Captain Goddamit
cowboyangel
Da Mule
Deb Prothero
Dr. Pyro
Elorrum
fbcota
Fire Moose
FireShaman
gaminwench
goathead
H.G. Crosby
Hillary
hollywallydoodle
ibdave
Isotopia
jkisha
JohnPaulQuillard
junglesmacks
Kinetic V
kman
littleflower
lucky420
Mantaray
marcgorcey
maryanimal
neon tetra
oneeyedick
pizzamancer
Rabbi Dali Rick
Roberto Dobbisano
Sail Man
sdowney2002
Simon of the Playa
SoSS
swampdog
Teo del Fuego
theCryptofishist
thirt33n
TomServo
Trishntek
Ugly Dougly
unjonharley
zcassidy
Packoderm



As I say in my signature,

"When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you."

Words to live by.
SWEET!! I MADE THE LIST!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
User avatar
TomServo
 
Posts: 6138
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Re: Have you Plonked(Ignored) any users on ePlaya?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri May 18, 2012 8:48 am

gyre wrote:You're on the list, Bob.

But before you get too excited, so is Deb Prothero, Gaminwench and Hollywallydoodle.


..and anyone that finds maryanimal offensive has got some serious issues.



YA THINK?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests